It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GREAT 2020 Toilet Paper Panic Conspiracy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Didn’t know daihrea was a symptom of the flu, there you go

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My husband made a Walmart run yesterday and sent me pics of all the empty aisles...even the paper towels and napkins were empty. I stopped at CVS on my way home and was amazed to see fully stocked shelves of toilet paper, paper towels, AND napkins. At checkout, the lady in front of me was talking about how she had been to Walmart, Target, Dollar General and couldn't find any toilet paper. So of course, she had her shopping cart stuffed with it.

I still do not get the whole "toilet paper hording" that is going on. What is it about toilet paper?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Disposable diapers could easily be substituted with cloth ones.

I know in today's throwaway society that many people wouldn't even consider the cloth alternative, but you're right.

I saw an image yesterday of a woman with a cart overflowing with diapers, and the accompanying story was that she was unrepentant about giving away even one package to a young mother....basically a "tough luck" scenario.

Situations like these have a tendency to bring out the worst in people.

Damn them all.

(Also, you're right about pet food...we're stocked up for a while, have been for a couple of weeks now...kitty will get her kibble....thank the merciful stars.)

I just worry that panic buying will lead to more panic buying as the situation keeps playing out.

I'm vulnerable here...we don't have a car and walk everywhere...including for groceries. We're good for about eight armloads of goods before our arms break...and my bad back makes it damn near impossible to accompany my husband on our trek.

Like I said before....damn them all.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo

I still do not get the whole "toilet paper hording" that is going on. What is it about toilet paper?

I have a plan to put all my junk mail, newspapers, and old phone books out in the road and the traffic should soften it up so it can be a useful product in the kitchen or bath.

edit on 13-3-2020 by olaru12 because: syntax repair

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Whatever the reason for the Buttwipe Panic, stoking it won't work in my house.

I already have a stash of washables (i.e old washcloths & rags cut to comfortable size) for butt wiping purposes, if need ever be it. My washer's sanitizing cycle gets the water pretty damn hot, it's a toasty bleach soak & wash. Between that, and a high heat dry in the dryer, we're good if the TP is MIA in stores. Our butts will still get wiped, while everyone else will complain and cry when they run out of that hoarded TP, mwuahahahaha.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A little dirty, but at times like these you got to do what you got to do.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The Olaru family has decided to just run the garden hose into the bathroom window, hose'r down and dryer off, like they do in France.

edit on 13-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A little dirty, but at times like these you got to do what you got to do.

So true...

See above for our other solution. It's just to much work to go out and collect the soften paper in the road and the county call it littering.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Not to sound crass...but people from where I live would call that a "white-trash bidet". Very ingenious.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Yeah, most people won't consider cloth diapers or don't even know they exist. My kids were cloth diapered, though, and we used cloth wipes on their little tushies, so I'm already well-acquainted with the sanitizing washing of things that clean up a butt. A number of my friends also did the same with their kids, but overall, it's by no means even a large minority of folks who go that route.

And as a penny-pincher plus, they're a good investment that pays for itself fast and lasts forever. I still use their old tri-folds for regular house cleaning

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The Olaru family has decided to just run the garden hose into the bathroom window, hose'r down and dryer off, like they do in France.

LMAO, when my older kid was starting to potty train, she decided she was going to wash after using the toilet every time. So while someone else was doing the pee dance or something outside the bathroom waiting for her to get out of there, she was in the shower washing herself up XD We still joke about it today, "What's taking so long in there, what are you doing in there, washing your butt??" XD

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Don’t start with common sense, can’t afford to have that spreading amongst the plebs.
To simple isn’t it

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Not to sound crass...but people from where I live would call that a "white-trash bidet". Very ingenious.

Crass?

I revel in the "white trash" label. My current lady is from Webster and always lays it on me when I drink American beer.

I guess anything but Corona is ok now.

Don't you just love cultural surrealism!!

btw....Damn, your dia los Muertos avy is so appropriate in our current milieu. Also, got a house for sale in Kirkwood...interested?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Crass?

I revel in the "white trash" label. My current lady is from Webster and always lays it on me when I drink American beer.

I believe everyone is still allowed Corona...just don't forget the lime

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Crass?

I believe everyone is still allowed Corona...just don't forget the lime

I wonder how Lyme disease and this Corona virus would taste.

btaim....We always make a Juarez run to stock up on cheap booze and found it odd that the stores in Mexico haven't had a run on TP.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I was at Kroger with my wife yesterday. TP isle was cleaned out but we were able to find a beat up 9 roll pack (we were just out and needed more, not trying to stock up), the cases of water were limited to 3, and the Ramen noodles were almost cleared out. Today the store was nearly empty. Pharmacy lines were stretched around several isles, too.

Meanwhile, at SAMS CLUB...........

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

I ended up also buying rolls of Viva paper towels because they're soft and stretchy.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I had a hunch and did a little "sleuthing" and I'm firmly convinced the TP shortage is due to people profiteering.

On eBay a 6 pack is going for roughly $50 USD.

Some smart-asses are charging per square and one genius had a bright idea to list a nine pack for one million USD.

It's a consumable, something most people can't do without, so just like people buying bottled water and selling it an enormous markup during a hurricane, it's just lowbrow capitalism. Make a dollar any way you can.

Damn the lot of them.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
At the White House news conference declaring a national emergency, didn't I hear the Walmart CEO say that he's setting drive-thru Toilet Paper and CoronaFlu Test Kit dispensaries in the parking lots of all stores?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Elostone

I ended up also buying rolls of Viva paper towels because they're soft and stretchy.

Two rolls are now up to $6.99 at our Jewel food chain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join