It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The airline bloodbath has begun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

a lot worse.

what do you see i your sphere? and i mean info you can share at cocktail parties.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

So, I know that there are pilots looking for planes to fly. I have a few buddies who fly private charters, and they're still doing rather decent.

Flying the ultra rich to their hideaway bunkers.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So, I know that there are pilots looking for planes to fly. I have a few buddies who fly private charters, and they're still doing rather decent.

Flying the ultra rich to their hideaway bunkers.

Maybe, but I'd expect they wouldn't live much longer if that's the case lol. The rich wouldn't want to risk someone telling them where their bug out location is lol.

Most of them fly big game hunters around and stuff like that. I've heard some pretty interesting stories about some of the people their flights though. It's pretty common for shady people to try and fly under the radar quite literally.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I don't doubt it, it would be pretty interesting doing that for a job, you would certainly meet interesting people.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This will help to curb climate change, mos =t of the flights and Cruise ship tours are not necessities, they are the things we need to cut to cut CO2 emissions. Heating our homes or traveling to work are necessary things in this society.

I would bet that NASA could see how this corona scare curbs the problems with our atmosphere and I would bet they will look at this.

Things we want destroy the environment, not things we really need.

We don’t live to work, we work to live.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I don't doubt it, it would be pretty interesting doing that for a job, you would certainly meet interesting people.

Last post on this, because I don't won't to derail the thread any more than has been, but you may find that it's not as interesting when you find out you've been recruited by a mini-Epstein or federally wanted person.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Is now a good time to possibly get a cheap business/first class ticket to somewhere remote

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

You're more likely to find good economy flights, but now is the time to travel.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Patient zero at ATS . 😷

I'll be spreading germs in Columbus, Cincy and Nashville this week.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank God you’re not spreading viruses . 😝

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I'm bringing it all including a plague of locusts. I managed to book them all seats since there's no one else on the plane.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It’s all fun and games until a locust works his way up your trousers and into your underwear .

Things happen real quick after that .

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I expect multiple mergers after this...

Now will this benefit us... probably not but I hope.

That depends on what you mean by "multiple". There aren't that many carriers left in the USA after the consolidations in the past 20 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Is now a good time to possibly get a cheap business/first class ticket to somewhere remote

You can get a cheap airline ticket to whichever port you leave from on your cheap cruise ticket!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Is that were the term locust flights comes from?? I thought it was more to do with the cost???

edit on 14-3-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: rickymouse
This will help to curb climate change, mos =t of the flights and Cruise ship tours are not necessities, they are the things we need to cut to cut CO2 emissions. Heating our homes or traveling to work are necessary things in this society.

I would bet that NASA could see how this corona scare curbs the problems with our atmosphere and I would bet they will look at this.

Things we want destroy the environment, not things we really need.

We don’t live to work, we work to live.

I liked working, I liked to learn many trades. Even though I had my own business, I had to account to the people I worked for, they were my boss and I had to explain things well, why I had to do some things and couldn't do some of the things they wanted done. I also was very fussy and I would not cut corners so turned down twice as much work as I did...and I was cheaper than most other builders yet I used better materials the majority of the time and my quality of work was superior to theirs...the building inspectors knew I did things right, they knew I did not cut corners.

I lived to work, I enjoyed my work, and all of my employees liked to come to work because it made them feel good to see a well done job. They complained a little about my fussiness but when they ride by a house we built with afriend or point out something they worked on and it is still in good shape and not embarrassing, they feel good.

I lived to work, many people do. They enjoy going to work on their jobs, if you enjoy working, then that time is not depressing, you need the right attitude. focus on the good and not the bad. If you are working, you are not out spending money and going into debt for eight hours a day.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Patient zero at ATS . 😷

I'll be spreading germs in Columbus, Cincy and Nashville this week.

Oh, I see you got a job with the CDC. This particular project is the CCN weekly project.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

”The total value of the USA-Schengen market in 2019 was $20.6 billion,” IATA says. It notes the markets facing the heaviest impact are USA-Germany ($4 billion), USA-France ($3.5 billion) and USA-Italy ($2.9 billion)."

www.flightglobal.com...
edit on 3/14/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Multiple airlines announced a cap on fares from Europe, to prevent price gouging. US residents in Europe are scrambling to get home. The cap will prevent fares from going over about $1,000.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
American announced a 75% cut in international flights Saturday night. They're expected to announce layoffs soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join