It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unique discovery in Erasmus MC: antibody against corona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Mind you, it is not official yet, as it has to be peer reviewed and all. Then it will take time to produce it on large scale. But it's a start.

“We have published an article about an antibody that we had already isolated before the current pandemic and which cross-reacted (biological term for repelling a foreign substance, ed.) with various coronaviruses. The antibody prevents the virus from being able to infect and can also help in the detection of the virus. ”

The article

Would be nice if this can quickly be developed towards a medicine and ultimately a vaccine to prevent future madness.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mind me! How dare you!!.. mind yourself/

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I hate when the research does not say what the antibody stimulates. Does it stimulate something in the mucous or in the body itself? It does seem to state that it stimulates a probable enzyme that stops the ability of the virus to attach, probably softening the attachment things or crippling them by inactivating those leggy things. All you have to do is disrupt the charge on them so it doesn't stick to the cell sometimes. Antigens can work in different ways, by stimulating a particular enzyme or protein which can alter gene expression leading to destruction of that pathogen or by attacking the virus directly by weakening it's ability to replicate like monolaruin or certain proteinases do. I have not found whether this virus gets through the barriers of the lungs into the body yet, some info does imply it does just work on the digestive linings and anything used for breathing. But I suppose this one is novel, so there is still more to discover about it yet, I am impressed with how fast things are going so far.

Sometimes I do get information from new discoveries like this from the information, but I suppose they do not want to let out too much info or everyone will start trying to hack their research and then they will not get properly compensated for all their research because someone stole their information and patented it. Discouraging how this stuff works.

new topics

join