It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don the Con's latest speech and ongoing meltdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

And no, he didn't say anything about student loan payments. He also didn't say anything about medical bill payments, insurance payments, house or rent payments or car, credit card, utilities etc. So what?

He did bring up suspending student loan interest. That's what.

Stopping the interest accruing will ease the amount needed to be repaid.

Not at this moment in time, maybe years from now. And, not by very much.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
My god, people are holding Trump to a ridiculous standard.

I don't see how holding him to the same standard as the rest of the world leaders is "ridiculous"... unless you have some sort of belief that the US Presidency is only an honorary post.

How many people at first minimized this,

Not the pandemic team of the CDC... that he fired back in 2017, declaring it an "unnecessary waste" of the Obama administration. The WHO and other organizations have been urging action since December.

World leaders kept their eye on things and started making plans to roll out various stages (testing kits, quarrantine, etc, etc.) Trump only moved when the stock market went into freefall.

...and now are taking it very serious?

I'm still not convinced that he's taking it seriously. He's still doing the big rallies and

He is just a human, he doesn't have the ability to see the future.

He doesn't seem to have the ability to listen to advisors.

As for him proposing stuff before talking it over with every one - Guess what that is the fastest way to get stuff accomplished - get it out there, and if the public supports it - it goes along way towards making it happen - or stopping it if it's a bad idea.

Management by blue-sky guesswork is a terrible idea... as you might know if you've ever had someone like that as your manager. Wastes money, wastes resources.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

I'll bite....OK...sure, mistakes WERE made... that is what happens in a crisis. Having said that, in your opinion:

1. With the possible exception of South Korea, please list, say 5 other nations/world leaders, which handled this better

2. If Hillary had been elected President, would she have done a better job ?

3. Would Obama have done a better job ?

4. Would a democrat, say AOC for example, have done a bettter job ?

edit on 13-3-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Neat propaganda piece OP. Did ya get your new, shiny brown shirt in the mail yet?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump and this administration are showing what real leadership looks like.

The facts for rates and transmissions for Covid19 will be far far less than occurred from Obama and his administration's inaction on H1N1 Swine Flu.

You appear to have no clue as to what you are talking about. The facts are already in and they totally contradict your mistaken belief.

Here is a pointer to an analysis of the H1N1 epidemic done at Imperial College, London:

www.who.int...

The important point is on page 6, which is the discussion of transmission rate (R) and speed of growth (doubling time) in the US. I'll quote:
"Growth rate slow – doubling time never got below 17 days, and has now reduced. Consistent with R~1.2."

Here is a pointer to a recent analysis of the outbreak of COVID-19 on the Diamond Princess:

www.ijidonline.com...(20)30091-6/fulltext

It showed a transmission rate of 2.28--nearly twice as high as the H1N1 rate.

Here's an article in the Lancet that modeled the early outbreak of COVID-19 in China:

www.thelancet.com...(20)30260-9/fulltext

They showed a slightly higher R of 2.68 and a doubling time of 6.4 days.

COVID-19 is moving much faster than H1N1 and is infecting many more people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yay!
More blamestorming.....

I'm going to love watching the tears for the next 4 year's.

Sure seems like a lot of Dems have incredibly poor reality testing.

I don't understand how they manage to tie their shoes or walk & chew gum.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

This is after 24hrs of yet again totally failing to take responsibility for anything. This guy- the guy so many of you support without question under any circumstances- is incapable of owning it, ever.

What is it that he is failing to take responsibility for? You lost me there...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Trump Administration should do what Presidential Candidate Tulsi Gabbard recommends.. Send every American economically affected by the CoronaVirus panic, $1,000 a month as long as the panic lasts.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Those of you who have backed him relentlessly while he lines the pockets of his and his family's pockets are your expense are part of the problem.

The only thing I'm missing here is why are you calling Biden Don the Con?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

In my opinion this will be over in a couple of months and the vaccine will be for the next time around .

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump and this administration are showing what real leadership looks like.

The facts for rates and transmissions for Covid19 will be far far less than occurred from Obama and his administration's inaction on H1N1 Swine Flu.

You appear to have no clue as to what you are talking about. The facts are already in and they totally contradict your mistaken belief.

Here is a pointer to an analysis of the H1N1 epidemic done at Imperial College, London:

www.who.int...

The important point is on page 6, which is the discussion of transmission rate (R) and speed of growth (doubling time) in the US. I'll quote:
"Growth rate slow – doubling time never got below 17 days, and has now reduced. Consistent with R~1.2."

Here is a pointer to a recent analysis of the outbreak of COVID-19 on the Diamond Princess:

www.ijidonline.com...(20)30091-6/fulltext

It showed a transmission rate of 2.28--nearly twice as high as the H1N1 rate.

Here's an article in the Lancet that modeled the early outbreak of COVID-19 in China:

www.thelancet.com...(20)30260-9/fulltext

They showed a slightly higher R of 2.68 and a doubling time of 6.4 days.

COVID-19 is moving much faster than H1N1 and is infecting many more people.

1. The R-value of a virus is mostly dependant on its' genetic characteristics, not politicians. It can only be reduced IF the national leadership at least tries some actions.

2. From history, we already know that Obama and the democrats did NOTHING during the MERS crisis, no special medical committee, no VP in charge or Czar in charge, no special funding, no daily briefing, no mass testing- Obama did not even try.
Zero
ZIP

3. Again from history, Obama and the democrats also did NOTHING during the Ebola crisis.
NOTHING
Obama just rolled the dice and hoped for the best, gambling that it would go away; ''hope" is not leadership - "Hope" is just poor management and cheap campaign slogans for low iQ gullible/CNN crowd
He even accused those proposing quarantines of "racism"

4. Aside from having nothing to do with race, quarantines are an effective, PROVEN effective, centuries-old technique

Deny IGNORANCE....
edit on 13-3-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I am happy to inform you that your first 5 lines describe
many democrats in office and running for.Does Biden and
Pelosi ring a bell for you?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I have to raise the question, though, of "how real is this?" From his February tweets that we had it all under control (link to DJT tweet on this twitter.com...) to his statements about waiving copays on insurance (which left the insurance industry going "huh?") he has shown a tendency to talk first and plan later, assuming everyone will go along with whatever he has in mind.

So how much of this IS real? We'll see over the next few weeks. The US response has fallen way behind that of the rest of the world. If what happens is just that he made things up to reassure the public, we'll see more failures and confusion in the response and a real burden on our health care system as people who are ill can't get treatment.

Everyone can agree that the one serious flaw of Trump is he will say whatever comes into his head at the moment. This has taken away from some great things he has accomplish.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't see how holding him to the same standard as the rest of the world leaders is "ridiculous"... unless you have some sort of belief that the US Presidency is only an honorary post.

Not the pandemic team of the CDC... that he fired back in 2017, declaring it an "unnecessary waste" of the Obama administration. The WHO and other organizations have been urging action since December.

World leaders kept their eye on things and started making plans to roll out various stages (testing kits, quarrantine, etc, etc.) Trump only moved when the stock market went into freefall.

I'm still not convinced that he's taking it seriously. He's still doing the big rallies and

As for him proposing stuff before talking it over with every one - Guess what that is the fastest way to get stuff accomplished - get it out there, and if the public supports it - it goes along way towards making it happen - or stopping it if it's a bad idea.

Management by blue-sky guesswork is a terrible idea... as you might know if you've ever had someone like that as your manager. Wastes money, wastes resources.

Trump shutdown travel to Europe. I mean, it doesn't get much crazier than that.

And it looks more like the health officials dropped the ball. What idiot gives China full control of our medicine production? A democrat most likely.

I don't think you understand how many hours away we're from a full country shut down. What the # would you do if you were the president? Especially one that's been dealing with mountains of BS for the last four years?

At this point I'm glad Trump is the president to deal with this, he's the only jerkoff brazen enough to try some crazy sh!t like shutting down travel to Europe. I imagine that's the least panic inducing choice he chose, otherwise your stack of toilet paper would be that much higher had he chose something else.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago1405699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t .

I’ll give you a flag anyway . 🇺🇸
edit on 13-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Owning what ever. This sheet was either started by The New World Order or China or both Either alone or in concert.

What a bullsheeter clown.

So did Trump send all of the worlds pharmaceutical manufacturing of drugs to China? No

Another democratic political o gas I m
edit on 13-3-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This is just nonsense. No other leader is getting the virus labeled the [insert leaders name] virus. No other leader has practically the entire media saying first they are not doing enough, then being criticized for doing too much.

To say he is not listening to his advisers is pure BS. His advisers are the ones telling him to do just about everything he has done. You would know this if you actually watched the white house briefings. I think the payroll tax relief idea might be his - but nothing about fighting the virus is.

He's not doing rallies anymore, and today he praised the sports leagues for shutting down.

The swine flu killed 1000 people before obama declared a national emergency, but the media did nothing but praise him.
edit on 13-3-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Everyone can agree that the one serious flaw of Trump is he will say whatever comes into his head at the moment. This has taken away from some great things he has accomplish.

I don't agree with that. I like the fact he says what is on his mind, whether wrong or not. Much prefer that to someone who only reads a prepared script off a teleprompter.

What he says takes away nothing from what he has accomplished. Words don't mean anything other than affecting the weak minded who are ruled by their emotions. Only actions matter.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I think I know exactly how you feel.
My wife is also upset Costco ran out of tampons.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Anathros

Seriously..aren't some of you the least bit curious as to what the plan (if any) they have for actually keeping us safe?

It's NOT the job of government to keep us safe!

WE have the responsibility to keep ourselves safe.

Then why do you suppose the preamble of the US Constitution says that two of the main jobs of the government are to “provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare” ?

What’s that supposed to be about if not keeping us safe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join