It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Considers Closing IT'S Border With US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
a reply to: IAMTAT

Fair, quite fair.

I would expect no less from any government trying to contain the spread within their country.

This is a health issue, not a political one.

Unfortunately it's both.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i have no dog in the argument .

but am amused by the concept that the president of mexico claims he can close the border

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rumrunner
The whole world should be shut down with the exception of grocery stores , pharmacies and emergency personnel, PERIOD

Begs the question

Who's going to make the toilet rolls

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Didn't the 2009 Swine Flu...which killed 17,000 Americans...come from Mexico to the US?
Shouldn't Obama/Biden have closed the US/Mexico border for the same reason Mexico is considering doing it now?

Obama/Biden were busy focusing on the Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good, shut the damn door. It’s about time.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Rumrunner
The whole world should be shut down with the exception of grocery stores , pharmacies and emergency personnel, PERIOD

Begs the question

Who's going to make the toilet rolls

Kimberly Clark in Tennessee.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i have no dog in the argument .

but am amused by the concept that the president of mexico claims he can close the border

Maybe he wears a cape...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LordAhriman
You know, at any given time, there's a couple million illegal Americans in Mexico.

I don’t think we’re sending our best either.

Well, they aren't illegal but they are some of our best....Uniroyal/Goodrich/Michelin, Kodak, Nabisco.....

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Didn't the 2009 Swine Flu...which killed 17,000 Americans...come from Mexico to the US?
Shouldn't Obama/Biden have closed the US/Mexico border for the same reason Mexico is considering doing it now?

Obama/Biden were busy focusing on the Nobel Peace Prize.

Or as Joe likes to refer to their team candidacy; the "Obiden/Bama" presidency.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
You know, at any given time, there's a couple million illegal Americans in Mexico.

WOW THATS A LOT

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Interesting how the game Homefront predicted this:

edit on 3/14/2020 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You count on your government to get those things done, And hope you have a reliable one ,lol reply to: eletheia

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Will this ban apply to the millions of Mexicans here illegally? Surely Mexico will let its citizens return to escape the killer virus. I’d sure hate to lose ‘em, but the left has convinced me that borders are wicked and racist.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Fair, quite fair.

I would expect no less from any government trying to contain the spread within their country.

Well said, even though I personally think CV is pure hype.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282

Fair, quite fair.

Even with the trenches they had to dig to bury the dead in Iran and Italy?

Do you still think that?

It is a hype for younger people. However, there is MRI evidence that even young people who make it through relatively well are being left with permanent lung damage. That has surprised the health community.

However, for people like me who just has major surgery, my close friend on chemo, my mother who is 86 and very active and helps the community a lot and drives great-grandkids to after school events - it is a huge deal. We are the ones dying from it.

I can understand where the younger crowd thinks no big deal because almost no one young has died from it.

This disease looks engineered to kill just the retired crowd. The group that uses up "too many" social services that they earned from a lifetime of working.

If you were over 65 and had an additional health problem, I don't think you'd think it was no big deal. But I understand that younger people have a hard time realizing one day they will be over 65, have other health issues, get ugly, and "society will find you a useless parasite". Our brains don't actually allow us to realize that until we are there.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The2Billies:I can understand where the younger crowd thinks no big deal because almost no one young has died from it.
This disease looks engineered to kill just the retired crowd. The group that uses up "too many" social services that they earned from a lifetime of working.If you were over 65 and had an additional health problem, I don't think you'd think it was no big deal. But I understand that younger people have a hard time realizing one day they will be over 65, have other health issues, get ugly, and "society will find you a useless parasite". Our brains don't actually allow us to realize that until we are there.

Are these old viruses modified to kill a different object? The human body was denser 200 years ago because it vibrated at a much lower frequency than the current generations. They may actually have a catastrophic effect on the 'lighter' bodies of gen y, gen next or even millenials . We are evolving into light beings. For some reason Someone Somewhere has decided to implement an 'obesity' epidemic to obscure (heavy is not light) what would otherwise be obvious.
edit on 20-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Fair, quite fair.

Do you still think that?

It is a hype for younger people. However, there is MRI evidence that even young people who make it through relatively well are being left with permanent lung damage. That has surprised the health community.

However, for people like me who just has major surgery, my close friend on chemo, my mother who is 86 and very active and helps the community a lot and drives great-grandkids to after school events - it is a huge deal. We are the ones dying from it.

I can understand where the younger crowd thinks no big deal because almost no one young has died from it.

This disease looks engineered to kill just the retired crowd. The group that uses up "too many" social services that they earned from a lifetime of working.

If you were over 65 and had an additional health problem, I don't think you'd think it was no big deal. But I understand that younger people have a hard time realizing one day they will be over 65, have other health issues, get ugly, and "society will find you a useless parasite". Our brains don't actually allow us to realize that until we are there.

I understand your points, however, you can literally apply them to any seasonal flu, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and / or cold strains as well. There is nothing unique in this "pandemic" other than the fear and hysteria funneled by the mainstream news media.

Anyone can spend some time on historical data sets looking at what people have died from over the past few recent years and easily see none of the Covid-19 numbers come remotely close to historical death / infection rates. So many other factors people do not take into consideration are the mass migration of Wuhan citizens through northern Italy, social customs such as face kissing, etc, and the rapid spread of not just Covid-19 but any virus is a foregone conclusion.

There are 20 other current epidemic / pandemics right now yet oddly we hear nothing about them.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Fair, quite fair.

Do you still think that?

I understand your points, however, you can literally apply them to any seasonal flu, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and / or cold strains as well. There is nothing unique in this "pandemic" other than the fear and hysteria funneled by the mainstream news media.

Anyone can spend some time on historical data sets looking at what people have died from over the past few recent years and easily see none of the Covid-19 numbers come remotely close to historical death / infection rates. So many other factors people do not take into consideration are the mass migration of Wuhan citizens through northern Italy, social customs such as face kissing, etc, and the rapid spread of not just Covid-19 but any virus is a foregone conclusion.

There are 20 other current epidemic / pandemics right now yet oddly we hear nothing about them.

Because the other diseases don't predominately kill the group that makes up 90% of all world leaders - who are scared sh^%less

It is exponentially more dangerous for the over 60 crowd and gets more so in the 70's and a likely death sentence past 80

Also it has been shown that more elderly males die than females

Who runs the worlds governments? Mostly old men and old women, but mainly old, very old, men of every race and culture

Over 70 and have heart disease, goodbye if you get it

Over 65 with other health issues, good luck living thru it and if you do, lifelong COPD is assured as an after effect of surviving it in old age..

Make sense now?

edit on 3/21/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

No, your argument is not valid to the case of this virus as your same logic can easily be applied to the fact that anyone of an older age is always more susceptible to a negative outcome after exposure to any severe virus by virtue of a compromised immune system due to their age.

It's simple nature that our immune systems weaken with age. It's why we die.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: The2Billies

No, your argument is not valid to the case of this virus as your same logic can easily be applied to the fact that anyone of an older age is always more susceptible to a negative outcome after exposure to any severe virus by virtue of a compromised immune system due to their age.

It's simple nature that our immune systems weaken with age. It's why we die.

Read the facts. This one is different.

The chances of dying go up exponentially the older you get.

Also, it permanently damages the lungs.

The reason the governments of the world are freaking out is: 90% of all world leaders are OLD MEN who are most likely to die from casual contact with someone young who has the virus so weak they don't even know they have it.

This virus is engineered to kill as many old people, especially old men as possible and leave the young virtually untouched.

Who runs the world? OLD MEN

No other virus we have had has so uniquely targeted the leaders of the world, all the world leaders than this particular virus. Since almost all world leaders are old men with other health issues.

You can not believe me if you don't want to. But what if you were told that there was a virus who killed exponentially more people in your exact age range, and left people outside that age range virtually untouched except for a mild cold. What if you were told that not only does it basically kill people in your age range but those with your exact health issues or lifestyle issues. Then we said, who cares, let them die, the rest of us will be fine. No need to stop taking precautions, most of us won't be affected. If they die, who cares?

This virus terrify's world leaders who are reacting exactly as one would predict with a virus that practically guarantees they will be left disabled with COPD or dead if they catch it from the population who only gets a cold or no symptoms.

But you are probably too young to get that, and I understand, I was once young and felt invincible and like my age group was the only one in the world that the world should be measured by.

Read this if you dare: legalinsurrection.com...-312473

I write this, Italy has 47,021 active cases of the Wuhan Coronavirus. 5,129 have recovered. 4,032 have died. That’s 800 more than China (assuming their numbers are correct), and the number is certain to grow.

Also, did you know a Democrat Congressman is now in critical condition with the virus. No big deal huh! Not if I follow your personal logic.

edit on 3/21/20 by The2Billies because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join