It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GREAT 2020 Toilet Paper Panic Conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Raggedyman

Not everyone's cup a tea im sure.

But quite ballsy really.

Wheres the rip cord? or engine

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I'm darned if i know.

I like to keep my testicles, and my back banger, intact, ta very much.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

They will be rather upset if they hit this place, money's tight and I cant really stock up much. And for some reason.. where 4 rolls of tp would last a week before, now it seems like I am grabbing a new roll every day wondering what happened to the roll from yesterday. So, I basically got two weeks worth instead of one.
I think we may have our first case of the virus here.. yesterday my son told me that the va hospital and rehab center went into lockdown... which I did a little research, all the va hospitals in the country did although it's more of restricted access and they'll be screening anyone coming in. My other son had class tonight (ya, hell be a master plumber soon!!). The teacher told him that they were going to be closing the schools soon and then they zipped through the rest of the coursework and testing for the class to make sure they could get it done for certification...
Then he tells me that one of the guys in his class either knows a nurse or is married to her but our hospital, according to him had a death attributed to the virus.
So he swings by the store...
Crazy people!@
Made dang sure their kitties and puppies had food.
Cleaned out all the bottled water.
Snagged the toilet paper...
But neglected any of the first aide products and forgot to pick the baby up some extra diapers...

I hope they have fun making diapers out of the toilet paper!!
My son just grabbed what he went in for and got out. The place was a madhouse. And I am gonna have to get one of them to food lion and hope they have some cat food because I ain't dealing with a hungry terrorkit trying to eat my face off while I sleep.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I wonder if toilet paper people got together and hired several people to start buying all the toilet paper and then called the news to get this panic stupidity rolling on air. Then sit back and watch the sheeples panic and start buying because everyone else is buyging.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I'll post this again

Whats going on in Montana

A local woman bought 2 cases to send to her daughter in Montana because she can't get any there.

True story from Southwest Michigan

Montana doesn't get deliveries as often as SW MI. Double the normal purchase rate and there's going to be shortages for awhile. When more arrive, they'll get stripped bare too, by the people who went to stock up and found none.

I figure, butts are going to get wiped just as often as before. It shouldn't take long before everyone is well-stocked and buying will slow down. Most people will not be making their "regular" purchases after stocking up for some time, so it will be plentiful.

In the US, I believe its going to be a wild 3-6 weeks. Many of us who depend on economic activity in certain sectors for our income will go broke (myself included if things slow to a halt for more than a few weeks.) It sucks because I want to start chucking money at stocks in a few weeks, but I shoukd probably keep it liquid until business gets back to normal.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've started calling this the "Toilet Paper Virus" because that's what it's going to be remembered as.
For those of you with social media, go make that a hashtag for me, will ya? Thanks.
Or TP flu. That works too.

I've got 2 hands and soap. Ain't worried.

There's always SOMETHING to wipe with. If you run out of TP, it's just time to exercise that good old creative muscle.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Just know what poison oak and poison ivy look like before you go hunting for your leaves.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
My wife just sent me an emergency text saying the two Costcos she went to were all out of toilet paper.

I went to the local jewel grocery store... and price gouging there for toilet paper and paper towels was insane. Only a few left and they were $9 for a four pack.

Check for the rv toilet paper in the camper section.

Also there is a ton of baby wipes on the baby diaper isle.

I seen this coming almost a month ago when South Korea had a run on TP and hand sanitizer. I stocked up when there wasn't a shortage.

It litterally pays to be ahead of the curve.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Who said I was gonna use leaves? Nawww, that's too old school. I was thinking more along the lines of rocks.
Yup.
Those smooth flat ones
Creative always wins.

(Maple leaves are a great choice though on a serious note.)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Wow, sandpaper.... really? Now THAT'S one tough SOB that I would NOT wanna tangle with...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Buy a cat. They'll lick you clean.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm more than a little annoyed by the panic buying.

Just today I saw a listing on Facebook for hand sanitizer for $300.

There are people looking to profiteer off the madness.

Damn them all.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Umm. I was just gonna go to the bank and take out most of my money in one dollar Bill's to use. Then I'll wipe them down somewhat and use them to pay my insane electric bill..

No, dear govt spies who monitor this board 24/7, I am not serious.. and I dont pay the electric bill. I just sit at my desk and send my money electronically to wherever it needs to go.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Maybe some of us should go buy out all the diapers.. if desperate people are willing to pay that much for hand sanitizer when just plain soap and water will do the trick... think how much they'd pay to get their crying screaming baby in dry diapers.

I honestly never thought of the possibility that the person with the shopping cart full of toilet paper could just be buying all that for resale on amazon.. I'm gonna have to track down whoever raided the cat food aisle and me and terrorkit will have to pay them a visit... maybe I can find some other cat owners to join me, since well, every hungry kittie turns into a terrorkit if they get hungry enough. Mine just was born with that kind of disposition.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I was in a Publix supermarket just outside of Columbia, South Carolina yesterday. People were gathering along one aisle and pointing. They were pointing that the shelves were totally bare of toilet paper; all 80' of shelves.

This isn't the end game for toilet paper. Its the end game for us as looky looky:

A Potential Universal Flu Vaccine Just Passed an Important Clinical Trial

I heard that there is some book out there that sort of predicted something that would affect all "universally" ?
edit on 13-3-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: vonclod

I'm darned if i know.

I like to keep my testicles, and my back banger, intact, ta very much.

I think you might need a cure for that

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Or at the very least a big Elastoplast.

Its counseling people would need after using one of those things. LoL

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Spring Cleaning is on the horizon. If we run out of TP, I will be cleaning closets and dressers out of old T shirts and instead of making shop rags out of them, will cut them into squares like cloth diapers. Wipe bums, rinse in toilet and put in hamper bucket for the washing machine.

No bum rash going to happen here and softer than TP too!

Edit add: my hubby just said 'eww, that's disgusting!' lol. He will change his mind though when he needs to wipe his butt!!!
edit on 3 13 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
fun historical fact - the ancient roman armies - issued a sponge on a stick [ 1 / 10 troops ] - for personal hygine

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The panic is due to the media constantly saying this is like the flu. Most folks think of flu and think of diarrhea. Anyone who has had diarrhea in the past, will fear being isolated and running out of TP. Irregardless, that diarrhea does not seem to be a symptom...the 'flu' word is triggering this panic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join