It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government and the people need to help those laid off by the Corona virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They just passed a bipartisan bill that deals with the coronavirus disruptions but so far I don’t see much for those affected by this and laid off.
link

Through no fault of their own millions will get affected by this. Hopefully, this scourge will end soon and the folks can get back to work.
Meanwhile, and just if it doesn't end soon, we need to look to the vulnerable who have been and will be laid off soon.

Number one, employment insurance should be extended if this goes on too far.

Number two, just recently the forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Kevin Love, gave 100,000 dollars to the employees laid off in the arena he plays in. So, the superrich needs to step up and like Kevin make contributions to a national fund supplemented by the government to assist ALL those in the country laid off as a direct result of the coronavirus. And the non-super rich can also contribute to this fund.

Kevin Love Donating $100K to Arena Workers amid Coronavirus Cancellations
bleacherreport.com...

Now, what makes this vital is that many in our new gig economy, such as Uber drivers, and waiters, contractors don’t have unemployment insurance so it's vital we look after these people particularly.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sounds like welfare but with extra steps

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

contractors don’t have unemployment insurance

Yes they do.
Through the State Unemployment process.
Just like everyone else.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The government is failing to point out the FACTS...and act accordingly.

99% of cases are mild. Only 51 Americans have died since Jan 21st.

www.worldometers.info...

Why the Trump Administration is allowing the agenda-driven media/experts to damage the economy by scaring the people of this country is a mystery.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I think it would be better to raid the 1% that have all that extra cash and toilet paper, they can not stop us if we all go and just take all of it.

And the government.. Lying and manipulating Buttmonkeys, i say off with their e`ads.

Wake up for a better tomorrow people.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
As long as America sends China the bill and deducts it from debt owed to China, I’m all for giving relief to Americans taxpayers.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.worldometers.info...

Why the Trump Administration is allowing the agenda-driven media/experts to damage the economy by scaring the people of this country is a mystery.

The 1st Amendment comes to mind. He can't do anything to them or it will start a new, strong #-storm.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yes they do.
Just like everyone else.

The max you can get in Michigan is a little over $300 a week. I was on it in 2018 and it is better than nothing, but not much.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Number one, employment insurance should be extended if this goes on too far.

Under normal times, an individual can collect unemployment benefits for a maximum of 26 weeks. It burned itself out in about 12 weeks in Wuhan after they "lost control", why do you "feel" we need even more than three times that?

So, the superrich needs to step up and like Kevin make contributions to a national fund supplemented by the government to assist ALL those in the country laid off as a direct result of the coronavirus. And the non-super rich can also contribute to this fund.

No. You are not entitled to other peoples property. If you cannot manage your own finances or plan for your own finances, you should consider becoming an adult ward of the state. legalbeagle.com...

The appointed guardian provides services to maintain the person’s well being. Although he's no considered a caretaker, the guardian helps the ward make decisions and give consent.

The guardian can make decisions about where the person will live and, in some cases, manage his finances.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

People keep trying to tell you that trump is and has always been one of the evil elites.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They are still working on a Federal unemployment package for those who are layed off because of the virus. Unemployment does not pay the best though, but it is something. Now I sure hope these people are not going to have to start going to all of the classes and look for jobs like other unemployed people do. That would suck, no pay and have to go miles to go to a class. They should pay a full wage for that two days that they make you go to do all that BS. I hated it when they made my employees go look for work when they were laid off, I needed them back when the seasonal work resumed, I lost some that took jobs that they found out they liked better, working out in the elements all day can be hard on the body, I paid decent, but only a buck or so more than they made on the job they got where they worked on a cushy job.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.worldometers.info...

Because there's people like you out there who don't think this is a big deal. YOU are the reason it will spread here like it has nowhere else. Even Trump is smart enough to realize the severity of the situation.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yes they do.
Just like everyone else.

You do realise that there will gangs of hungry , heavily armed people roaming the streets looking for food if this goes pair shaped right, either protections are put in place or hell breaks loose.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

www.worldometers.info...

Because there's people like you out there who don't think this is a big deal. YOU are the reason it will spread here like it has nowhere else. Even Trump is smart enough to realize the severity of the situation.

Logic and calm DO NOT cause the problem to spread. Panicking town criers, i.e. the media, do. And as has been stated several times in many different threads, the damage this situation causes will be much greater and long lasting, not because of illness from the virus but because of the idiots running around like headless chickens causing mayhem in everyday lives. They want the country in chaos because it somehow justifies their existence. Other than that, they are pajama boy and girls living in their parents basement....or they're the parents of those basement dwelling pajama people. Take your pick.

Most of us level headed, rationale people have little to fear. We're prepared and can handle this disturbance in the force.

ETA, sorry for the thread stray.

If people would use some common sense, do a little prepping on their own behalf, spend their money wisely and save some for a rainy day then MOST of them wouldn't need any assistance.

The attitude of the YOLO crowd many times sabotages a good solid foundation life style that can carry one through rough times. This situation is going to be world changing for sure. Hopefully 'woke' will take on a new meaning.
edit on 14-3-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Yes they do.
Just like everyone else.

The max you can get in Michigan is a little over $300 a week. I was on it in 2018 and it is better than nothing, but not much.

Agreed .

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes they do.
Just like everyone else.

You do realise that there will gangs of hungry , heavily armed people roaming the streets looking for food if this goes pair shaped right, either protections are put in place or hell breaks loose.

What does that have to do with my post ?
The post was about contractors do get unemployment insurance.
Done
Next

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hungry people won't care about that, why do you the think the national guard are being mobilized.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hungry people won't care about that, why do you the think the national guard are being mobilized.

Hungry people won't care about their unemployment ?
What are you trying to say here ?
Are you OK ?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm saying I don't think this is going to play out the same you do.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'm saying I don't think this is going to play out the same you do.

What is not going to "play out" like I think ?
Unemployment insurance ?

edit on 3/14/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join