It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To anyone in England who thinks they may have symptoms of coronovirus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The advice is, DO NOT try to phone the NHS helpline, because the line is being overwhelmed.

An online query page has been set up- 111.nhs.uk...

(This advice comes from a notice in my local surgery)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This bug is 6 times more infectious than Measles. It's 10 times deadlier than the flu.

Don't know how the math works out for England, but 80,000 Americans died from the flu back in the 17-18 flu season.

I think that number means we're looking at: 80,000 times 10 = 800,000 times 6 = 4,800,000. That's a lot of bodies to dispose of.

This bug ruins your lungs. Wanna live with that? If you think you're sick ... seek medical care right away.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So in other words: Stay at home with zero support and let Darwinism run it's course.

Awesome.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
This bug is 6 times more infectious than Measles. It's 10 times deadlier than the flu.

Don't know how the math works out for England, but 80,000 Americans died from the flu back in the 17-18 flu season.

I think that number means we're looking at: 80,000 times 10 = 800,000 times 6 = 4,800,000. That's a lot of bodies to dispose of.

This bug ruins your lungs. Wanna live with that? If you think you're sick ... seek medical care right away.

You got your copy-paste script working overtime...
Every
Single
Thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
I haven't actually started a query process because I haven't got any symptoms- but I assume that page is offering contact as well as information. "You won't get any treatment" may be a wrong assumption, if the enquirer reports something serious.

edit on 12-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So in other words: Stay at home with zero support and let Darwinism run it's course.

Awesome.

Actually , looking at real life, can you imagine how many folks have the sniffles and ran to a doctor ?
No wonder that would be a process that a government would put into place.

An online query page has been set up-

From the OP.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I've had a cold for the past week or so.

But if it's Covid 19, it's more than lightly came from one of my weans.

Max Strength Lemsip and Gordens Premium Pink Gin seem to be making it somewhat bearable.

Man flu be a female dog. LoL

ASDA is a riot all the same, might be nice to be able to purchase some bog roll, or I'm going to have to start wiping my arse with all these Covid 19 pamphlets.

edit on 12-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Try your local corner shop. All the panic buying might be happening in the big supermarkets. I'm four doors away from a Co-op mini-store, which has no problems.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually , looking at real life, can you imagine how many folks have the sniffles and ran to a doctor ? No wonder that would be a process that a government would put into place.

Exactly. People with minor symptoms freaking out and running to hospitals and other healthcare providers would completely overwhelm the system, and denying the sickest people -- the ones who truly need professional medical care -- the care that they need.

And these barely sick people wouldn't be doing themselves any favors. Rather, they would be exposing themselves to all kinds of other viruses and bacterial infections, while their immune system is already working overtime. Not to mention the possibility of viral overload from other Coronavirus patients.

Further overwhelming the healthcare system in a time of crisis.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Every
Single
Thread.

LOL ... My contributions to the boards bothering you?

Atlanta's confirming a dozen cases. Since the truth is being suppressed, how many do you think are really puffing out lungfuls of pestilence where you live. You're an old guy too, aren't ya?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Aye that's where we ended up getting loo roll.

Some halfwits are apparently charging £20 for hand sanitizer all the same in a few corner shops.

That could be dangerous if some mad bastard takes the huff.

Aside from that ile panic when the alcohol runs low.

edit on 12-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It's funny around my parts... the Walmart is sold out of TP and Lysol wipes and hand sanitizer, but the Safeway just up the road is chock full! At least, that was the state of things last week. I haven't been out since so I don't know what current conditions are.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning when I do my weekly shopping.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The advice is, DO NOT try to phone the NHS helpline, because the line is being overwhelmed.

An online query page has been set up- 111.nhs.uk...

(This advice comes from a notice in my local surgery)

So you had to walk to the surgery to see that notice? Here in York we have all had text messages through saying exactly the same thing (at least everyone where i work, plus the wife and her friends - can't speak for the rest of the city but can't imagine it is different). We all have different doctors surgeries too, so it wasn't just one surgery pushing through text alerts.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Just idiots panic buying when they do there big shop.

Like DISRAELI says the local store's stocks seem to remain somewhat intact for the moment anyhow.

So as long as they don't take the piss and attempt to profiteer to much the sky is not falling just yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Awesome.

How do you get that?

The advice is simple and correct for infectious viruses - if you have it, phone up or visit the website and they will come to you. Do not travel to the surgery as you could potentially be infecting further people on the way there.

The purpose is to stop the spread, not to deny care to those that have it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

You probably have to register. GDPR wiped a lot of contact lists as people hadn't signed up to new terms. My GP has not been in contact with anyone I know.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I've had a cold, cough, etc for the last 3 and a half weeks. No high temperatures though and a very runny nose - so definitely not Coronavirus.

I have to confess that over the last couple of days i have quite enjoyed people's nervous reaction to me coughing and spluttering! (and yes, i always cover my mouth and nose).

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My phone is landline, so I would not have received text messages in any case.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Gothmog
Every
Single
Thread.

LOL ... My contributions to the boards bothering you?

Atlanta's confirming a dozen cases. Since the truth is being suppressed, how many do you think are really puffing out lungfuls of pestilence where you live. You're an old guy too, aren't ya?

Atlanta's confirming a dozen cases.

In case you haven't noticed , and it is apparent from both your posts on this thread that you have not , this is not about Atlanta . Nor the US for that matter.

Start a thread on Georgia and Atlanta , and you can bet I will be there Denying Ignorance.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Ignoring ignorance is a terrible thing.

edit on 3/12/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
My phone is landline, so I would not have received text messages in any case.

Ahh that would make sense. I honestly can't remember giving my surgery my mobile number. I guess i must have at some point but i generally don't give out my mobile number as it stops people bothering me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join