It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like open borders now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Every leftist wannabe faux commie screeches from the highest virtue signalling social media peaks the grandiosity of a world where no borders exist to restrict people.

But a world without borders is a dangerous illusion, one that only a self induced stupor of ignorance would foster.

Because everyone knows countries must have borders.

Borders to define boundaries, not boundaries of greed but of ethnicities that have ancestral roots. Today's people who want a one world society already have it, via the world wide web. What they think they want, and what is needed are vastly different if not opposed.

Want versus need....

As a global society we all want people to have the same equal rights as the others. But that's unrealistic. Look at the third world and what it needs before naively taking for granted what luxuries you're using at this very moment.

Just reading these letters is a luxury....in any country besides a first world one. First world problems, aren't even real world problems. Face it. Social media peaks are a house of cards.

Make sure that which we stand for, as a people, is a solid foundation. Or it will all fall tumbling down...

You can't have open borders and freak out over global influenzas going global. That's exactly what was asked for...

These colds are least of our worries to be honest.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

But a world without borders is a dangerous illusion, one that only a self induced stupor of ignorance would foster.

And one that only a person with a self-induced stupor of ignorance would believe people are pushing for.

The idea that any political party wants to completely open all borders is a right wing fever dream. I can’t believe people are stupid enough to keep falling for that tired old line again, and again. Then I take a look at the toilet paper aisle in Wal-Mart and I’m reminded who I’m dealing with.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Every leftist wannabe faux commie screeches from the highest virtue signalling social media peaks the grandiosity of a world where no borders exist to restrict people.

Move to mudpit. No constructive talk to be had here. Why even bother with a reasonable response when the OP is based in hype and emotion. You know well that the number of people actually advocating for 'no borders' is basically non-existent. But that won't get your thread any traffic. Stay classy ATS and let's keep at least a little bit of dignity in the non-mudpit threads.

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No it aint, just watch countless videos of your preferred politicians. Inviting everyone here for "free" everything.

link   
Not really for open borders but kinda dumb to think they has sweet FA to do with this, the infected arrived on cruise ships and airports.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The only way I want open boarders is if we invade and conquer our neighbors , but unfortunately we are the ones being invaded and slowly rotting away from it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: underwerks

No it aint, just watch countless videos of your preferred politicians. Inviting everyone here for "free" everything.

The don't play those videos on HuffPost or MSNBC so he isn't aware of his favorite leftist actual position on the topic...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
1. Mad because disease is proliferating in their cities.
2 Mad because Government bans travel to slow disease.

Typical liberal revolving door of irrational and illogical reasoning.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
11:59 - this covid-19 stuff is mass histeria, people are losin their #

00:00 - OMG beware the infected mexicans are going to take your jobs and kill your grandmas

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It is confusing for many - But not for all - especially those truly paying attention

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Since the infected arrived here on plans and ships i don't see how it matters?

Do you think we wouldn't have an outbreak in the usa if the borders had been closed?

How would closing the borders now help anything?

We would need to close down the entire country and not allow anyone from anywhere to enter. But I'm guessing your only worried about people from the south right?

Do people from the south have a higher risk of infection in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Tom Hanks and his wife can't infect anyone in the US now. They are stuck in Australia that's how.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

And one that only a person with a self-induced stupor of ignorance would believe people are pushing for.

The idea that any political party wants to completely open all borders is a right wing fever dream. I can’t believe people are stupid enough to keep falling for that tired old line again, and again. Then I take a look at the toilet paper aisle in Wal-Mart and I’m reminded who I’m dealing with.

The left wants to;
Decriminalize border crossings (resulting in insufficient vetting)
Has refused and actually fought against properly securing our porous borders
Let anyone in that claims to be a "refugee"
Doesn't want people detained at the border in "cages". So, roam free until we call your number.
Refuses to enforce federal laws in regards to illegal immigrants
Wants to support illegals with our welfare programs ASAP
Refuses to detain criminal illegals

If that's not wanting open borders, it's one hell of an invitation for any and every wanna-be migrant on the planet that shows up to walk on in and be fully taken care of, all on the hard working Americans dime. Of course there's a catch, we want you to sign up and vote for all these great gov officials that are on your side and taking care of you.

edit on 12-3-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

The left wants to;
Doesn't want people detained at the border in "cages". So, roam free until we call your number.

If that's not wanting open borders, it's one hell of an invitation for any and every wanna-be migrant on the planet that shows up, to walk on in and be fully taken care of, all on the hard working Americans dime. Of course there's a catch, we want you to sign up and vote for all these great gov officials that are on your side and taking care of you.

Some of these folks can't read between the lines. Unless some politician literally says they are for open borders they can't see how their policies become de facto open borders.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: mtnshredder

The left wants to;

If that's not wanting open borders, it's one hell of an invitation for any and every wanna-be migrant on the planet that shows up, to walk on in and be fully taken care of, all on the hard working Americans dime. Of course there's a catch, we want you to sign up and vote for all these great gov officials that are on your side and taking care of you.

Some of these folks can't read between the lines. Unless some politician literally says they are for open borders they can't see how their policies become de facto open borders.

Yep. I'm not sure what part of "Sanctuary cities" they think we don't get?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I initially thought that the restriction of flights from Europe was excessive till I heard that open borders in Europe are why we stopped people coming in from Europe. I do agree with how they are handling this after thinking about it for a few minutes after watching the speech last night. We do not know where the people flying here from Europe originated from. The month restriction is adequate, it will slow the spread of it in this country and make it so the hospitals are not overburdened and can build resources before it hits us worse. I guess they are handling this appropriately in DC. Way better than the way Obama handled his major illness outbreak during his term in office.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Out break in the USofA or not, porous borders have consequences. I wasn't talking about America specifically.

I didn't mention any Nation or Country, you did.

You're assumption is that I actually care how borders are crossed. I do not.

Open borders are crossed by planes, trains and automobiles.
Hell even the Nike express is utilized in the act.

Don't read too much into trying to assume what I meant.

I typed exactly what I wanted to say. All that extra junk you're adding in, is all you.

The virus don't give a rats rear end about geophysical location, ethnicity or sports team preference. It's irrelevant, like the bait question you asked.

What makes you think I was referring to the South?
I'm from frickin Michigan dude!

Get your trolling head, out of your arse.

You might get a better view of the world.

FYI, stop assuming people mean something else than what they type. I'm not a damned politician, I'm not here to fleece you and lie.

I just express my perspective from a different view.
Honestly, I don't really care what others think.
I'm not here for debating or argument.

If you don't like what my disposition is, oh freaking well.
No one ever asked you to. Especially me...

So pull up a chair, grab a drink and let's set aside petty divisionist agenda's and not allow each other to be consumed by petty differences.

In the end, the media left is blowing every single thing out of proportion. Because it gets them ratings. End of story.

Turn the TV off, switch social media circles and get out of the hall o mirrors echo chamber.

Looking at everything with the same perspective, results in never seeing the different sights to be seen.

I refuse to go with the steam, I always find my own way. Never assume I want to travel with the crowd. I don't.

Take your cookie cutter lifestyle and keep it. Not for me.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Covid spreads mostly because of people doing business with each other and tourism.

The ignorance is rampant on this site.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Bit dense you are, methinks. Noosing the borders to a close doesn't stop legit foreign travelers with visas and citizens coming back from abroad from bringing in disease. For f#s sake, we couldn't even manage to keep a NY neighborhood of Orthodox Jews with a localized measles outbreak isolated all that well. We didn't end up with the epidemic the paranoid harped about, either, but that's neither here nor there.
Just what in the ever-loving hell makes you think "sealing borders" but not nixing incoming & outgoing travel is going to do anything? Talk about head up a derriere.
edit on 3/12/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Covid spreads mostly because of people doing business with each other and tourism.

The ignorance is rampant on this site.

OH, so it cannot spread by having a pourous border? Is that right?

Talk about ignorance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join