It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The airline bloodbath has begun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
thanks to everyone who took the time to reply...much appreciated. Tough business to be in for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Go do a Google search for "airlines cut capacity". Pick your source. Or, here, www.flightglobal.com go there and read all the stories about capacity cuts. I assume an actual aviation page is a good enough source? How about actual statements from the airlines? Because you'll find them too.

But feel free to keep screaming fake news while the industry burns to the ground. And then wonder why prices increase because the transportation industry fell apart while you had your fingers in your ears.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You can track all the flights to Pinal Air Park if you'd like...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I work for an airline. I am a facilities manager. In the first 16 days of March, we have lost 1.4 billion operating almost empty aircraft. Everyone is walking around scared. We were financially the healthiest airline. Now, they are going to announce a flight cut of 50% this week. We are the largest domestic carrier. If we stop flying, the transportation infrastructure is going to suffer. I can only Imagine what it is like at the legacy carriers (American, United). Our load factor is under 30% and still falling. We won't survive the rest of the month.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: therlloy

If any of the airlines come through even remotely intact it'll be a miracle. They're already starting to call for bailouts, and this is just beginning.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dainfamusgc

Blame the tax code there.
Executive bonus is a way for them to save on taxes.

There should be a law forcing airlines to have savings and make that non taxable.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Regulating how airlines spend their money or not? I don't think that's gonna happen.

Preventing something like this from happening was one of the reasons for the deregulation carried out decades ago though.

edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

(post by IlluminatiTechnician removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That worked out pretty well then.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The idea was that there would be a lot of smaller carriers instead of a few very large ones. Somehow that would prevent a crash (no pun intended) in air transport.

It worked half way. There are a lot of smaller carriers and a few very large ones. They're all getting hammered.

edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Since apparently this is fake news, because of sources used in the OP, here are a random selection of other news sites.

The current estimate is these cuts will last until mid September.

www.axios.com...

www.marketwatch.com...

www.latinfinance.com...

techcrunch.com...

Air Canada

www.businesstraveller.com...

www.abc.net.au...

Reuters
edit on 3/17/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The ABC source is correct and i believe 60 percent of domestic flights for Qantas .

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hawaiian 🌺 is cutting routes dramatically.

Trade industries are pointing to a 50 billion bailout for us carriers alone.

Also all those MAX’s parked at Renton may not have customers.

It’s not just the airlines. It’s 1000’s of suppliers at risk as well. The deliver deferrals are just starting and anything less than a firm order is in Jeopardy.

Victorville is gonna be quite the parking lot

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

The ABC source is correct and i believe 60 percent of domestic flights for Qantas .

I'll be hiring a small bus when I come down your way for my daughters wedding in November. Hope to catch up.

Bally

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
JAL and ANA of Japan now is almost dead. Pilots and staff are too afraid to fly. Japan now is a prison for foreigners tying to leave. I told everyone here many times DON'T come to Japan.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

If your allowed to travel by then . Keep in touch.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Flight radar 24 is still showing a heap of flights into Europe. Flights into Paris, London, Dublin etc.
So can we expect to see a heap of flights cancelled the next few days?
I’ve a friend who has an Etihad flight from Melbourne to Paris via Abu Dhabi with Etihad who thinks he can’t land into Paris due to travel restrictions/bans.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DaMouse

They aren't all at once. They're rolling them into place over the next month or so. The international cuts start once they have everyone home that needs to get home. The domestic cuts start between now and April 14th.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join