It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you as prepared as these people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

This is in Tennessee. The state I live in. This is what I see when preople are panicky. It's ridiculous. I've had a few people call me a jerk, both here and in person. But this is some next level stuff. These people are living in 2100. I mean check out the grocery bag shoes and the self-asphyxiation/blinders.

Look at that teen looking kid getting sprayed down. Effin embarrassing lol. These are the kinds of parents that teach or cause their kids to grow up paranoid or or think the world is ending every year.

Heck, maybe there's some hope. Maybe the kids will realize their parents are ridiculous

Hit up my in-box is your interested in my hand made grocery bag faceshield, and trash bag hazmat suit. I'm selling them dirt cheap. $20 a set.

I'm working on a respirator. I'm starting trials during my lunch breal, and offering free samples at work. I don't want to give the design specifics out, as I haven't patented it yet. But it's toilet paper that I've scientifically and methodically placed into a toilet paper tube. I'll be working a new design afterwards that will last longer. I'm thinking a paper towel tube will do the trick.
edit on 1232020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1232020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

These are the kind of people that made me realize that some people actually enjoy panicking.
It appears to give them something to get worked up about in their otherwise mundane lives.
"It's like one of those movies! Let's get really into it! Big scares don't happen every day, ya know!"

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Some of these locals don't appear to be speaking any language I've ever heard.

But I've got more plastic bags than that one lady, and I know how to cover BOTH of my shoes with them, so I think I'll be okay

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is why the .gov doesn't want people to buy out all the masks. People have no idea how to use them.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm working on a respirator. I'm starting trials during my lunch breal, and offering free samples at work. I don't want to give the design specifics out, as I haven't patented it yet. But it's toilet paper that I've scientifically and methodically placed into a toilet paper tube. I'll be working a new design afterwards that will last longer. I'm thinking a paper towel tube will do the trick.

I like it. Much better than my plastic bag stuffed with squirrels.

My earlier design was to just simply duct tape the squirrels to my face but the scratching and biting became annoying, thus the plastic bag.

edit on 12-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Are you as prepared as these people?

Prepared is not the descriptor that should be used in this case.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ahahahaha, DIY body bag's.

Seriously this will not help them one bit but it may spark a new craze like those guy's that regularly dress up and jump off of piers around the world pretending to fly.

Sorry I know it's a serious situation but other than isolation - which will leave a person with no immunity to the virus should it become a seasonal and permanent fixture which looks to be likely - there is no way to prevent exposure to it, if one person tests positive then at least twenty to a hundred others already have it and it is at it's most contageous in it's early stages when people are not feeling that ill at all.

Hey I don't have a pair of old wellington's so DO sometime's wrap thick plastic bag's around my shoes if I am doing light gardening but those bag's even the thick one's are never very hard wearing and if I am doing anything for more than 5 minutes out there then it become's self defeating so you just have to say, new pair of shoes and leave the wrecked ones in the yard.

So while I find it funny, practically speaking I can see were she is coming from but it just will not do one iota of good.

edit on 12-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow, a little yellow alien is being interviewed. How cool.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I like it. Much better than my plastic bag stuffed with squirrels.

My earlier design was to just simply duct tape the squirrels to my face but the scratching and biting became annoying, thus the plastic bag.

I'm surprised you're even willing to go near the evil bastards lol. I got attacked by a whole gang of them in middle school. They ran off with all my fundraiser candy.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crosswinds

These are the kind of people that made me realize that some people actually enjoy panicking.
It appears to give them something to get worked up about in their otherwise mundane lives.
"It's like one of those movies! Let's get really into it! Big scares don't happen every day, ya know!"

Something to do between Christmas and Easter?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

This is why the .gov doesn't want people to buy out all the masks. People have no idea how to use them.

Yeah, I mean people who wear masks like this are probably mouth breathers. They probably don't think their nose actually serve a purpose other than smelling.

Yes, I know smelling is the same as breathing. But who knows what other people think.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You're supposed to use Bunnies, not Squirrels. Good Lord, I thought everyone knew that. SMH...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
Some of these locals don't appear to be speaking any language I've ever heard.

But I've got more plastic bags than that one lady, and I know how to cover BOTH of my shoes with them, so I think I'll be okay

It's english man lol. If you're being for real though. I'll transcribe it when I get back to the house.

I'll give you a hint though. You've probably seen people on here mocking it by typing it out.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't have enough time or ambition to go paranoid schizo nutcase over a bad flu outbreak. If they survive and I kick the bucket, then I guess the laugh will be on me, huh?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok humor me here, conspiracy forum and all, but don't you think this is a bit too out there? I mean we've got all these headlines discouraging people away from the use of PPE, claiming people use it wrong, and all around making anyone wearing any protective equipment appear to be a naive or overreacting.

Then here comes this woman, complete with laughably improper mask, covered in trash/grocery bags, all set to give an interview. Not ONLY that but they put it alongside a woman wiping down her son's backpack (which seemed perfectly sensible). They open with something clearly ridiculous and frame it in a way that lumps reasonable precaution right in with it.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she was paid to put on a show. It's a false equivalency and a straw man argument rolled into one, and fits the playbook too perfectly. I don't have a lot of faith in humanity, but I'm not buying this one. It reeks of manufactured propaganda imo.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Occam78
Ok humor me here, conspiracy forum and all, but don't you think this is a bit too out there? I mean we've got all these headlines discouraging people away from the use of PPE, claiming people use it wrong, and all around making anyone wearing any protective equipment appear to be a naive or overreacting.

Then here comes this woman, complete with laughably improper mask, covered in trash/grocery bags, all set to give an interview. Not ONLY that but they put it alongside a woman wiping down her son's backpack (which seemed perfectly sensible). They open with something clearly ridiculous and frame it in a way that lumps reasonable precaution right in with it.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she was paid to put on a show. It's a false equivalency and a straw man argument rolled into one, and fits the playbook too perfectly. I don't have a lot of faith in humanity, but I'm not buying this one. It reeks of manufactured propaganda imo.

Occam man. There really are people who will dress up like this. They're poor, and they're doing what they think is the best they can do to protect themselves. Could there be more education on prevention and hygiene? Most definitely.

I can understand wiping a kid's backpack down. Should the parent be making a show out of it? Not in my opinion. Should she maybe empower her son, and teach him how to disinfect his own personal effects? I think that would be a better thing to do.

The father spraying his son down? Ridiculous, and probably doing more harm than good.

The woman talking in the beginning(the same one wiping her kid's bag down) seems like another media attempt to create soundbites, and create another meme akin to "Hide yo wife. Hide yo kids."

But, this is hysteria we are talking about. You put people prone to hysteria in front of a camera, especially a news camera, and they're going to act in a manner tonget the attention they want.

That old lady in the garbage and shopping bag get up? She's the realest one they showed. She shows her outfit, and how she's already worn through one of the bags on her feet. Did you hear the last thing she says?

She said "The flu kills the most folks anyways. So, what's up? We're all going to die anyways."

She knows she can't afford the proper preventative measures. She's been around long enough to know there's no guarantee to not contract the virus.

Did she dress like that for attention? Probably. Is she a media plant? Maybe, but I don't think it's likely.

I think she just happened to be standing nearby, or maybe the news van passed by her on the way to or from the school, and seeing how ridiculous she looked just coukdn't resist the opportunity to giver her a little interview.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I apologize for what I said earlier about this lady, she is just a scared old lady and if we put our humor out the way for a moment and try to think with empathy and compassion it is more sad than it will ever be funny, I hope someone out there cares about her and she is not alone.

new topics

top topics

join