It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora, Does it exist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am continuing this:

The distinctive "doughnuts on a rope" contrail and pulsing sounds reported by many have given rise to the speculation that the aircraft might use pulse detonation propulsion technology originally patented in the 1950s, but not used on any acknowledged non-research project.

In addition to providing the first photographs of the distinctive contrail previously reported by many, the significance of this sighting was enhanced by Douglas' reports of intercepts of radio transmissions:
“Air-to-air communications... were between an AWACS aircraft with the call sign "Dragnet 51" from Tinker AFB, Okla., and two unknown aircraft using the call signs 'Darkstar November' and 'Darkstar Mike.' Messages consisted of phonetically transmitted alphanumerics. It is not known whether this radio traffic had any association with the "pulser" that had just flown over Amarillo. ”

A month later, radio enthusiasts in California monitoring Edwards AFB Radar (callsign "Joshua Control") heard early morning radio transmissions between Joshua and a high flying aircraft using the callsign "Gaspipe" (which could be a reference to the Aurora's supposed exotic propulsion system[original research?]). Joshua controllers were vectoring Gaspipe into Edwards AFB, using terminology usually used during Space Shuttle recoveries.[citation needed]
“You're at 67,000 ft, 81 miles out" was heard, followed by "seventy miles out now, 36,000 ft, above glideslope.”

At the time, NASA was operating both the SR-71 and the U2-R from Edwards, but it has been confirmed that neither of these types were operating at the time Gaspipe was heard.[12] Curtis Peebles claims in his book Dark Eagles that the intercepted radio transmissions were probably a prank on the part of Edwards security personnel, but it is unlikely that they would have access to the terminology used in the transmissions.

The Scottish connection

Beginning in 1991, reports started appearing in Scottish newspapers — including The Scotsman — that the Aurora was landing and taking off from Machrihanish airbase on the Kintyre peninsula. Machrihanish was an RAF base with a long runway which was a V bomber dispersal base during the Cold War before being handed over to the U.S. Navy, which used it as an overseas base for their Navy SEALs until 1995. It was alleged that air traffic controllers had seen aircraft on their radars taking off from there and accelerating to high Mach numbers. None of the supposed controllers has ever gone on the record. Others have claimed that Royal Marines inadvertently discovered the Aurora in a hangar at Machrihanish, but again none of the supposed witnesses have ever gone on the record.

Other sightings

* In 1998, another aircraft spotter videotaped two unusual contrails in quick succession. One of the sights appeared to be a fireball, while the other was described as "doughnuts on a rope."

* In March 2006, the History Channel broadcast a television program called "An Alien History of Planet Earth" which examined UFO reports in the context of secret military aviation programs. During the program, aviation journalist Nick Cook presented a satellite image of the continental U.S. showing a contrail allegedly originating in Nevada and extending over the Atlantic Ocean. The contrail was unusual, as it appeared different from other contrails visible on satellite images. The craft that produced those contrails was not visible on the image. Based on the details of the image, it was speculated that it indicated an aircraft flying at a speed of around 7,000 mph (Mach 10.5).

In the 1980s and 1990s, NASA and several aerospace companies proposed multiple aircraft designs for hypersonic aircraft that are reminiscent of the aircraft described by Gibson.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
www.scsn.org...

Anyone remember this?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think the unusual and un-explained sonic booms might be a hint that something is being tested/has been tested over the past few years.
Of course these sonic booms could be due to meteorites etc entering the atmosphere but doesnt explain multiple occurences of them over the same time frame.
I believe there is or has been something tested that explains all this phenomena but until its activities are declassified years later or caught on media its just more speculation.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Mystery Blast, Aurora Deployed Could this be proof?

Ed Struzik , Canwest News Service
Published: Thursday, August 07, 2008
EDMONTON - The Canadian military is sending a long-range Aurora aircraft to investigate reports of a mysterious explosion along Canada's Northwest Passage that may have killed several whales.

The drama apparently began in the early-morning hours of July 31, when an Inuit hunting party at an outpost camp at Borden Peninsula on northeastern Baffin Island was alerted to the sound of an explosion, followed by a cloud of black smoke.

An Inuit member of the Canadian Rangers, a military reservist unit stationed in the far North, reported the incident, and said a hunter at the camp saw several dead whales on shore when he went over to investigate.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Aurora is the designation for Canada's CP-140 aircraft. The plane is a Lockheed product and is based on the same airframe as the P-3 Orion. Per the source linked above:

As Canada’s only strategic maritime surveillance aircraft, the CP-140 Aurora is often used to patrol Canada’s coastlines, safeguarding our waters from foreign threats. Capable of flying more than 9000 km—or 5000 nautical miles—without refuelling, this multi-purpose aircraft goes the distance.

So no, not even remotely like what America's Aurora is supposed to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ah, I see! Thanks for clearing that up. Glad I didn't start a new thread

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRanchMan

Hi, after a quarter century in the Air Force my friend, I find it difficult that you heard non-traditional powered super/hypersonic aircraft approaching you from behind. This in no means claims you are wrong RanchMan, it is just my view.

Do you recall, or have you heard of the old air-show trick used to lull the crowd in to expecting the arrival of the F111s from one direction, then they would arrive in full glory from behind the crowd, pull up almost vertical doing a fuel burn-off at the same time. As they say in the movies, "...they never heard 'em coming".

My view is the Aurora certainly exists, probably using Scram/Ram jet power as a successor to the magnificent and never to be rivalled, The Blackbird.
All the Best - Believer ۞

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have a pic released in the FOIA from CIA in 1959 they have a design Kingfish made by Convair C.O. that was dropped in 1959 for the A-12 Lockheed's(SR-71 Black Bird) Convair joined Lockheed and some years later the F-117 was released and now the hype of Arora i think that this pic is a pre design to the F-117 and Arora that came from 1959!!!!!! (50 years)E-mail me if you want pic see for your self [email protected] or look for your self in the FOIA files at (www.foia.cia.gov...) and search OXCART project Successor of the U-2 page 13 also in the same file on page 3 the A-1 23 April 1958 that file has writing on it i swear it says Hor. & net. or the (FA-18 Hornet) from 1958????? (the top plain not the bottom plane from 26th of June) tell me if im wrong but those design's are very strange for that time but there there

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I live in the Orlando area and a couple of weeks ago I was standing at my grill waiting for the stuff to finish. I was looking up in the sky and noticed a contrail headed north along the east coast. It was moving very fast. Suddenly the contrail cut off and the jet really took off. I mean fast. No sonic boom but about ten seconds went by and I heard the engine like it was right over my head. Very odd and I told my wife about it.

Of course no pic's.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join