It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Today I begin a second back to back outbreak of my shingles - could this be related? I have had many outbreaks in my lifetime, but never ever back to back to back - I have a low grade fever (common for an outbreak of shingles, and feel "icky" .. common too), however; no coughing, sneezing, or trouble breathing. Curious to hear your thoughts.
a reply to: tetra50

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: research100

people panicked and there was s run on the banks caused the stock market to crash and the great depression happened

You have it backwards. The market crash caused the run on banks.

And that's why the FDIC was created. Deposits are insured up to $250k now by the federal government. Isn't that comforting?

Communism!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Heard about this while I was tending bar tonight at the little family owned Italian restaurant at which I work:

HOUSTON — Houston bars and restaurants have been ordered to follow new restrictions for the next 15 days in an effort to curb coronavirus exposure, Harris County Judge Lina Hildago announced Monday.

Bars and nightclubs must close. Meanwhile, restaurants can only delivery, pickup and drive-thru services. No in-dining service is allowed.

Houston-area bars forced to close, dining-in no longer allowed at restaurants for next 15 days

This is a county adjacent to the one in which I work (Galveston) and all of our servers were concerned that we (Galveston County) would be next. I told them, "Tillman Fertitta practically owns Galveston County, I doubt he will let the county shut him down."

One of our regulars is friends with a county judge in Galveston County and texted him while he was enjoying an adult beverage waiting on his take out order; before his food was ready, he heard back from the judge who indicated that there were no plans in place to do the same.

At least as of now.

Currently there is only one case from Galveston County, and that individual wasn't even at home when they were tested; see my post here for more details.

Went to a local bar with one of my fellow servers after work and was talking to the bar tender there, he said that the owner flat out stated that it would take armed guards to stop him from opening. I had heard this from another patron whom is friends with said owner earlier in the night while I was tending bar.

edit on 17-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link tag

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nekbet2017

Flu symptoms for a mild case of influenza (or coronavirus). Hacking, dry cough. Popping sensation in your lungs when you try to breathe? See a doctor, it may be something serious.

Coronavirus is one of many ailments going around. Once something gets into your lungs (you'll know it), see a doctor.
edit on 3/17/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Went to a local bar with one of my fellow servers after work and was talking to the bar tender there, he said that the owner flat out stated that it would take armed guards to stop him from opening.

Lawless bunch. You Texans.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A friend and his wife whom I play golf with have returned to the states from S.E. Asia. This is the email I got from him.

We are now at our residence in Las Vegas. No problems with any of the flights. All airports were fairly vacant of travelers, but the EVA Air BKK-Taiwan, and Taiwan-Los Angeles flights were nearly full. I think as one of the only flights still coming to America, it was being utilized by folks in Asia to get home. We went through a few Thermoscans, and they pulled a few passengers aside to check that had connected from hotspot areas, but I was surprised with the lack of screening.

In fact, there was no screening for Corona virus at Los Angeles, whatsoever. No thermoscan, no nurses or doctors. Nobody even asked us where we had been traveling. Just when right thru and out into the general population. Las Vegas is shut down. We went to eat at Denny's and we were the only customers for the evening. Incredible.

I had heard Los Angeles was a joke as far as screening but my friend confirmed it for me ..

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

You can't catch it through your gut ffs. No evidence for your bs claims what so ever. Credible source gor your claim or just bugger off and stop spreading bs

Sorry, I am falling way behind trying to keep up with this thread. Trying to get my taxes done too..

Anyway, when a path of infection mentioned is the "fecal/oral" route, what exactly does that mean in relation to this discussion?

So I don't have to worry about touching a doorknob somewhere carrying this virus and then sticking my finger in my mouth afterwards?

Sorry if this has been discussed in the 30 pages or so I have yet to read.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Fun times, our local butcher literally sold out of meat today, supermarkets running very low, no pasta, no can food...people are losing it and we don't have the infection here yet as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FellowHuman
So I looked a bit more into what retroviruses are. Which this new virus is (which from now on i think i will be calling it the Wuhan Coronavirus
Because if it is as insidious as it is looking to be to me, a whole lot of people are in big trouble
And names, like any symbol, are extremely powerful tools for shaping reality, and one should never give sole authority (or any) of them over to evil. But i digress.

What I found is that there are only 3 retroviruses that currently affect humans, now 4 if we include the Wuhan Coronavirus, which if what i have read is correct, is a retrovirus.

HIV, HTLV1, and HTLV2. All seemingly are only transmitted the same way: blood, sexual fluids, so on. As we know though, the Wuhan Coronavirus seems to be transmitted in much more contagious ways, where it is "airborne," at least most certainly more so than HIV and the others. Reading about retroviruses isnt the most uplifting stuff, but does explain why some "in the know" or who would be privy to classified/secret information, like governments, are themselves not treating it like "the flu."
Here is an article that i read about information of retroviruses: www.healthline.com...

Now this also led me to an older article regarding this Wuhan Virus that i thought gave an interesting take: startupdaemon.net...

Essentially, it was the problem that i was always most concerned about, and that is the long term effects of this virus. And i really do think this is what is being kept hush hush. But we have seen all the stories, of things like infertility and lung damage, and so on. So most certainly if this virus slowly erodes and damages peoples organs, all while seemingly having no symptoms, it aint no joke.

The text in the link to startupdaemon.net would be pretty scary stuff if the guy has some sort of credentials indicating he knows what he is talking about. The website itself volunteers very few clues about the guy.

Sorry if this may have been cleared up in the 30+ pages I have yet to read to catch up in this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: XCrycek

You can't catch it through your gut ffs. No evidence for your bs claims what so ever. Credible source gor your claim or just bugger off and stop spreading bs

Sorry, I am falling way behind trying to keep up with this thread. Trying to get my taxes done too..

Anyway, when a path of infection mentioned is the "fecal/oral" route, what exactly does that mean in relation to this discussion?

So I don't have to worry about touching a doorknob somewhere carrying this virus and then sticking my finger in my mouth afterwards?

Sorry if this has been discussed in the 30 pages or so I have yet to read.

Fecal: well.. not going to try and explain this (wash your hand in the bathroom, kids).

Fomite: transmission through metal railings, recently sneezed on boxes, silverware.. be careful what you touch, but if you do, sanitize, or wash your hands with soap afterwards..

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z
Wrong from the second sentence.
It is not a retrovirus.
edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I've noticed that "Cascadia" is your location but didn't know you were that close. I'm on the west side, Washington County. What's this about Portland shutting down?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I got off work a few hours after (quarantine-lite) occurred.

I was advised by co-workers not to even bother trying to go to the market.. Long lines full of panicked shoppers. It's funny how normalcy bias affects people once they are shocked into the reality of a situation.

Hopefully in a week or so toilet paper (not dude wipes) become available again.

Oddly enough, I had a pretty funny conversation with another co-worker who had no choice but to become familiar with the "minty" ones.. He kind of 'prefers them' now..

Strange times..

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I've noticed that "Cascadia" is your location but didn't know you were that close. I'm on the west side, Washington County. What's this about Portland shutting down?

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown announced Monday she is banning seated dining at the state’s bars and restaurants and prohibiting gatherings of more than 25 people, in the latest set of drastic actions meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Restaurants can continue take-out and delivery options and the prohibition on gatherings will have an exemption for grocery stores and retail outlets. The ban starts Tuesday and is scheduled to last at least four weeks.

Violating the governor’s executive order is a misdemeanor. Brown urged people to comply to limit spread of the coronavirus.
www.opb.org...

Before this happened, I went to grab a coffee on my break, and the owner told me that I was his 5th customer of the day.. It was about 4pm..

Portland is very quiet. Are things different in Hillsboro?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Its crazy out there, I just spoke 5 minutes ago with a lady I know that works at our local Coles and she said it's madness. Not only that people are buying trollies full of perishable items I suspect 90% of the food bought in panic will end up at the tip...

I'm so glad 2 months ago i started getting a few extra items to put away a while shopping each time...
edit on 17-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I really don't get the cases of bottled water..

Even in Wuhan.. At the height of their crazy quarantine, citizens still had access to power and running water.

People are melodramatic..

We under-react about the wrong things.. but conversely over-react about other wrong things.. /sigh

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

It was pointed out to me that in some locales tap water is pretty much undrinkable. I've lived in a place like that but what I did then was drive to a place where it was with a couple of 5 gallon jugs and filled up at a public park.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

nvm not an COnvid-19 update just phage dribble

edit on 17-3-2020 by puzzled2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Even in Wuhan.. At the height of their crazy quarantine, citizens still had access to power and running water.

People are melodramatic..

We under-react about the wrong things.. but conversely over-react about other wrong things.. /sigh

Some places tap water tastes like crap and people buy bottled water anyways so they wanna stock up on it if its something they use regardless.

edit on 17-3-2020 by KEVINR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join