It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have a Cough

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes ... I have a dry cough. No. I do not have the plague. Please stop looking sideways at me. Honest to God, I had a cold earlier this week and the post nasal drip is irritating my throat. Hence the cough, and it would be dry wouldn't it?

I hate feeling like I should apologize for being out in public, but I am not sick. I am getting over being sick. I can't help it if the healing process shares a symptom with the plague of your fears.

But seriously, not every cough is the corona virus. Stop giving me *that* look ....

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I’m not a people person so I really wouldn’t mind if I could cough and clear the room.
When I cough I’m going to start saying “corona” while doing so.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Good for you it's not COVID19
If it is, just accept you have been recruited as an agent of natural selection.

NC

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I worked a concert last night. Less than a third of the people who prepaid tix showed up

At the bar, we had a special: buy a Corona bottle, get the virus free. Those who showed up laughed their butt off.

And no, we do not have any virus to give away.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

When people on a plane wig out over a sneeze so badly that they had to turn the flight around, other people's fear starts to be an issue.

Otherwise I wouldn't care any more the I usually would. These things happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In seriousness, I have had a dry cough also for a few days.

Which is abnormal because I can't recall ever having one before.

No fever or other symptoms though .. I work from home and Kroger is the only place I have been.

Well, Kroger and I went to look at a '69 CJ5 on Wednesday

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Am I the only one who read this headline and noticed that in context, the rant guy in the icon looks like he's violently coughing into the air?

But yeah no me too. I always have a nasty cough during the colder months. It starts in November and stays thru April.

I don't mind using it to my advantage. If I'm not in a "people" mood I'll just cough into my elbow a few times and watch the bubble around me grow.

But people are quite rude about it otherwise. Dirty looks, etc. Sometimes they just look downright scared and I'm sorry to say it but I find the look of sheer fright a bit amusing.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Given my lack of study on mutations of 21st Century diseases and pandemics, I wonder if maybe ketsuko should be post banned to prevent possible electronic transmission as a new unexplored transmission vector...

Nah let it ride, I might get another paper out of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I had a board meeting at a very popular restaurant last night. It will comfortably seat 200. There was only about a dozen customers in the building. It’s usually a wait for a table.

The entertainment industry is taking it on the chin.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I ate ice cream last night and am all mucousy today, a very wet cough. I have problems with dairy causing this kind of thing, I am not sick. It does raise my temp if I eat ice cream or drink milk, but that is because of an allergy to milk

Now, I learned that if I am going to suffer with eating ice cream or with milk, I want really good tasting grassmilk or ice cream with out carrageenen in it. On sale the ice creams we get are about six bucks a carton and are worth the headache and the muccous explosion.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Why is it always about you.

Don't you get why people would be nervous. Show some compassion and wear a mask in public.

I have the same problem but from allergies, so I feel your frustration. While antihistamines knock it down a lot, I always carry tissues and cough drops - in consideration of others. In these times, I'm beginning to wear a cotton mask in public even with those who know.

The cotton mask cuts down on 'spray' and reminds YOU not to touch your face. They are cheap, easily washed daily, and reusable.

Stop being selfish - you'll lose your anger as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I have puss running from my eyes and an odd craving for human brains. My coordination also seems to be off and I'm shambling around a bit.

edit on 13-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Ummm, what mask? They are kind of sold out, and I would like to save what we have for when they are needed.

I already avoid going places as it is, but some things are unavoidable or things you simply shouldn't miss. I am not missing my son's belt test. He's on his very last color belt now, and you just don't miss those any of these tests he's worked so hard for.

I can't miss physical therapy either if I want a functional shoulder, so I guess that one is my personal selfishness. How dare I want to move my right arm normally and without pain ... gawd, some people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's another reason I don't want to be around people who don't know me. I have had a chronic cough for many years due to smoking. Nobody pays any attention to it in normal times but with all this crap going on people will think I'm contagious. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

None of those are corona virus symptoms so you're legit.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Might be this...
kuru

You should have stayed away from the brains...

NC

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was just in Chi k Fil a....was telling my cousin how great Italy was, and how I escapex there with nothing but this weird rash.

She was so embarrassed. Other peeps were reeling.

Come to think of it...this would be a great technique to use to get a better seat somewhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well - that I can't help you with.

I keep that kind of thing on hand. And I'm not talking disposables here, but reusable ones here.

They won't keep you from being infected but help you not infect others.

You can make your own too. Flour sack towels, old sheets and string or fabric sheets.

It's not rocket science - what did we do before Amazon or Sears. We made do with what we had and made it ourselves.

Isn't that an "American" value of some sort...

Trickle down economics has taken it's toll on "American Can-Do".

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

NC

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yes ... I have a dry cough. No. I do not have the plague. Please stop looking sideways at me. Honest to God, I had a cold earlier this week and the post nasal drip is irritating my throat. Hence the cough, and it would be dry wouldn't it?

I hate feeling like I should apologize for being out in public, but I am not sick. I am getting over being sick. I can't help it if the healing process shares a symptom with the plague of your fears.

But seriously, not every cough is the corona virus. Stop giving me *that* look ....

I'm no people person and loathe to draw attention to myself in public, buuuut...I'd totally be sporting a tissue, half-assed combed hair and have my kid do some "tired & baggy under-eyes" make-up on me, and feign looking like death warmed over.

Right now, a simple sneeze could potentially clear a mere isle, walking around looking like that would get you solo VIP treatment at emptied stores
edit on 3/13/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join