It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bidet ordered...TP crisis over

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So after watching the madness I decided to finally try a Bidet. In case you don’t know what that is, it goes on your toilet and shoots clean water at the exit. I’ve heard good things but have always been hesitant.
It’s on its way and shall be here Tuesday. I have alerted the family that dad has saved their world once again, so use the remaining TP sparingly until Amazon man shows up.

If any of you have one and would like to pass along positioning tips or other things I haven’t thought of, please pass them along.

I will now see all (some) of you on the other side of this apocalypse!

Flush and spray...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I had a real bidet in my house once. I found it to be not as effective as I would have liked.

Basically, your entire butt is covered in water when finished. How do you get that off, towels? You’re going to be doing a lot of laundry.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I fink you're freaky.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I have my sad German intern Gunther use a sponge on my rear after a potty.

Saves time.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ok..
A question or two.

Not being a lady myself, but don’t ladies use toilet paper to dry their lady bits?

How does spraying water on those lady bits not require a thorough drying as well?

Does it just air dry or drip dry?

These are things I must know...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am not a bigot supporter. Bigot...Bidet...sounds too close for me.

But I am not going to slam your choice of buying a Bidet because that would make me a Bigot.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ok..
A question or two.

Not being a lady myself, but don’t ladies use toilet paper to dry their lady bits?

How does spraying water on those lady bits not require a thorough drying as well?

I’m a forty something guy myself. I have a wife, daughter, and son, so I guess we will find out next week how all that works out. Lol
I’m sure they will have plenty to say about “operation wet wipe”.
I know men and women who have them and they like it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have my sad German intern Gunther use a sponge on my rear after a potty.

Saves time.

Always a pleasure, Cowboy. 😁

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ok..
A question or two.

If we told you, we wouldn't be ladies, would we?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I know people from other countries think Americans are heathens for using toilet paper and not a bidet. And I agree, it's probably not the perfect system. But, I've just never understood how bidets can work so much better. You know....ever just sprayed your car with a hose when it needs a wash then run your hand over it? Yeah, still a dirty film there. Just spraying water on it doesn't wash off that film or the bugs. Feces is greasy....you can't just rinse it off with water.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ok..
A question or two.

Yeah, can someone female who's used a bidet clear this up? I'm a woman, but have never come across a bidet in my life, let alone used one. How..I mean, exactly what...Do we just get up and go, or is there some sort of drying step in there somewhere?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout
I know people from other countries think Americans are heathens for using toilet paper and not a bidet. And I agree, it's probably not the perfect system. But, I've just never understood how bidets can work so much better. You know....ever just sprayed your car with a hose when it needs a wash then run your hand over it? Yeah, still a dirty film there. Just spraying water on it doesn't wash off that film or the bugs. Feces is greasy....you can't just rinse it off with water.

I used to work for an Indian couple, the wife was born & raised in the US, but the husband was from India. She adored TP, he preferred his...soap and rag. They were yelling at each other one day (over who's wiping method was better) and I made the mistake of asking what the tiff was about. Boy, did I get more than I bargained for with the answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This is not as complex as people seem to think. Some bidet have dryers, even heated ones at that. Otherwise you still use TP to pat dry. Generally much less TP overall even if you dont have a dryer built in to the seat.
edit on 14-3-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah if you're lucky enough to have a Japanese toilet that has all the bells and whistles, you might need a couple of squares to pat dry. Would extend the life of your stock of TP considerably.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, who wouldn't want to "rejuvenate with an unrivaled feeling of shower fresh clean?" I mean c'mon, I'd never leave the bathroom if I had a $4500 "Spalet" lmao.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I love Japanese bathrooms. They're incredibly easy to clean.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm currently having a house built, and my builder said "Oh yeah, toilet budget is around $300 each right?", nope. Master bathroom gets one of these $5k toilets and the others get the $800 attachment seats. I'm willing to compromise in a lot of areas, but the bathroom and kitchen are not ones that I ever will.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Yeah, can someone female who's used a bidet clear this up? I'm a woman, but have never come across a bidet in my life, let alone used one. How..I mean, exactly what...Do we just get up and go, or is there some sort of drying step in there somewhere?

Same and I'm curious about this too. Does the water spray from the back to the front? That doesn't sound very hygienic and would be the last thing I would want and I don't see how it would save that much TP anyway? I wee a lot more than I do the other and unless I'm out in the woods or something and have no choice, am not a fan of the drip dry. (TMI)

Do you have to plug in these add-on units or do you just shoot cold water at your bum?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

T M I .

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

IIRC several years ago some Hollywood type, Winona Ryder maybe, said she used just one sheet of toilet paper. Was suppose to help the environment. I thought, does she poke a hole in the middle with her index finger, wipe and then fold each corner over her finger, twist and toss it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join