It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He can they test and detect the Novel Coronavirus so quickly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Just means they don't have any of the past pages stored on record.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And provides a history of changes.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What I'm saying is that article is from March 3, and that page was created on March 14.

That doesn't prove it's been altered or moved?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

What I'm saying is that article is from March 3, and that page was created on March 14.

It was probably a simple omission.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable
Well I feel stupid. This article says the CDC recommends a 2 week supply of food and water.
www.aces.edu...
When I follow the link to the CDC, it says 2 weeks of food.
www.cdc.gov...

I've been suckered into spreading bad info, and sowing panic. Your welcome.

The reason they suggest a two week supply of consumables is not because there's going to be a big shortage of supply out there in consumer land. It's because if you have to self-quarantine (or you get a mandatory quarantine order, which might start happening soon), the currently recommended quarantine period is 14 days and during that time you won't be able to just run down to the Walmart whenever you want. 14 days is basically the maximum length of time it takes to show symptoms after an exposure.

I know because I was in Italy the last 3 weeks of February, right in the hot zone. I returned on Feb. 28 and my doctor recommended self-quarantining for 2 weeks just to be on the safe side.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Maybe it was a pre-planned event and they already had the
tests ready to use.Might even have a vaccine nearly completed
now as I type.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No. Most webpages contain code which updates the "creation date". The page is "created" when you open it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I work in a control room. First plan is to minimise unnecessary contact. Bonus, means boss has vacated his desk. If we get to 25% sick the remainder to go from 8 hour shifts to 12 hours. If we get to 50% sick we go 12 hour shifts with no days off. Ultimate fallback is laptop and mobile to work from home but that has security issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I want to know why people are buying up bottled water

They probably couldn’t find any toilet paper ?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Hi

I’m just wondering how the Chinese and other countries are able to detect via a test whether or not you have been infected with a specific Novel Coronavirus. Does anyone know how the testing happens especially in the case of a new.... Novel disease that’s yet to outbreak?

Thanks

They use something called a Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) process.

First of all, the Coronavirus is an RNA virus. It's genome contains only single-stranded RNA. In higher organisms, like humans, our genetic material is twin-stranded DNA. DNA organisms make copies of their genetic material by first transcribing the DNA into RNA; there are specific enzymes in the cell that do that. I turns out that there are also reverse transcription enzymes that can take RNA and create what are called complimentary DNA (cDNA) strands. It just runs the process in reverse and encodes the RNA information into a DNA strand. Once you have a cDNA strand you can use a Polymerase Chain Reaction enzyme to reproduce an arbitrarily large number of copies of that strand with almost zero errors. By doing it that way, you are not reproducing mass quantities of pathogenic virus RNA, which could be a public health risk all by itself. This essentially takes the genetic information encoded in (theoretically) one RNA strand and amplifies it by many orders of magnitude, to a size it can be detected in the form of cDNA.

I'm not sure how they detect the cDNA but I suspect they do it by putting it in a solution containing certain molecules that fluoresce when they attach to the cDNA.

All the microbiologists of the world now know that is the way viral RNA is going to be tested for, so whenever a novel virus is suspected, the labs that do this kind of stuff immediately start sequencing the RNA and start figuring out which gene sequences they want to use for the test. In the case of the novel Coronavirus, I believe there are actually two gene sequences that need to be present in order to make a positive ID. That's to prevent false positives.

The novel Coronavirus genome was sequenced by multiple labs throughout the world (including China) by late December and published on the internet, so that any lab could start working on it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: schuyler

Testing has more to do with determining the scope of infection than treatment of individuals. How many are infected in this area? What are the demographics of this area? Based on this, what can be expected over the next weeks?

I want to know why people are buying up bottled water though. What next, electric generators?

So is everyone expected to present themselves for testing even though they have no symptoms? Who is going to enforce that? And by what decree?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So is everyone expected to present themselves for testing even though they have no symptoms?

No.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That begs the question of getting tested in the first place. Why is everyone so worried about getting tested? If you don't have any symptoms, what is testing going to get you? Peace of mind that you don't have the virus TODAY, but you could get it tomorrow? If you have the symptoms: Dry cough, headache, low-energy, sure. Makes sense. But we don't instantly need hundreds of millions of test kits. It's like the run on toilet paper. The symptoms do not include needing a lot of extra TP. Yet here we are in panic mode over paper products. It's nuts.

The Democrats are using that fear to whip their voters up into a frenzy and blame Republicans, specifically Trump, for our not having tests available for everyone now. I mean right friggin' now. And you're exactly right, there is no need to test if you don't have symptoms. But because people don't use common sense the hospitals have had to set up drive-through testing at hospitals and in shopping center parking lots. But even they have to tell people no symptoms, no test.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
now as I type.

the 'coronavirus' is not the COVID19 strain… that's what false positive test results that screwed up all the infection data/numbers was all about...

along with discovering the surface-life of the COVID was much longer than the generic 'coronavirus' that's been going for years---
there are many differences in COVID19 and regular nCoronavirus, many still are not known such as Airborne transmission or the 14 foot infection zone around a carrier person that is busy 'shedding' COVID19 on others

many private Labs are developing test kits that the health insurers will pay for and will be distributed by the millions by Tuesday next week (March 17th) according to Yahoo news sources, on line ----->

so, OP, the test kits prior to next Tuesday are not fool-proof nor 100% accurate in ID'ing COVID19

it was the ole 'Look Busy' act...
edit on th31158422617014492020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

now as I type.

the 'coronavirus' is not the COVID19 strain… that's what false positive test results that screwed up all the infection data/numbers was all about...

A whole lot of people, including me, have been using those words interchangeably. I'll read more carefully, but I'm guessing a lot of the MSM is doing the same thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

A whole lot of people, including me, have been using those words interchangeably.

You can continue to do so. Just as H1N1 is influenza, COVID19 is coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

now as I type.

A whole lot of people, including me, have been using those words interchangeably. I'll read more carefully, but I'm guessing a lot of the MSM is doing the same thing.

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

www.who.int...(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-caus es-it

Name it whatever, just don't call it "the common flu."
edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think they are quarantining every one with a fever initially.
Then once in quarantine, they conduct the proper testing.
I'm just guessing, but it seems legit

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

now as I type.

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

www.who.int...(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-caus es-it

Name it whatever, just don't call it "the common flu."

Wouldn't want to do that because a whole lot more people are dying of the "common flu" every day. In the US alone the "common flu" takes from 30,000 to 80,000 people a year. Even at the low end that's almost 100 dead PER DAY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join