It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread for ATSers who have contracted the virus to share their thoughts and feelings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
No, I'm not one of them - touch wood - but as the hysteria spreads, it would be incredibly helpful if those here who have contracted the virus, and/or been through the whole process, could tell ATS how they feel or felt.

Now this will obviously vary in terms of age brackets, but it could provide some comfort (hopefully) for those that are worried about the actual effects - separate to the extreme panic currently being generated by the very thought of catching it or passing it on to loved ones.

I'm sure all of us would be grateful to hear your stories, particularly if you fall into the higher age brackets.

Thanks in advance.

edit on 14-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
No, I'm not one of them - touch wood - but as the hysteria spreads, it would be incredibly helpful if those here who have contracted the virus, and/or been through the whole process, could tell ATS how they feel or felt.

Now this will obviously vary in terms of age brackets, but it could provide some comfort (hopefully) for those that are worried about the actual effects - separate to the extreme panic currently being generated by the very thought of catching it or passing it on to loved ones.

I'm sure all of us would be grateful to hear your stories, particularly if you fall into the higher age brackets.

Thanks in advance.

Excellent idea! I am hopefully clear as of now. Although I am a little bit throaty but this maybe nothing to do with the C, I hope (how come so many bad things begin with C, conflict, contagion, cancer, China, corrosion, crack concaine, contaminate, Corbyn, catastrophe, climate change, etc etc).

Can i make a small suggestion that those who appear to have some symptoms also post such and any progression before receiving confirmation that they have contracted it.

Good luck to anyone who does get infected.

Costa Blanca Spain

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I’m not ill, but I do have the effects of this virus...
Stores are closed, events are cancelled, people have that frightened look in their eyes. Plundering the stores for food and toiletpaper. That look you get when you dare to cough once... I’m not allowed to work at this moment due to this virus, even though I do not have it.

So, yeah, I’m effected...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
There's already a thread for this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
True, but that one has already turned into a general discussion of the crisis.

edit on 14-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
My Dad tested positive for it. Wasn't able to get hold of him this week and turns out he's been in bed unnable to get out until yesterday eve - this is a guy who walked out of hospital the day after having vertebrae and disks removed while only taking parecetamol - he's in isolation for another week but on the mend. Sounds nasty as not known him to spend even a day in bed ill for at least 40 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
One of my daughters might have it. She's been on the couch for 3 days with a fever and cough. Since they're not testing for it, we may never know. She was feeling a little better last night. She did test negative for influenza.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I`m in home quarantine since yesterday morning.

It is not sure yet if the virus I have is corona, the test results will take till tomorrow or monday. Until the results are out I am not allowed to leave the house, and can not have direct contact to anyone. My family leaves food and other stuff at the door for me.

I`m still pretty positive that it is just a cold, but there is a high risk because I have had close contact with a group of north Italians last weekend. Thats why I was forced to take the test and self quarantine.

So far I only have mild fever, cough, running nose and my joints hurt.

The Red-Cross guys that tested me yesterday, came in full protective gear - which mildly freaked my out my grandparents an neighbours, lol.

Greetings from Austria!
And all stay well and healthy

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I probably have it. Haven’t been to the doctor but it’s been over a week and I’m still sick. Though it’s only a fever and coughing now with a little congestion. Still haven’t been able to taste anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don’t have it. I’m afraid if I get it it will be a death sentence.

I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has metastasized to my lungs. The treatment I am currently on doesn’t suppress my immune system so that helps but if I catch it I will be a goner.

Good luck to all

link   
Dp
edit on 14-3-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

link   
Tp

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Qp

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
I don’t have it. I’m afraid if I get it it will be a death sentence.

I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has metastasized to my lungs. The treatment I am currently on doesn’t suppress my immune system so that helps but if I catch it I will be a goner.

Good luck to all

Damn, good luck to you!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Blessings to you for a full recovery Aallonon. Fortunately, Pancreatic cancer is no longer a guaranteed death sentence.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
4 days ago I woke up in the middle of the night because both my ankles were throbbing. Kept me awake a good portion of the night. The throbbing lasted 2 days. Don’t feel a thing now.

Best way I can describe the throbbing is how your joints feel when you have the flu. Pretty sure I had it as I’ve been in contact with people from all over the world for work. Most of them just having gotten off planes less than two days before I interacted with them.

I hope I got it. Just to prove what a joke it is. Always had an amazingly strong immune system.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

Servus und Gute Besserung.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Best wishes to you, Aallanon.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all on this thread who mentioned they are not feeling well.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: AutomateThis1
True, but that one has already turned into a general discussion of the crisis.

Fair enough I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join