It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Surprise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
We've seen people exhibit so much of the negative side of humanity, with the fighting over toilet paper to the boasting of being ready to use force when/if SHTF.
Toilet paper, hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol are the only things in short supply around here. All of the food shelves are still well stocked.
Schools in many states re closing for up to two weeks or more in several states, adding to the stress people are feeling. I think back to when I had young children, and I can only imagine the stress of how young working parents are going to manage.

Washington state is closing all schools starting March 17 and lasting until April 24. Agencies are scrambling to find a way to get meals to the many kids who rely on the school for their breakfast and lunch, and it isn't going to be easy.

I just saw a post on local media that went a long way in lifting my spirits during these uncertain times.

[unsourced material removed, check your PMs]

The panic may be sweeping the country, but so is something else; compassion. Who would have thought this crisis - exaggerated or not- would have united whole communities?

*Felling proud of my fellow citizens."
edit on 60000001212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: punctuation

edit on Sat Mar 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There are always going to be angels among us in hard times.

Meals on Wheels needs more volunteers right now because it’s usually other older people who do it snd they too are at risk and just don’t want to do it.

Food Banks are running low and they don’t know why. It could be people need their own stockpile.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: violet
I'm just so pleased to see there are people willing to help those who may not have a stockpile or the ability to create one right now. The comments to these two posts was so heartwarming! It kind of took some of the 'doom' out of the 'gloom' for me- and I needed that tonight.

Maybe we aren't giving our younger generation (as these two posters were) enough credit!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I hope you spoke to her over the phone, if not your part of the problem.
We need to isolate our self to help each other.. paradoxical.

But we need to do this for our healthcare system being able to handle this instead of getting ill all at once.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I have seen many posts on fb offering babysitting and school lunch replacement for free here in Ohio.

School is shut down for 3 weeks here.

This might actually outlast the regular news cycle.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Spacespider

These were a couple of examples I read online in our area. No cases have been reported near our area, but you never know when it will get here.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I have seen many posts on fb offering babysitting and school lunch replacement for free here in Ohio.

That's great to hear! I'd love to see this kind of thing sweep the entire country!
( Maybe it has, and we're just not hearing about it cause that's not the kind of news that gets ratings?)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

These were a couple of examples I read online in our area. No cases have been reported near our area, but you never know when it will get here.

"It gets there" by people not isolating them-self.. I hard times people tend to mingle together, and that is what the virus want

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Adversity doesn't build character, adversity reveals character.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

"It gets there" by people not isolating them-self.. I hard times people tend to mingle together, and that is what the virus want

If we're going to hold out hope that people will self-isolate then we're all doomed. There are a lot of responsible people who will do what they can to stop the spread, but the few who won't is something no one has any control over.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Adversity doesn't build character, adversity reveals character.

I enjoy your pearls of wisdom as much as your sense of humor, DC. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hey its a conspiracy site and since business is in the chitter, I got plenty of time to come up with all kinds of scenarios the more outrageous the better.

Like aliens what if there is a galactic community and all of them know the earth is about to be decimated by disease and other disasters. They are willing to save humanity to bring us all along to their worlds but it's a month's long journey and they need to see if we are civilized enough for the journey and ultimately incorporation into their worlds.

Then they see us fighting over toilet paper and freaking out and decide to leave us to our own devices, realizing it's just human nature that can't be changed and they certainly aren't going to pollute their pristine worlds with our dirty rotten living habits.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That's assuming that aliens are more 'civilized' than we are, and don't see us as a food source or lab animal to experiment on.

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

That's assuming that aliens are more 'civilized' than we are, and don't see us as a food source or lab animal to experiment on.

a reply to: putnam6

LOL well that leads to another wild over the top speculation. Much like War of the Worlds without the invasion. Alien landed in China but were repelled by the virus, LOL in fact earth is known as the plague planet, it's why alien visitations are so quick they can't survive with all the viruses, diseases and germs floating around. Therefore we are forever isolated like a lyprosy colony floating in the vastness of space. They would have destroyed the planet already but are afraid blowing it up would just be like a huge dirty bomb ruining the solar system and beyond

new topics

top topics

join