It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than Half Of Dutch Coronavirus ICU Patients Are Under 50

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I know, it is like people are taking it as a personal attack if you post factual sourced information. Others think this whole thing is a global conspiracy to get Trump.

Hell, I hope the "flu bros" are right but I am not going to chance their opinion over what I can see happening in Italy right now. It is naive to believe that "nothing bad can happen" when we can clearly see it can.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's disheartening to see so many people with such cavalier attitudes.

A lot of people are going to die that don't need to. We all die, sure, but no need to hasten that end for others because of pure selfishness. It's not about you, it's about those around you.

I honestly can't believe one dude said he doesn't care about others because he thinks he's in some magical made-up book? That is completely delusional. Insane even.

A lot of people are going to die unnecessarily because of attitudes like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Out of 960 cases, about 2.5% are under 50 and in intensive care.
edit on 15-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant

Panicking and trying to stymie peoples' hope will save how many lives?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thank goodness the USA put travel bans in effect early. Every Covid-19 horror and doomsday story from (you name it), makes President Trump's travel restriction actions look all the more prudent.

funny. isnt ats the place doomsday stories posted on a daily basis?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

It is, and we all know how many of those ridiculous examples of foolishness and fear mongering have come to pass (hint: zero)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Indeed. The original message about older people was not that they were more likely to catch it, bu that they were more likely to die from it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is worrying ..

With all the talk of Bilderberg, do they really need a meeting this year? It seems to me that Agenda 2030 is sailing along just as planned.

Financial Crash, Mass CEOs step down or disappear (Bill Gates).

I saw on another thread that another side effect of this virus is male fertility which is related to it targeting ACE 2 receptors. I mean HELLO!? Does this not scream depopulation?

The movie ' Contagion' is worth a watch if you haven't already guys, everything is identical to what is happening here in terms of the financial system, martial law, depopulation , even down to the cause, spread and symptoms of COVID-19. If it was written tomorrow, you'd think it was based on the current situation. Interestingly, the vaccine dovetails with a wrist band. Mark of the beast anyone?

Breakdown of social order & Martial Law (more or less here already by the looks of things) to come next.

Looks like that old book written a couple of thousand of years ago has prophesied correctly again. Maybe we are running out of time and the quarantine is a good opportunity for us to know Christ and accept the spirit.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I believe in God and heaven and already have my name written in the good book. So no worries here.

You think I should suffer to protect you? No thank you. Unless you want to send me some money. I can PM you my bank info.

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13)

You might want to read the “fine print” in that Good Book you claimed to be written into.

You might find that you’ll need to revise your postmortem travel plans for a somewhat warmer destination.

You know that’s not HOW you get to heaven right?

It’s just a nice gesture and suggestion on love.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I hope those who are sick get better. But to your tenor...

The age demographics of the Netherlands look pretty stable with the exception of the post WWII boom. Not a pyramid, inverted or otherwise. A rectangle with a rounded top. Pretty common for much of western Europe.
www.indexmundi.com...

Per those data, more than half of the Dutch population is under age 50. Would it not follow more than half of those infected with CV are under 50? I understand with many of these illnesses, the young and old are affected disproportionally.

When the smoke clears, if we chart deaths and/or severe case against the age demographics, there may be something to it. Until then, I am not sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A Boston globe journalist repeating lines from the masters at Global Engagement Center. How come nobody even speaks of the global engagement center??

Does anybody even remember that it was created on Obama's way out to counter alleged foreign propoganda (which is why they needed to say Russian collusion for three years straight). That agency is literally in charge of influencing targeted populations with partnerships and utilizing special agents and operators. I don't have to make that up, it was passed into law and receives the ring every year.

Mike pompeo by his position is allegedly in charge of it. I would speculate many European states had passed similar laws and agencies as well, assuming they were not already in existence.

It's fine to disagree, at least your respectful about it. A reply to someone else lol
edit on 3-15-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Fun fact at my base 1 person fit the older with underlying condition criteria, the other confirmed was a fit 20 something USAF flight line maintainer, the rest that are in quarantine waiting on results are a variety of airmen from across the base.

So you dont care you might catch it, great then you carry it home to your mother and father, or grandparents all because you didnt care if you caught it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If about 20% of cases are going to develop into severe or critical ones, then some of them will be across all demographics who get ill too.

Just because most people who get this will get mild cases, doesn't mean all those mild cases are going to be younger folks below 60. Some of them will develop more severe illnesses too. Those death rates for the younger demographics have to actually come from somewhere which would presumably mean that, yes, younger people do develop more severe cases, and some of those more severe cases will go on to become critical leading to death.

You'll note none of the younger age demographics have a 0% chance of death, only that they are well below 1% across the board.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Ahh yes, so like any other seasonal illness, noted.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ahh yes, so like any other seasonal illness, noted.

Spanish Flu was just the flu.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: VariableConstant

Panicking and trying to stymie peoples' hope will save how many lives?

Who's panicking?

There's all the difference in the world between panic and sensible action. Saying you don't care if other people die because of your actions is the epitome of selfishness, and the opposite of sensible.

(For the record, I don't recall you saying that, it was the poster I originally responded to).

Do you not agree that the impacts of this epidemic can be lessened by people being responsible and looking out for the welfare of others? Personally, I'm convinced it could save lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Just because most people who get this will get mild cases, doesn't mean all those mild cases are going to be younger folks below 60. Some of them will develop more severe illnesses too.

Here's a description from someone not in the "risk" group. A medical professional speaking.

“We got back and my muscles ached, my bones ached and my joints ached really bad,” Merck said. “It felt like someone was stabbing me with an ice pick and I was like, ‘I wonder if I have the flu.'”

Her health eventually deteriorated to the point where she headed to the emergency room.

“I felt really short of breath, I felt very fatigued,” she told the outlet. “Finally, on Sunday night, I told my husband, ‘I need you take me to the ER. I don’t feel well — whenever I stand, I feel like I’m going to faint.’”

www.foxnews.com...

Mild?

edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Here's why: Fatality is the wrong yardstick. Catching the virus can mess up your life in many, many more ways than just straight-up killing you. "We are all young"—okay. "Even if we get the bug, we will survive"—fantastic. How about needing four months of physical therapy before you even feel human again. Or getting scar tissue in your lungs and having your activity level restricted for the rest of your life. Not to mention having every chance of catching another bug in hospital, while you're being treated or waiting to get checked with an immune system distracted even by the false alarm of an ordinary flu. No travel for leisure or business is worth this risk.

The greatest generation would call these people pussies... just rub some dirt on it and move on....geez

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join