It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help Me Understand the Logic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
So here we have a virus. This particular virus really only negatively affects the elderly. Most commonly, elderly with pre-existing medical issues. With almost everyone else (70 and younger), only having symptoms nothing more than a mild flu.

Why are we shutting down commerce? Why has so many businesses come to a screeching halt over this?

Eventually, this virus will dissipate. When it does, it’s going to leave millions of people in a mound of debt and or possibly jobless. It’s these same people that are the future of our planet. Yet, we are crippling them for the foreseeable future.

I’ve got decades left in this rat race, just like many of you. I’ve got mouths to feed. I have no way of doing so, as the economy has virtually shut down. My business literally died this last week. Not one phone call for new bookings. Only calls to cancel existing ones.

So here’s my real question. Why aren’t we just quarantining the elderly with medical issues? This is for their safety. We’ve pretty much been told that we will come in contact with this virus one way or the other. Many of us may not even feel any symptoms from it — due to strong immune systems. Some will just get flu like symptoms.

Why not quarantine the elderly. Let the rest of us go about our business. Allowing this virus to run its coarse. When it finally does, the elderly can re-integrate back into society.

Why are we shutting EVERYTHING down for something that only affects a minority of the population? It makes more sense to take safety measure for those individuals. Not putting the entire planet in fear mode.

Please help me understand the logic.

P.S. Don’t try and come back at me saying that I’m callous against older folks. My father is 70 and has had bad lung issues for 50 years. So he’s one of the few that is in harms way from this. I’m perfectly fine with him being quarantined for his own safety.

I totally understand what you are saying and I wonder the same thing? what is this REALLY about? I don't feel the same as you on just quarantining the elderly, although it makes good sense to do that. But I feel that something bigger is going on just not sure what yet. As a Christian, I think I have an idea but time will tell.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

That is crazy you shared that clip from MIB. I was speaking to my mother just like an hour ago about people being more prone to Idiocy in larger groups, and she said this pandemic situation reminded her of that quote from that movie and quoted it. Too funny. She will get a kick out of knowing that you summer this whole thing up the same way. Thanks for sharing that as well as for that little synchronicity.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: KKLOCO
As I've said any healthy immune system should be welcoming the virus for a tune up, preparing it for further mutations. But this is more than it seems because its a clear push for some agenda and I'm not sure everybody at the top is on the same page. As soon as Tom Hanks declared he had it my suspicions peaked. It all just seems part of a plan.

Probably should check those illuminati cards for this one.

I tend to agree with the general sentiments here. Not sure about Hanks but the rest of it - sure.

I had H1N1 back in the day. It was supposed to be horrific but it was just a cold.

When my kids were little I got SICK - like regularly. That was 5+ years ago. I haven’t been sick like that since. My immune system got whooped into shape big time.

I say all of that to get to my point - it’s just a virus. The freak out and government action is unwarranted.

We’ll see another disease in the future - it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If the media reacts to Ebola even tho it's Corona?

The idiots will think it's Ebola.

And buy toilet paper;

Sometimes population reduction looks like a necessary evil.
It may be cruel but sometimes I get the guide stones.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

If the media reacts to Ebola even tho it's Corona?

The idiots will think it's Ebola.

And buy toilet paper;

Sometimes population reduction looks like a necessary evil.
It may be cruel but sometimes I get the guide stones.

Geez..everyone knows you buy toilet paper with Ebola, I just don't understand why with Covid-19?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: KKLOCO
So here we have a virus. This particular virus really only negatively affects the elderly. Most commonly, elderly with pre-existing medical issues. With almost everyone else (70 and younger), only having symptoms nothing more than a mild flu.

Why are we shutting down commerce? Why has so many businesses come to a screeching halt over this?

Eventually, this virus will dissipate. When it does, it’s going to leave millions of people in a mound of debt and or possibly jobless. It’s these same people that are the future of our planet. Yet, we are crippling them for the foreseeable future.

I’ve got decades left in this rat race, just like many of you. I’ve got mouths to feed. I have no way of doing so, as the economy has virtually shut down. My business literally died this last week. Not one phone call for new bookings. Only calls to cancel existing ones.

So here’s my real question. Why aren’t we just quarantining the elderly with medical issues? This is for their safety. We’ve pretty much been told that we will come in contact with this virus one way or the other. Many of us may not even feel any symptoms from it — due to strong immune systems. Some will just get flu like symptoms.

Why not quarantine the elderly. Let the rest of us go about our business. Allowing this virus to run its coarse. When it finally does, the elderly can re-integrate back into society.

Why are we shutting EVERYTHING down for something that only affects a minority of the population? It makes more sense to take safety measure for those individuals. Not putting the entire planet in fear mode.

Please help me understand the logic.

P.S. Don’t try and come back at me saying that I’m callous against older folks. My father is 70 and has had bad lung issues for 50 years. So he’s one of the few that is in harms way from this. I’m perfectly fine with him being quarantined for his own safety.

I totally understand what you are saying and I wonder the same thing? what is this REALLY about? I don't feel the same as you on just quarantining the elderly, although it makes good sense to do that. But I feel that something bigger is going on just not sure what yet. As a Christian, I think I have an idea but time will tell.

Well lay your theory out there with the rest of them...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Why aren’t we just quarantining the elderly with medical issues? This is for their safety. We’ve pretty much been told that we will come in contact with this virus one way or the other. Many of us may not even feel any symptoms from it — due to strong immune systems. Some will just get flu like symptoms.

They just don't know what this is. Also, some do die at a young age.

Also, obviously all those hospitalized people aren’t there just because they have the sniffles.

If the hospitals get overrun then it is a disaster. Remember there are people there with health issues other than the virus

But that may be a good idea if they have to do it.

I say shut down for a few weeks then test everybody
edit on 14-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb
Yes, that would be my understanding of it, children seem to not get sick, but can carry it..hence why schools are being closed..dirty little germ bags
jk.

Anyway, this is all very unprecedented, the reaction to this is an overabundance of caution, time will tell if it was needed.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How do you understand the single most stupid phenomena I've ever
witnessed in our life time? Understanding it would only come
from something like a rumor going around that the virus favors
people with a dirty ass.

I went to four different stores today on the way to see my step
daughter's family. I was gonna bring toilet paper as a joke. i
couldn't find a single sheet. But then the boxes of Kleenex
right next to the empty toilet paper shelves? Fully stocked!

How in the hell are you supposed to understand it? One way.
Everyone who's now happy with all that # paper is a
total whack job. Nuts, Spun ducky woo woo.
And that's a # load of people.
edit on 14-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have to ask but obviously, I understand if you don’t want to answer....

Are you thinking this could result in a required test/ immunization/ mark saying you’re “clear” before you’re allowed to move around freely again - and/or that mark can also be used to track you and make sure you stay compliant in the future? If that’s what you’re thinking, that would be an interesting thought...

a reply to: TruthJava

edit on 15-3-2020 by nicevillegrl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
I have to ask but obviously, I understand if you don’t want to answer....

Are you thinking this could result in a required test/ immunization/ mark saying you’re “clear” before you’re allowed to move around freely again - and/or that mark can also be used to track you and make sure you stay compliant in the future? If that’s what you’re thinking, that would be an interesting thought...

a reply to: TruthJava

My way way way out thought: last few years seems to have been prepping people psychologically for disclosure. What better way for aliens to introduce themselves than with a miracle cure for a globally-crippling virus. It would engender a lot of goodwill!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

How in the hell are you supposed to understand it? One way.
Everyone who's now happy with all that # paper is a
total whack job. Nuts, Spun ducky woo woo.
And that's a # load of people.

This all is actually a good lesson in many ways. Somebody goes by you with a cart full of toilet paper and you think, why are they stocking up, what is the problem, so you buy more. Then the news says that toilet paper is running out and the herd stampedes buying it all up with no real reason as to why.

Yesterday I told my wife lets go to Costco and buy meats to fill up our freezers, so we looked to see how much space we had open and then bought different meats. I spent about 400 bucks and my wife was like why do we need so much and I told her today it is toilet paper tomorrow it could be chicken/beef, and I just want to make sure if all of a sudden everyone buys up meats then we can go 3 weeks without the need to go to the store and get some.

So to me toilet paper is a great lesson on how in 2020 the herd mentality will work with all the social media driving it at a rate never seen before.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You may have just started a run on meats. lol

Nevertheless I think you did what a man should do. You
seen the possibility of a threat to your family and responded
immediately. That's exactly the message that makes sense of
it. Call it the universe, a higher power what ever but when
you interpret what's going on in the world and react with
intelligence? Then I guess the message wasn't meant for those
buying toilet paper. Good on you I say because being a good family
man is the best thing on the earth a man can hope to be.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Good on you I say because being a good family
man is the best thing on the earth a man can hope to be.

A really bad scenario would be 100s of people all packed together waiting for Costco to open as the virus goes wild in the crowd. I also read about an older couple sitting in their car crying because they were to scared to go into the store to buy food. Older people really need to isolate themselves and have supplies on hand for a good month, most others don't need so much and don't need a years supply of TP.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Definitely a time to keep the elders in our community in mind.
Nice volley you and I.

edit on 15-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join