It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!--60.8 Million Americans Infected, 12,500 Dead, 300K Hospitalized

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
NO...I'm NOT talking about Covid-19.

I'm talking about another pandemic--The 2009 Swine Flu.

2009 SWINE FLU:

There were 657 deaths in California, alone.
231 confirmed deaths in Texas.
230 confirmed deaths in Florida.
206 confirmed deaths in New York.

12,000 Americans died...and almost 60 Million were infected!

The 2009 flu pandemic in the United States was a novel strain of the Influenza A/H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as "swine flu", that began in the spring of 2009. The virus had spread to the US from an outbreak in Mexico.

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.cdc.gov...

The FIRST confirmed case was in APRIL 21st. 2009 (California).
The FIRST confirmed death occurred on MAY 4th. 2009.

It wasn't until almost 6 months later, OCTOBER 24th, 2009, that President Obama FINALLY declared Swine Flu a national emergency.
Was he criticized for inaction?

I don't remember the DOW going through what is happening now.
I don't remember the MSM driving PANIC...as it is doing now.

...and I certainly don't remember OBAMA being blamed for the outbreak by the MSM and the Republican Party.

So WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

If you guessed "POLITICS"...give yourself a gold star!

2020 is an election year!

edit on 12-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Biden is on tv now blaming Trump and (I think) a ground squirrel for China's outbreak.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Look... I know a vast majority of people catch this and get over it.

But I don't know if politics explains it all. Is China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, and Japan all in on the fear for our politics?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I am wondering is this Is possibly The New World Orders last stand. Too many inconvenient unanswered questions surrounding the entire situation along with many freaked out political players just based on the numbers.

Kind of like the Battle of The Bulge in WWII when the you know who guys were trying one last attempt.

Especially this one that NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT

Mystery surrounds ouster of Chinese researchers from Canadian laboratory By Brian OwensJul. 19, 2019 , 3:40 PM

edit on 12-3-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 12-3-2020 by Waterglass because: added link

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have a really deep concern that [5] current and former high ranking Iranian officials died from Coronavirus. Seems a tad high based on their lifestyle and connections.

I do recall that the Coronavirus in Iran was preceded by a huge die off of Flamingos migrating back to iran. It was blamed on poisoned maggots? Strange.

Some 6,000 migratory birds die mysteriously in Iran's Miankaleh peninsula

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

the internet can give you an answer, google for example. but you are not really interested in answers, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You have hit the nail right upon the head, seems like a quaint pathway to the Chapter 1, AGENDA 21.. .. So to speak..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
US government didnt give a # until it was too late, obviously because they didnt wanted to affect the market, because the life of the US citizens is not the priority.

the covid-19 panic started when China took the necessary measures against it (that the entire world criticized)

edit on 12-3-2020 by Peserc because: add the last phrase

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I do remember it overtaking the headlines at the time.

I do remember a little panic. Maybe because two of my children were a part of that 60 million people infected.

I also remember the doctor telling me and my wife that they needed to be hospitalized but there wasnt any open rooms or beds in the hospital. I remember being frightened that my children's health could turn for the worse at any minute.

Do you remember that?

I do.....

I think that just maybe we've learned a little something over the years and would like to keep the numbers down a hair this time. I mean after all it could be you, your children, or your loved ones that are told, "were so sorry, there are not any hospital beds open, just monitor their health and if it gets worse just call".

I remember it reall well.
edit on 12-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have a really deep concern that [5] current and former high ranking Iranian officials died from Coronavirus. Seems a tad high based on their lifestyle and connections.

I do recall that the Coronavirus in Iran was preceded by a huge die off of Flamingos migrating back to iran. It was blamed on poisoned maggots? Strange.

Some 6,000 migratory birds die mysteriously in Iran's Miankaleh peninsula

These Iranian leaders are getting infected by bullets to the brain.
There's a political purge taking place in the Iranian gov.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have one brother who has PhD degrees in Genetic Engineering and Microbiology and he works in that field. His daughter in law is also a PhD in Infectious Diseases and she works in that field .

For three weeks he sat on the fence over Coronavirus looking primarily at the speed of transition as compared t other flu and viruses.

He has since gone full jihad in that he agrees with your train of thought.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Not really comparable.

The flu infects millions in the US every year and kills thousands. So it's not until it gets really bad that it becomes anomalous. Furthermore, it is also a disease that every doctor's office is prepared to test for.

Another thing worth mentioning is that flu season doesn't really kick in until September and reaches its peak around January. So it makes sense that an emergency wasn't declared until we actually knew what thi expect from that year.

This strain of coronavirus on the other hand is an unknown variable. We only have a few months of data and the validity of much of it is questionable. That said, from what we've seen in China, it spreads as easily as the flu, if not easier, and has a higher mortality rate among certain demographics. On top of that our ability to test for it is almost nonexistent and it takes longer for a person to display symptoms while still being contagious.

Only one side seems to be trying to politicize this pandemic.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Look... I know a vast majority of people catch this and get over it.

But I don't know if politics explains it all. Is China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, and Japan all in on the fear for our politics?

Mass hysteria through propaganda. Very much a Psych-op. The average person just sees a reaction and thinks something must be wrong. They don't take the time to actually analyze the situation or look into the data.

Way too many coincidences....

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I wonder why Joe Biden did not talk about what a swell job he and Obama did in 2009 with the swine flu? He just gave a lengthy speech outlining how he thinks President Trump has failed.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

2009 SWINE FLU:

The 2009 flu pandemic in the United States was a novel strain of the Influenza A/H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as "swine flu", that began in the spring of 2009. The virus had spread to the US from an outbreak in Mexico.

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died.

en.wikipedia.org...

It wasn't until almost 6 months later, OCTOBER 24th, 2009, that President Obama FINALLY declared Swine Flu a national emergency.

...and I certainly don't remember OBAMA being blamed for the outbreak by the MSM and the Republican Party.

The difference is swamping our Hospitals.

Have you seen Italy?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I wonder why Joe Biden did not talk about what a swell job he and Obama did in 2009 with the swine flu? He just gave a lengthy speech outlining how he thinks President Trump has failed.

12,000 US fatalities vs. 39 US fatalities.

Swine flu killed mostly the young and physically healthy...including 1200 children.
Covid-19 kills almost exclusively the elderly and those with serious underlying pre-existing health conditions.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is their last hope and the MSM and never trumpers are going full retard.

They are all praying for an economic collapse, but they can't do the math because even in the worst case scenario by election time this Wuhan Virus will be in our rearview mirror.
The lies and omission of the swine flu you referenced is quite amazing, I wonder if the public will be able to see the facts and numbers you listed juxtaposed to the Wuhan Virus by the MSM?
Would love to see George Stephanopoulos report the numbers and facts behind the O'biden and Obama administration's handling of the Swine flu crisis and the market reaction.

Just like we have seen since the 2016 election to now, whenever Trump looks like he may be in trouble with the narrative he always comes through it and the MSM and never trumpers move onto another hoax scandal, this will be no different, the media has lost it's ability to effectively spin.

originally posted by: IAMTAT

2009 SWINE FLU:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's only a matter of time before Americans get fed up with this over-reaction by our institutions. People here in Chicago are angry that the Saint Patty's Day parade is canceled for Saturday. It's a big deal to this city.

No usa crisis! - www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
difference is this one is a bioweapon designed to kill.

THe the death rate we are hearing is bull#.

The deaths are in the millions in China not the 1000's.

The Chinese also just blamed the US for manufacturing it. www.zerohedge.com...

so prepare to be in war with Chinese for a couple years as well.

I expect the election to be cancelled and have Marshal Law in about a month or two.

I still think buying gold and silver is your best option.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
H1n1 killed 737 people in china with a R0 of 1.2

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join