It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the 2004 Bin Laden Video a Fake? And If it Is..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is not being stated as 100% factual, I really don't know what is, but this is simply my opinion and something I would like to discuss, hopefully without any political tags being involved

This thread is not about the 2001 Bin Laden video in which he claims responsibility for 9/11 that has been discussed in many topics as being a fake. I direct you to these threads, if you are unfamiliar with that discussion (thanks seekeroff)
Google Results on 2001 Fake

Did Osama do it??

Now before I continue, I want you all to know that I have long believed that Osama Bin Laden is dead, most likely shortly after Tora Bora. I find it difficult to believe that a man who requires dialysis could survive so long while on the run and living in caves, but that is besides the point. I want to discuss here the possibility that 2004 Bin Laden video released before the elections was a fake. So I ask you to look at these links:
Is the 2004 Bin Laden Video Tape A Fraud?

www.welfarestate.com...

Now you may ask yourself why is this girl rehashing old videos and Bin Laden after we have all heard that he just recently communicated with Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, well being that is a conspiracy site and I am conspiracy minded, I feel that that before Bush's presidential term is over we will get official word that Bin Laden has been either captured or killed. No matter what developments happen in Afghanistan and Iraq, this administration will always have the failure of not getting the perpetrator of 911 so in order to say "I told you so" this will have happen.

So back to the video again, after carefully looking at pages and pages of google images of Bin Laden and the site above, I do believe a strong case can be made that man featured in the 2004 video is not the same Bin Laden as in other videos. But the 2001 video Bin Laden and 2004 Bin Laden do share similar features with a broader fatter nose.

Now let's just say that this was true and knowing all the things you know now about Bin Laden and his correspondence including recent ones, and all the chatter, and news stories that hopefully you read here on ATSNN, what exactly do you think we are in for in the next year?

It is obvious that we are being told that an attack is imminent, (hasn't it always been so since 9/11, anyways) Bin Laden is transferring power to Al-Zarqawi, sleeper cells are being mentioned, the usual talk of missing weapons, etc...we even being told that our intelligence is failing, all signs and suggestions that something will go down that will lead to the death or capture of "Bin Laden"

Your thoughts?

[edit on 3-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Am I that out there with my thoughts?

I mean if no one is really interested in Bin Laden anymore then I can understand, but not even one response even a critical one

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think the lack of response might be due to the title of your thread not really fitting what you are trying to say. When I first read it I just figured it was another thread regarding the video and whether it was fake or not. You put "and if it is..." which is the main part of your post if I read it correctly.

Also, the 2nd part of your post, asking what people think might happen has also been discussed in several threads.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
thanks sense, maybe it's the title, because I know after searching several times, that the 2004 Video has not been discussed as being a fake on ATS, only the 2001 one video. And I would think people's opinions might have changed between 2001 and 2004 videos now that there is the possibility that we have 2 fake bin laden tapes, but what do I know, ATS can be fickle sometimes

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'd have to agree, looking at those sites it seems that the 2004 tape is a bad fake. I don't know what to conclude from that though, if he's dead or alive or if the tape was manufactured by the US government.

Worldwatcher, your avatars are fascinating. Everytime I think you couldn't have a more beautiful photo, you prove me wrong. Sorry, off topic but I had to say that.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I totally agree on worldwatchers avatars. They rock!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Didn't you know that bin ladin lives in the white house in the lincoln bed room...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
WW,

I've long said that Osama #1 and Osama #2 do resemble one another, but still, there are many differences between the two.

The NOSE is totally wrong, for one.
The LIPS are wrong

I have long been disgusted and angry over this subject among many others
The illusions, the lies, the puzzles with the missing crucial piece...

Of course, try to voice your opinions and you will be called the fool. Best to say very little nowadays and wait for something that will prove, beyond a SHADOW OF A DOUBT that we were fed non-truths.

But you know what? I dont want to be right. I want to be wrong. Much better that i discover that all these Bush years my mind was playing tricks on me that i discover that my greatest fears are true. I care that much about this country and about America.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You're assuming that Osama ever existed as we've been told.

Whether it's number 1 or 2 he (they?) have always made interventions at times that really suited the neo-con agenda.

The pre-election intervention was so crude it was laughable, just by keeping quiet for a month or two he'd have made the election of Kerry much more likely. A guy who could plan 11-9 couldn't be that dumb.

Almost as crude as the WTC passport plant - CIA, Mossad or whoever it is sure have some stupid guys working for them.

BTW please change your avatar thingie - far too distracting!!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is a really angering subject for me.

From the timing of the 2004 pre-election "Osama" campaign commercial for Bush to the near immediate proliferation of the "hidden message to red states"
from right wing sites and posters serving as a form of impromptu Al Jazeera doing the "terrorists" work for them to ensure Bush won.

Just sickening.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I know mate, really sorry for you (and the rest of us) people were so stupid to fall for it. Not really their fault - blame has to be with your 'big' media for sucking it up without question

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

By World Watcher

Your thoughts?

Don't take offence that no-body replied to your thread immediatatly because thats the way that things have gone on ATS lately.

"Silence is Golden", because it means you have provided irrefutable proof to back up your claims, and even the planted propagander agents which post on this board can't manage any level of damage control!

IMO, if anybody sat down and took the time to look at the differences in the real "Osama" and the one in the video/video's, it wouldn't take them long to realise that something was fishy! The rotting smell gives the perpetrators away.

By World Watcher
It is obvious that we are being told that an attack is imminent, (hasn't it always been so since 9/11, anyways) Bin Laden is transferring power to Al-Zarqawi,

This is just another lie to distract us from the smell of rotting fish. Al-Zarqawi is as bigger ghost as Osama. It all goes back to the WMD's and the Iraq/Al qaeda connection.(they got it wrong)

From Feb 2003,

From linked story
The first connection, Powell is certain to allege, is a one-legged Jordanian wounded in the allied bombing of Afghanistan, who the Bush administration will argue is that missing link. He is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Stories about al-Zarqawi have been carefully fed to the media, suggesting his key role as the connection between Osama bin Laden and Saddam. Most of them have been unsourced. And all have been dismissed by those who have followed the career of this veteran of the global jihad, who was fighting for Islam long before the world had heard of Osama bin Laden and whose al-Qaeda credentials have, in part, been created to fulfil the agendas of those who want him for other reasons.

Source

Now getting back to Osama, if you listen to Dubya,

From linked story
US President George W. Bush has said that Osama Bin Laden could be caught in a minute. During a visit to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) building near Washington, Bush told journalists that they gather data daily on the whereabouts of the al-Qaeda leader, his aide Ayman Al-Zawahiri, and his ally in Iraq, Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi.

Source

So if it's so easy, why isn't this terrorist mastermind being bought to justice? Answers simple! Dubya is not that concerned,

From the 2004 Pesidential debate
"Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations," said Bush, who has repeatedly accused Kerry of being fickle and unreliable on national security issues.

Within moments, the Kerry campaign had sent reporters a quotation from a March 13, 2002 press conference in which Bush said of bin Laden: "I truly am not that concerned about him."

Source

Why would George wan't to capture Osama when he seems to release these video's at such conveinient times? Your guess is as good as mine?

To Rant,

Good photo and well said, as usual.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A few days after the election even Fidel Castro was quoted saying something along the lines of how unreal it was that a video could affect the outcome. And if you're looking for anti-U.S. government sentiment Castro is a veritable gold mine. I haven't done a whole lot of research on the two tapes' disparities but the simple fact that our "security" was threatened days before the election didn't sit right in my mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I agree that the government is using Osama as a propaganda tool. The vast majority of world citizens will not question what is placed before them, be it Osama tapes or some other form of propaganda. The media is a machine. It is the most effective tool for planting the seeds of any agenda.

Worldwatcher, you also wonder what will happen this year or next because of all of the governments constant reminders. Quotes from the U.S. government stating that it isn't "if" something will happen, but a matter of "when and where" something will happen. Something will happen in 2 cases. One, an actual terrorist attack will occur in the U.S. because it has been a long time since we have experienced one. Or two, a terrorist act will occur when it is most needed by our government as a tool to rally public support for some larger agenda.

I do not believe at this point in time it is necessary for this to occur in the U.S. Our government has bigger tools to use in the middle east at the moment. The media is fast and furious over issues in Iran, Syria, and North Korea. I don't think they need an attack here to get us involved again, but then again, I'm not the one driving this bus.

Well, at the moment,

new topics

top topics

join