It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to think about you republicans out there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
One thing I find peculiar about republicans is they say they will lower taxes. Now, I find my self asking republicans about why they chose that side of the government. The main reply I get is, "Because they lower taxes." This couldn't be true because of their other side: They like to have wars. War equals taxes, thus making them liers. Then if they do have war and they don't raise taxes, they put the country in a bad place (such as now, we have Bush forgetting that we need funding after a war).

The next part I don't like about republicans is their wanting to kill off small business and make corporations grow. The US is made up of mostly small businesses. You try to kill them off, you get unemployment.

A lot of americans are always complaining about Mexicans coming over illegally. You know why they are? Corporations. They take most of the good farming land in Mexico and the rest of the Central and South America and they farm it (and they completely destroy the land as they do it). This forces the farmers of those countries to farm in bad land. That makes them poorer. They can't buy food, because the corporations have too high of prices for them. So they try to come to the US to at least have food and money. ...and all of this is started by republicans supporting corporations.

I just find republicans to be too much trouble. This is just for your information.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thank you for asking an intelligent question, and I have just the answer for you.

Republicans like to lower taxes.

1) War and Post office are the ONLY think the Federal Government is constitutionally allowed to fund. Though today the Democrats have a lot more added to the budget, and so do republicans.

2) Republicans want to cut spending in areas that are VERY expensive for the Federal Government, such as Social Services, which are better left to State Governments anyways.

Because of that, Republicans can afford Tax cuts.

Republicans promote what this country stands for, Federalism.

While Democrats want one Almighty Central Government funded by a 60% flat tax rate.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Oh also if you think Republicans support HUGE companies you're wrong.

Republicans support all businesses, especially Small Businesses (Why do you think Nevada is such a good place to start a business? Hell here they'll refund your money if they don't process your papers within a month!).

Democrats support ONE business, and that would be the same as Big Government, they are centralizing everything!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Thank you for asking an intelligent question, and I have just the answer for you.

Republicans like to lower taxes.

1) War and Post office are the ONLY think the Federal Government is constitutionally allowed to fund. Though today the Democrats have a lot more added to the budget, and so do republicans.

2) Republicans want to cut spending in areas that are VERY expensive for the Federal Government, such as Social Services, which are better left to State Governments anyways.

Because of that, Republicans can afford Tax cuts.

Republicans promote what this country stands for, Federalism.

While Democrats want one Almighty Central Government funded by a 60% flat tax rate.

About intellengent questions, I have been noticing the other "republican" topics haven't been that intellengent. That's why I made my own. Thanks for noticing too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although the federal government funds all of this, where do you think all the money comes from? Taxes, bonds, and etc. This takes it's toll on the people.

"Republicans want to cut spending in areas that are VERY expensive for the Federal Government, such as Social Services, which are better left to State Governments anyways."

Remember the great depression? That is why we have Social Services. It would work better in the state government though (it couldn't be spent on war). Because now that we have had a war, with no funding but through the National Reserve Bank, we have lost the Social Service money and people are going to have to keep working. But at the same time we have the problem of unemployment. So they are going to have a really hard time.

...and why? You can answer that.

Any questions, thoughts, excuses, just need a hug?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh also if you think Republicans support HUGE companies you're wrong.

Republicans support all businesses, especially Small Businesses (Why do you think Nevada is such a good place to start a business? Hell here they'll refund your money if they don't process your papers within a month!).

Democrats support ONE business, and that would be the same as Big Government, they are centralizing everything!

The way they kill off small business is through supporting big business much more. Big business are now in much more tax relief while small businesses have to normal tax rates. During this, big businesses can afford to force out small business.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well the Tax cut was severly hampered as Democrats in Congress wanted it to better benifit the "people" and so cuts in the business aspect were made to lower it to the top 3 tax brackets...the way small businesses are helped by Republicans is generally the monetary incentives given out by state governments.

While Federal Government focuses on the bigger industries.

The Democrats leave no such provisions, as they want to oust State Governments from most everything and fund everything themselves.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I as well as everyone else appreciates a counter-republican topic without a democrat screaming about he is opressed and mad at the whole big world.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
Remember the great depression? That is why we have Social Services. It would work better in the state government though (it couldn't be spent on war).

This is also a very good point.

Our government's strongest point was that it slides in position.

In the Depression we became very "communistic" to give people jobs.

We don't need that now, so that policy should be removed, it's killing our Republic.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
Remember the great depression? That is why we have Social Services. It would work better in the state government though (it couldn't be spent on war).

This is also a very good point.

Our government's strongest point was that it slides in position.

In the Depression we became very "communistic" to give people jobs.

We don't need that now, so that policy should be removed, it's killing our Republic.

It isn't that way really. It is something that insures the whole country's well being. If there isn't any insurance on this issue, there is a chance people will fall into it again. Basicly it protects the freedoms of people.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you want to see exactly what the government is allowed to use taxes on, go to the constitution. Whiole there, you'll also see exactly what the government's responsibilities are. Today, it goes well beyond its scope and limitations and therefore costs us more than we should pay.

The statement that republicans like to wage war is not one that has any merit as there are variables that have to be scrutinized. That statement alone makes it sound as if a Republican administraion will just go and pounce upon a peaceful nation such as New Zealand without any provocation. It can also be said just as easily that the Democratic administrations are too weak to use military might to protect our nation but aren't afraid to spend the citizen's tax money. A look at history, however, will prove that to be incorrect and a trait they have picked up in only the last couple Democratic administrations.

Cutting taxes and spending money.
It has been proven over and again that when taxes are cut the economy is spurred, spending, both on the consumer side as well as the supplier side increases, businesses grow, the tax base expands and the federal revenue collected actually grows substantially. This isn't a Republican concept, unless you call Jack Kennedy a Republican. Reagan used this strategy and created alot more money to use against the Soviets. Problem was it cost more than that to finally win the Cold War.
Taxes are used more as a weapon against certain segments of society, creating strife among the economic levels of citizens and jealousy with the social programs, once intended to help people, but are now a means of stripping dignity and manhood from certain aprts of the community.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
I as well as everyone else appreciates a counter-republican topic without a democrat screaming about he is opressed and mad at the whole big world.

It won't last long. Some moron will notice a rational and reasonable discussion of concepts and ideas and will do their best to derail it.

As this thread seems to be a beautiful and fragile flower taking root, I will fertilize it with a proper measurment of "censureship" if ne'er-do-wells attempt to highjack it.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by goregrinder

It won't last long. Some moron will notice a rational and reasonable discussion of concepts and ideas and will do their best to derail it.

As this thread seems to be a beautiful and fragile flower taking root, I will fertilize it with a proper measurment of "censureship" if ne'er-do-wells attempt to highjack it.

True indeed. All we need is an idiot.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by Cammo Dude]

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You been guarding Area51 lately Cammo? Like the name. (Sorry to interrupt)

new topics

top topics

join