It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Bakker Sued For Selling Fake Coronavirus Cure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Blue Shift

You mean like those evil bastards at the National Institute of Health?
Colloidal silver as an antimicrobial agent: fact or fiction?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yep -- them's would be the ones! Or at least some of the ones.

It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. They know that silver has healing properties because their own studies tell them so! But then we're told that it's "quackery" and "snake oil" and so on.

But I truly believe it is more sinister than simple ineptitude.

You didn't read the abstract that was linked, I believe. Allow me to post it here. Bold parts are mine:

n an agar-well diffusion assay none of the three colloidal silver solutions had any effect on the growth of the test organisms. All tested bacterial strains were sensitive to ciprofloxacin. Colloidal silver 22 ppm showed no bactericidal activity in phenol coefficient tests.

CONCLUSION:
As the tested colloidal silver solutions did not show any antimicrobial effect in vitro on the microorganisms, claims of colloidal silver's antimicrobial potency are misleading and there is no place for it as an antiseptic.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wonder if you just get and old dime and suck on it....will the acid in your mouth break down the molecular structure.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
a reply to: one4all
i love colloidal silver. i use it every time i feel a cold coming on. i never get sick
Be careful, if you start to look like a smurf (turn blue) you've taken too much, and your color won't return to normal when you stop taking it.

What Is Argyria?

Argyria is a rare skin condition that can happen if silver builds up in your body over a long time.

It can turn your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails, and gums a blue-gray color, especially in areas of your body exposed to sunlight. That change in your skin color is permanent.

originally posted by: FredT
So Im on the fence on this one:

We should protect those stupid enough to buy into old Jim.

VS.

If your that stupid maybe we are better off without you
Well the silver doesn't seem to be toxic enough to kill Bakker's followers, and they probably haven't even turned into smurfs yet since that takes a while unless they get high doses, and he hasn't been at this scam long. But Bakker's followers really want to take colloidal silver, they can just find other sources after Jim Bakker's "cure" gets shut down. Bakker's problem was his claims went too far. The other sources just need to be careful about what claims they make, and they can keep selling colloidal silver if their claims don't go too far.

Though, they might not warn people that argyria is a permanent change.

edit on 2020312 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Wasn't the dude given a handshake prison term a while ago for being a con man? Yet he got out and went right back to it, just in a lower key. I say, put him back in jail where he can help make hand sanitizer for the state of New York.

Yep. That was him. It was obvious that he was a shady character even before he got busted the first time but he was hollering about religion so that deactivated their brains long enough for him to relieve them of their cash.

I was honestly surprised but not surprised a couple years ago to find that he had gotten out and simply gone back to it like nothing happened. Heaven only knows how many retirement funds he's drained over the years.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I combine Jim's silver anti-viral with AJ's bone broth, now I can eat Ebola like potato chips.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why don't we just eat Ebola FLAVOURED potato chips?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

There is absolutely no doubt of the healing qualities of silver. The question is why so many are so determined to convince us otherwise...

They aren't. I work in healthcare. Silver is used all over the place. It's not curing anyone's HIV and pretty unlikely he is curing anyone's Corona.

There is a difference between saying silver has an effect, and him claiming he can cure things.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Atsbhct

Send the bastard to China.

he could go on a nice mission trip to china
like those nice gemstone boys did

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
IF you act now, you can get a second coronavirus bucket for 50% off.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Why don't we just eat Ebola FLAVOURED potato chips?

That is possibly the funniest thing I read all day, 'flavoUred'. Obviously the virus has messed up your spelling capabilities.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I work in healthcare. Silver is used all over the place.

Yup. The first I ever heard of silver's medical use was when a family member was burned in a kitchen grease fire and her mom was flabbergasted at the cost of the silver ointment used.

It's not curing anyone's HIV...

There are plenty of personal testimonies saying otherwise. I'm pretty sure no one can say that conclusively. Absence of evidence is not absence of truth.

There is a difference between saying silver has an effect, and him claiming he can cure things.

Just like there's a difference between saying silver is a "fake" cure and saying it's not FDA approved. There is no doubt that medical science needs more research to better understand silver and how it works, especially in the body.

As I understand it, there is also no doubt that silver kills virtually all viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc., in vitro. And it is amazing for external uses where it can be directly applied to an infection. That isn't so easy or effective when taken internally.

I'm a huge silver fan, but I would not take it orally for the coronavirus. I would not expect it cure the coronavirus. I would consider it one weapon in my arsenal to treat specific symptoms. I would use it to gargle with for a sore throat, or ear infections, or in my vaporizer for a lung infection.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I'm a huge silver fan, but I would not take it orally for the coronavirus.

I am. I'm combining hemorrhoidal silver, tumorlick and moleasses into the most powerful anti-everything on the planet. Want some?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nobody can fear monger like a televangelist can fear monger. The MSM has nothing on Bakker.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...hemorrhoidal silver, tumorlick and moleasses into the most powerful anti-everything on the planet. Want some?

You got me. You got me good. I was drinking hot chocolate when I read that... my poor screen.

Not cool.

But excellent. I've now had my belly laugh for the morning -- thank you!

And thanks but no thanks for the... um... oh-so-generous offer...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm a huge silver fan, but I would not take it orally for the coronavirus.

I am. I'm combining hemorrhoidal silver, tumorlick and moleasses into the most powerful anti-everything on the planet. Want some?

So that's the kool-aid all the anti-Trumpers are drinking, it all makes sense now.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Are they? I'm not worried about this virus like both of the panic pants parties are.

edit on 13-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Nobody can fear monger like a televangelist can fear monger

pfffttt
you obviously have not watched any of the dnc presidential candidate debates
all fear all the time
they are going to put you back in chains man

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Once a con-artist, always a con-artist. Look, Jim was a televangelist. There is no greater tell for grift in any poker game. Jim Bakker will be trying to sell driveway re-sealing until the day he dies. He is a shyster bread and spread, cradle-to-grave.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
pfffttt
you obviously have not watched any of the dnc presidential candidate debates
all fear all the time

pfffttt.

I have watched the debates, and have yet to see any candidate slinging buckets of coffee packets to use as currency when corona brings about the end of western civilization. LMAO!

Take off the blinders, bub. No candidate, or MSM outlet even comes close to fear mongering like Bakker does.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join