It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don the Con's latest speech and ongoing meltdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
You must be watching a different speech than I. Currently he is addressing the coronavirus and the private companies that are offering their assistance...

I have to raise the question, though, of "how real is this?" From his February tweets that we had it all under control (link to DJT tweet on this twitter.com...) to his statements about waiving copays on insurance (which left the insurance industry going "huh?") he has shown a tendency to talk first and plan later, assuming everyone will go along with whatever he has in mind.

So how much of this IS real? We'll see over the next few weeks. The US response has fallen way behind that of the rest of the world. If what happens is just that he made things up to reassure the public, we'll see more failures and confusion in the response and a real burden on our health care system as people who are ill can't get treatment.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Trump and this administration are showing what real leadership looks like.

The facts for rates and transmissions for Covid19 will be far far less than occurred from Obama and his administration's inaction on H1N1 Swine Flu.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I guess we will just have to wait for the details.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: StoutBroux

Suspending interest on student loans for the time being.

How does suspending interest on student loans help the COVID 19 problem? I'm not seeing it.

Addressing those who are affected financially because of it. The school I work for is now closed at least for the next week. I am an hourly wage earner. I personally paid off my loans years ago but for those who haven't, it will help them in the long run. It's just another ease of possible hardship. Just like he is having the US buy up tons of oil to protect us from possible disruption and cost. Eases people fears a little bit in this ocean of fear.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I don't believe that interest accrues on student loans issued to student who are still in school. Interest begins to accrue on student loans once the student either graduates or drops out/finishes.

Again, Trump didn't say anything about suspending student load payments.

edit on 13-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the tax season filing deadline to be moved back a bit.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

My student loan interest built while in school, the entire time I was in school. I didn't have to pay while enrolled full time, but the interest still built up.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

If those are the signs, I think he's had it for about 5 years

(post by RazorV66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm a Trump supporter but that speech didn't do much in terms of inspiring confidence. Okay, they're manufacturing tests and stores are claiming they'll have products on the shelves. That's great but what about combatting the virus? Okay, you took advantage of cheap oil. That's great but what about combatting the virus? Talks about putting freezes on student loans? Great but what about combatting the virus?

Seriously..aren't some of you the least bit curious as to what the plan (if any) they have for actually keeping us safe?
edit on 13-3-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

People that sit on the fence don’t take sides so this op is loaded with irony..

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I see.

One of the most important things to understand about their student loans is how interest accrues over the life of the loan. There are two different types of federal student loans, unsubsidized and subsidized loans.

Subsidized Loans
How interest accrues with subsidized loans is much different than how it accrues with unsubsidized loans. Subsidized student loans are needs-based and available to students who meet certain low income requirements. Because these loans are used to incentivize education, the loans are structured to be as attractive as possible.
The interest on these loans does not begin to accrue until six months after the student leaves school, either by graduating or by discontinuing studies. If the student returns to school, the interest stops accruing again until the student is not in school.

Unsubsidized Loans
Unsubsidized loans are not based on need and a certain amount per semester is available to most students. The interest on these loans begins to accrue the minute the loan is disbursed, and while the interest rate is typically very low, the interest does add up over time.

www.loan.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

The scariest word a person can hear are as follows..

“The government sent me, I’m here to help”

As for fighting the virus.
Didn’t he give greater authority and more funding to the people in charge of the fight?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's no use pointing out facts to those on ATS anymore. Trump could literally shoot one of their family members and they'd still take his side. I used to LOVE ATS, but it has become an echo chamber for Trump sheep. So once in a while I comment, but just to let people know not everybody is under this President's spell. Trump will lose in November. He is weak.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I'm not surprised by the responses you got in this threadso far,
You are interacting with bunch of sheeple who would let Trump molest their children and still defend him and blame ______ (insert random name of any dem politician).

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

The op is nothing but a turd.
Show some actual “facts” instead of a rant and have a discussion..

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

It's no use pointing out facts to those on ATS anymore. Trump could literally shoot one of their family members and they'd still take his side. I used to LOVE ATS, but it has become an echo chamber for Trump sheep. So once in a while I comment, but just to let people know not everybody is under this President's spell. Trump will lose in November. He is weak.

You don’t say?
Exactly who is he going to lose to?
Is there someone the Dems are not bringing out yet because the 2 that are left are the weakest assholes around.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I watched President Trumps speech, could you show where he blamed obama, biden or the democrats? I'd really like to see it.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Slowing the spread of the virus is a way to combat it , without a vaccine you can't cure it . I'm sure one will pop up soon .

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Even if there is a vaccine soon it will not be available in large enough quantities for months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join