It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Ice Beard" Winter Surfer Of Lake Superior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I promised myself last night, after posting my last thread, that I was going to refrain from posting another thread about the coronavirus. To be honest, I think that I may have contributed to the ever growing panic concerning the coronavirus. So, I'm determined not to fuel the panic anymore and will instead post threads on other subjects, with the hope that it takes people's minds off the 24/7 hysteria over this virus. Besides, judging on the number of coronavirus threads that have already popped up on ATS since midnight, no one will miss out if I stop posting on this subject.

Anyway, what better way to start, than for me to post a cool thread about a guy who surfs Lake Superior, during the winter, in sub-zero temperatures. According to some people, this guy is a hero, because he has saved many people from drowning in the lake over the years. Others claim that "he has the worlds most epic beard in the winter."

Daniel Schetter, known as “Surfer Dan,” has become a local legend for surfing Lake Superior, rain or shine, and making epic ice beards in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Cheers to your non fear mongering resolution, Shawman!

Great video. That dude is a badass! Loved his trident.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think I know Dan, but I might recognize him if he got an ice cut

My daughter used to know a couple of guys that would go out occasionally and surf down by Marquette a few times in the winter, but not regularly like this guy does.. My Son in law took his Kayak out last winter and was full of ice....I think he actually got a bad cold after that.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nope, nope, nope.

Went into lake Superior, at the end of June, right off the point at Copper Harbor.
After 5 minutes, my feet were purple.

Did find a spot, thanks to a wonderful woman working at a light house, that that was warm. It was only knee deep for a looong way out.

But getting in that water, in winter??? I will leave that to the crazies, like Dan.
Those Yoopers are a special breed, god love em.

(Guess us trolls are wimps.
I'm ok with that.)
edit on 14-3-2020 by chiefsmom because: addition

top topics

join