It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influential Evangelical Calls Out Trump’s ‘Sloppy & Dangerous’ Coronavirus Lies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Now is that time.

ok
wait wasnt that rushia?
or that peach mint?

i think you have said this before.........

but NOW like right now is the really real time?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You have been saying that for almost four years and it is still just a childish fantasy. There are very good reasons why presidents make hard decisions outside of the spotlight and cheer the American people in front of the cameras.

Most Americans are so uninformed that they live in a state of permanent low-grade panic already. Only a #e president stokes that. Unlike Joe Biden and the MSM, who are trying to light the fire and hoping for a bomb.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Be careful not to automatically believe all the Democrat biased MSM, they lie 🥶

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

it is interesting when comparing these two press conferences. merkel acts calmly and speaks freely, trump agitates and reads from the prompter.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Seems he's right about anyone who NEEDS a test gets the test 😎

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
President Obama allowed over 1,000 Americans to DIE from the H1N1 virus before taking action.

Source: www.redstate.com... public-health-emergency

Pick your poison:

LIES or MURDERER.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
"Influentially evangelical".
Singular.
One.

Sounds like someone with a personal opinion. Why we are presented this as some turning point is beyond me. Every time someone flips on Trump people act like his support is drying up. But they fail to recognize that for every person Trump looses he gains 3 back.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Presidents lie. All of them. It's a sad fact.

I think calling this a MAJOR FAILURE is a bit over the top. In the first place, I don't consider it a lie unless there was an attempt to deceive. If Trump honestly believed that anyone who needed a test could get one, then it's just an error on his part. If he knew that statement was wrong and promoted it anyway, then it's a lie.

Second, since all President's lie, my metric is, "What damage has that lie done?"

For instance:

"Read my lips, no new taxes." Yeah, that cost.

"I did not have sex with that woman." Meh, who cares.

"We need to invade Iraq before they nuke us." Hoo boy, that cost.

"If you like your insurance plan ..." That was a big bite in the wallet.

"Anyone who needs to get tested can." Ain't cost me a dime.

--------

If you want to turn Trump supporters away from him, give us something we can sink our teeth into. Has he told any intentional lies that cost us billions of dollars or thousands of lives?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
We suddenly care what evangelicals think? Lol that's humorous.

So the big lie is there's enough tests or not? Wow where were you when we promised cheaper better health insurance through government intervention...

Reaching for the stars here buddy...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network put the president on notice over his blundering response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
An influential evangelical Christian journalist put President Donald Trump on notice over his many lies related to the coronavirus outbreak.
David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network said Trump’s vow last week that “anyone who wants a test can get a test” has turned out to be “100% false.” And Brody ― who in 2018 told The New York Times he had “phenomenal” access to the White House ― called out Trump for confusing Americans and repeatedly providing false information:

link

On Friday March 6th, @realDonaldTrump said, "Anybody that needs a test gets a test."That is 100% FALSE. Full stop. He was wrong then and it's wrong today too. Many American citizens want a #coronavirus test right now but can't get access to one. This is a MAJOR FAILURE. @POTUS

Its good people who supported him are finally looking at reality for what it is and telling the

Many people still defend the indefensible.

so Brody who has been accurately critical of Trumps christianity (who even believes Trumps a Christian anyway?), Brody who stated Trump and evangelicals are both in “it” for mutual benefit, (both accurate and very critical of both) says Trump is wrong on “anyone who needs tests gets tests”
One christian, who has already criticised evangelical leaders as well as Trump and what?
It’s all crashing down

“The good people who supported him are finally ...” really?
One bad comment, justified in my opinion, from a Christian media personality and it’s all crashing down around Trump, really?

One comment by Trump on how he has acted in policy to carona virus and Trumps empire is falling, really?

Think you are being a bit of a drama queen there buddy
One comment from a Christian commentator and I don’t think the world of Trump is crashing down.
Over reaction a little bit maybe?

It’s terrible, orange man scary.
At least his not Hillary

edit on 13-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So Trump is trying to get as many tests available as possible by utilizing he private AND public sectors and saying his stance is anyone who wants to be tested can be ... and that's a bad stance? Trump is a liar because the CDC is screwing up?

If you can show me where Trump is ordering the CDC not to test people I will jump on board with it being a lie.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sad that it took something like a pandemic to really highlight Trump’s utter and complete incompetence.

Even more sad how many on the right refuse to accept reality, listen to science, etc.

Same old BS:
“It’s the liberal media!”
“What about Obama?!”
“It’s another dem hoax!”
“It’s the deep stite!”
“It’s a cooty taw!”

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
They do not have that many tests available to get tested yet, Trump is misinformed. Around here, they do not have many tests available yet, most are being sent to the big cities. Making enough to test a tenth of the population that has symptoms will take a month to ramp up that much tests. You can only get tested around here if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or have been in around a known hot spot for the virus.

Trumps statement was wrong, but I think he wasn't paying attention to what the medical people were saying, he should have asked more questions instead of assuming there were enough tests for a lot of people.

I would not blast Trump for saying that, he just did not know the whole story, I just heard what he said and figured like all politicians he was an idiot and did not really know what was going on. I said all polititians, not just one party. They are all so hung up on themselves that they are constantly misinforming people..

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You’re posting this as if every president before him hasn’t lied to us.

Every president after him will lie to us as well.

That's a childish answer. And a diversion. Doesn't replay to the OP. This post is about one lie and nothing else. If you can't dispute the specific then don't open your mouth. You are free to think whatever you want. It's just not relevant.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How ironic....an evangelical accusing others of spreading lies. Was it Eli Gemstone by chance?
edit on 13-3-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

They think one Christian is all Christians because identity groups are all supposed to think, believe and act in lockstep on the left. I think faith confuses them because there is no "Christian" block like you have other blocks.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I stopped reading at "evangelical."

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone should be critical of trump, it’s healthy
But yes, people complain because there are many interpretations of the bible and branches of christianity.
Some see it as a bad thing, to me it’s a good thing
We question everything, well we should.

You are right of course

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am a committed Christian, adherant to historical orthodox Protestant Christianity.

I see "Influential Evangelicals" in your subject line and I roll my eyes. I have little to no respect for what most of US culture would refer to as "Influential Evangelicals." Hucksters, the vast majority of them. The do NOT speak for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did some people forget to read the bible ?

GOD likes plagues.

'Influential evangelical' eh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join