It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He can they test and detect the Novel Coronavirus so quickly?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oops wrong thread
edit on 14-3-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: DaRAGE
Maybe it was a pre-planned event and they already had the
tests ready to use.Might even have a vaccine nearly completed
now as I type.

the 'coronavirus' is not the COVID19 strain… that's what false positive test results that screwed up all the infection data/numbers was all about...

A whole lot of people, including me, have been using those words interchangeably. I'll read more carefully, but I'm guessing a lot of the MSM is doing the same thing.

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

www.who.int...(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-caus es-it

Name it whatever, just don't call it "the common flu."

Wouldn't want to do that because a whole lot more people are dying of the "common flu" every day. In the US alone the "common flu" takes from 30,000 to 80,000 people a year. Even at the low end that's almost 100 dead PER DAY.

This is an honest question; I’m not trying to be snarky.

Do you understand exponential growth?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I want to know why people are buying up bottled water though. What next, electric generators?

There's a few areas out there where stocking up on a couple weeks worth of bottled water might be recommended, or at least a prudent choice.
edit on 3/14/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

That makes sense. Ick.

We don't have that problem here though, and yet Costco must currently limit bottled water purchases.

edit on 3/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

now as I type.

the 'coronavirus' is not the COVID19 strain… that's what false positive test results that screwed up all the infection data/numbers was all about...

A whole lot of people, including me, have been using those words interchangeably. I'll read more carefully, but I'm guessing a lot of the MSM is doing the same thing.

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

(SARS-CoV-2)

Wouldn't want to do that because a whole lot more people are dying of the "common flu" every day. In the US alone the "common flu" takes from 30,000 to 80,000 people a year. Even at the low end that's almost 100 dead PER DAY.

After a full year of graduate-level statistics I believe I've got the basics down. though I still have to look up the formula for Chi Square tests and we all (my classmates and I) struggled through it. But I believe you are projecting a future that hasn't happened yet and is more of a fantasy than observed reality. People with spreadsheets can make wildly inaccurate predictions to 8 places past the decimal with aplomb.

But here's the funny part. When this thing slows to a trickle, as it has already done in China, the politicians will stand up and claim because they got out in front here and wrote us an email on how to properly wash our hands, it's because of THEM that this did not turn more deadly. We will have exponential growth for sure, of politicians taking credit and grandstanding.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

it's because of THEM that this did not turn more deadly.

You mean him, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I think they are quarantining every one with a fever initially.
Then once in quarantine, they conduct the proper testing.
I'm just guessing, but it seems legit

now that sounds like a sensible action to take... since the Health squads were dealing with an 'unknown' pathogen...also coming out of Wuhan (a tight lipped Communist Party in-Charge)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable
a reply to: Phage
Well I feel stupid. This article says the CDC recommends a 2 week supply of food and water.
www.aces.edu...
When I follow the link to the CDC, it says 2 weeks of food.
www.cdc.gov...

I've been suckered into spreading bad info, and sowing panic. Your welcome.

Yes , yes you have...
You did not read the entire article with comprehension , did you ?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

it's because of THEM that this did not turn more deadly.

You mean him, right?

No. Plural. My local representative (D-WA) sent me an email on how to properly wash my hands and assured us all that he was with us every step of the way. You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My local representative

Singular?
Or were you just using the non-binary pronoun when you said "them?" How politically correct of you.,

edit on 3/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

My local representative

Singular?
Or were you just using the non-binary pronoun when you said "them?" How politically correct of you.,

C'mon, Phage. You're not fooling anyone. What, exactly, did you mean by replying "You mean him?" Can you be truthful about that? You were fishing for what answer? Seems pretty transparent to me. And in terms of my being "politically correct"? WTF are you talking about? Non-binary? (Snort. Hilarious.) I think that is the weakest phrase I've ever read from you. You're slipping. (Have you been tested?)

THEM = politicians in general, jumping on the bandwagon, assuring the plebeian populace that they are in control and "on top of this" for our benefit. In addition to my local rep (whom I've personally met and seems like a nice guy) we have our Governor Inslee (D-WA) closing all schools and "banning" all large gatherings. I'm not sure that is within his remit, frankly, but all the little lemmings will follow suit like good little boys and girls.

This whole thing is a Nothing Burger.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

now as I type.

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

(SARS-CoV-2)

Yeah, you;re the guy who would like to edumacate us all in exponential growth. Here's an interesting web site that is, in theory, updated regularly. Notice that the X scale is in days at this point. Be sure and turn on the logarithmic scale to view "expoential" growth. And be sure to turn on the death rate as well. It defaults to South Korea. Un-check them and check on the US. And be sure to check out China as well.Interesting stuff. Of course it is only as good as the reporting, which is one reason the graphs display as they do.

bibbase.org...

edit on 3/15/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join