It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Deploying Nukes Be a Measured Response to Bio-Weapons Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

edit: oh and my words seem to have triggered you and hurt ya feelz. excellent.

You get pleasure from hurting others but you wanna lecture the United States of G(osh) D(arned) America on morality?

I'm not lecturing the god damned United states or Americans. I'm lecturing all of mankind.

We're all the cause and solutions of the problems.

I'm not hating the people, I'm hating the systems.

I don't hate Americans, I hate the concept of America. and virtually nearly every other country.
It's like saying I hate Jews because I disagree with Israel the countries policies or that I'm a homophobe because I don't support a gay friends football team.

If people actually bothered to take the time to read what is there instead of reading what they are looking for people would know what it is I am saying.

I don't subscribe to labels. Left, Right, Black, White, Us, Them. I don't pick teams. Everything just comes down to wrong or right for me.
What matters is how people behave as humans. That's how it should be.

We're an intelligent species. I can see we can all be better.
Sadly we choose to be at conflict for some reason like dumb animals instead of working together. It kind of pisses me off.

Gotta stop seeing imaginary lines in the sand. Gotta stop seeing each other as aliens that need wiping out.
What sane creature makes nukes and genetically modifies diseases and other such things whose only purpose is to wipe its own species out?

There is something critically wrong with us. I know we can all see it, so why are none of us fixing it. Everything else is just excuses.
edit on 15-3-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos. they haunt me.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: wantsome
George Bush told Saddam during the first gulf war if he used chemical weapons we would use nukes.

I don't think we ever explicitly said we would. As I recall, Bush gave the Iraqi ambassador a letter that said if he was thinking about using chemical or biological weapons, we'd remind you America is a nuclear power.

I also remember an interview with Colin Powell where he said that was almost certainly a bluff. The political cost would've been too high to retaliate with even a tactical nuclear weapon, unless, as Zaph said, the chemical attack resulted in massive causalties, like 10s of thousands of coalition troops dead.
I was 14 at the time so it was 30 years ago. All I remember is how they reported it in the news.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Chinese and Russian planes routinely fly close to our ships and we do nothing in response. It would be a simple matter to make it look like they're doing that again, and suddenly this time it's for real.

It's very apparent you don't know the details....and even more apparent why you dont.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

A cruise missile attack doesn't have to go anywhere near our facilities. Hit somewhere like Guam, and they wouldn't be guaranteed to be able to stop them all. A single H-6K can carry the CJ-10A missile with conventional or nuclear warheads. One bomber can carry 6 missiles, which have a range of over 800 nmi. Three bombers, launching their maximum payload would overwhelm THAAD, and wouldn't be seen until they were practically right on top of the island.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A cruise missile attack doesn't have to go anywhere near our facilities. Hit somewhere like Guam, and they wouldn't be guaranteed to be able to stop them all. A single H-6K can carry the CJ-10A missile with conventional or nuclear warheads. One bomber can carry 6 missiles, which have a range of over 800 nmi. Three bombers, launching their maximum payload would overwhelm THAAD, and wouldn't be seen until they were practically right on top of the island.

And what will that do besides just piss us off?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Yet we've done many such tests, with no nuclear winter.

Nuclear winter is an hypothesis. There's no Science to back it up. Much of what was speculated (cause/effect) has been dispelled as myth.

I remember looking at this hard once upon a time and the conclusion was that there would have to be a deliberate attempt to effect nuclear winter. Who would do that?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how difficult a war in the Pacific really is? Our only option at that point is a nuclear response, or accepting that we're going to get hammered in a conventional fight and lose a lot of people. A large portion of the population doesn't have the stomach for that kind of war, even if Guam were to get hammered. China could probably get away with rolling up chunks of Asia if they ever really got serious.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But there is always Russia RIGHT there and not to mention India and Pakistan and they all have nukes and i think they have allot more 'crazies' over there than America as far as any ground war goes and i would honestly be shocked if India or Pakistani didn't let a few off.

i think america would only get involved at the point nukes went off because i dont think TPB over on that sidew of the world would have a light touch or response

i think China would have a very hard time aggressively expanding (and thats not even with taking the US into the account)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
This is my rationale for the tactical nuke. Not only that, all data and hard documentation would be irrecoverable as well. Which I suppose does bot matter in the age of the Cloud, but I suspect there are some things that are never uploaded.

Yes my OP is directed at those who are aware of what I am speaking. Of course anyone is welcome to their criticisms as well. My primary theory would be the utilization of Hypersonic Missiles; either a stealth UAV/USV to launch or a Kamikaze Drone.

a reply to: AtomicKangaroo
Yea I read it all, some I agree with, some I don't. But this is more a strategic/tactical discussion than a philosophy ideals discussion. I think there may even be law to successfully defend such an operation. We are not speaking the demise of thousands, likely not even hundreds.
These facilities are not giant campuses. They may be located on one, but it would either be in a specific wing or building. Sometimes a facility such as that would directly employ a dozen people give or take with a handful of security personnel at most. If we do the nice thing and phone it in like our Israeli friends, I think the public would go for it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

If China starts to roll Asia up, and stays out of Siberia and away from India, neither of those will do much. Neither one is in position to project power. India might hit Pakistan, but beyond that I don't see either doing much.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
China wouldn't be able to just roll up Asia though. Russia has more clout in the stans and wouldn't just sit there watching China gobble up central Asia. I think they would just stick to the South East chunk where Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand are.

Now that they have flipped the Philippines, is there any whispers of deployments or naval visits to those islands??? That something to keep an eye on.

If Australia stays committed to alliances, I think we can successfully facilitate a declaration of Independence for Taiwan.
They will of course have to be committed to contributing to a naval coalition. I think Japan would be game. What's our standing with Thailand?? I know our guys train with their Marines too sometimes, but I don't know the extent of cooperation with Thailand.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They don't have to roll up all of Asia to radically change the region. Snap up their neighbors and get the resources under them they want, and the world changes significantly.

They didn't turn the Philippines. We've always had a turbulent relationship with them, but they're still coming to the west for new equipment and assistance.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Chinese and Russian planes routinely fly close to our ships and we do nothing in response. It would be a simple matter to make it look like they're doing that again, and suddenly this time it's for real.

It's very apparent you don't know the details....and even more apparent why you dont.

Exhibit A for "Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty of."

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This day and age we can and will see them loading nukes on those bombers and hopefully take them out before they can launch them. However our systems designed in the 80s were built to destroy big fast Russian cruise missiles, the same that China uses today.

We know that China has let the Virus out on some of its own people to make it look like they were not intentionally targeting the US and NATO with this confirmed Biological weapon.

They under estimate our ability to respond. Our nation has already gone to full alert as in a nuclear war response footing but we are doing it quietly. The minute Trump declared a national state of emergency everything went into effect.

The FEMA bunkers opened and they have taken over full civil authority under orders from the President. The governor's are pretty much acting at this point.
Congress, the Supreme Court and all the Presidential bunkers have loaded up with everything they could possibly need for long term duty and have stocked up on anything that needed to be fresh.

The military has moved out to their staging points to eventually lock down DC when Congress and the Supreme Court are ordered into their bunkers. The vital ports and infrastructure will need to be protected as well. The National Guard is on standby to roll out as we speak.

I have been told all this by three people with first hand knowledge. China wont be getting away with this stunt, not unless something big interrupts it.

Many visionaries have seen China completely engulfed in flames towards the end times so maybe this will be the response from NATO because Gods knows they have to be completely unhinged about what China pulled, even if it wasn't a direct attack.

It is also a tad suspicious how they are all acting way to nice to China right now.

I think they will hit them where they have to with nukes and let old school napalm do the rest. Bio weapons are just too easy to come back at anyone who deploys it. We could see Chemical but they wont tell anyone and hitting the general population is not in their their interest.

Taiwan would love to take back the whole of China someday.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join