It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OTC Medicine For SARS-COV Successful In Vivo Testing... Currently Being Tested on COV2...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
No scummy click bait. No snake oil or colloidal silver milkshakes...

Just peer reviewed articles from multiple medical journals and studies...

American Journal of Physiology, Oxford, et al...

Quercetin:

www.researchgate.net... tructure-activity_relationship_studies_reveal_salient_pharmacophore_features
|
|
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"The 3C-like protease (3CL(pro)) of severe acute respiratory syndrome associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) is vital for SARS-CoV replication and is a promising drug target.

Quercetin, epigallocatechin gallate and gallocatechin gallate (GCG) displayed good inhibition toward 3CL(pro) with IC(50) values of 73, 73 and 47 μM, respectively."
|
|
link.springer.com...
|
|
journals.physiology.org...
|
|
parasitesandvectors.biomedcentral.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Quercetin? Lucky I have this on hand. My herbalist friend recommended it for seasonal allergies. It's a nettles quercetin mix.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Foods rich in isoquercitrin include leafy vegetables, broccoli, red onions, peppers, apples, grapes, black tea, green tea, red wine, and some fruit juices. The amount of quercetin received from food is primarily dependent on an individual's dietary habits.

Get yourself some good veggies.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Guess I'm good and so is all of the UK -- tea drinkers. Not sure how we explain China though.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Good thread, quercetin is found in onions in decent amounts, the small yellow onions are the cheapest and most powerful even though most people think that the red onions are highest because that rumor was spread widely for sales promotion purposes. The mild big yellow onions and white onions are not very strong.

Apple peel is high in it too, you know the part that is full of pesticides. I would say buy organic apples so you can safely eat the skin. I love em good wild apples we pick around here, but they sometimes have worms, so you know that they are edible anyway.

I actually have quercetin/bromelain capsules. But I get enough quercetin from onions usually. So most often I take just the bromelain pills I have but occasionally will take one of those combos if I haven't eaten much quercetin foods.

I think there is quercetin in grapefruit too, but not sure about that. Grapefruit contains quite a bit of the same chemistry as onions, I usually eat quite a bit of grapefruit in the winter months, I put some sugar on it though, I am not allergic to sugar.

edit on 14-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, I looked it up. It is in grapefruit too. That's also good. Son and I love us some grapefruit ... without the sugar even. Broccoli is one of our staple dinner table veggies and husband always has an apple for his breakfast.

Plenty of quercetin in this household.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, I looked it up. It is in grapefruit too. That's also good. Son and I love us some grapefruit ... without the sugar even. Broccoli is one of our staple dinner table veggies and husband always has an apple for his breakfast.

Plenty of quercetin in this household.
Quercetin is part of the fix, a combo of quercetin and a proteinase is best, a grapefruit would be better than an apple. So would an onion. But also, you wouldn't want to eat a real lot of grapefruit either, so getting it from different sources is best. I think that the source of quercitin to make the supplements from is usually from apple peels, because they can get those at low costs from apple canning and processing facilities. A lot of apples are processed in this country and the peels can actually be profitable instead of paying for burying them in landfills.

new topics

top topics

join