It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's temporary attendance policy regarding Coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
As some of you know, I work for Walmart. A couple of days ago they unveiled a temporary policy during this pandemic:

COVID-19 Policy to Support the Health of our Associates

During this uncertain time, if you determine you are unable to work or are uncomfortable at work, you can choose to stay home. To ensure you feel supported making this choice, we will waive our attendance occurrence policy through the end of April, but please call in as usual to let us know. In order to be paid for this time, you may use your regular paid time off options.

If your store, club, office or distribution center is part of a mandated quarantine or if you’re required to quarantine by a government agency or by Walmart, you will receive up to two weeks of pay, and absences during the time you are out will not count against attendance. We’ve chosen two weeks because it matches the recommended time for quarantines related to this virus.

Should an associate have a confirmed case of the virus, they’ll receive up to two weeks of pay. If they’re not able to return to work after that time, additional pay replacement may be provided for up to 26 weeks for both full-time and part-time hourly associates.

Now, the good. I applaud them for ensuring that we all still get a paycheck if we get ill or gub'ment mandates a quarantine in the area. That's really awesome on their part.

The bad. NO CONSEQUENCES for attendance for almost 2 months!!! We already have a really hard time getting people to come to work. Honestly, our attendance policy is already really lax, and I fail to understand how people often get fired for attendance. As soon as word of the policy spreads, Walmarts nationwide are going to be extremely short handed (more so than usual) and guys like I will be picking up the slack.

Happy TP hunting ATSers!

P.S. I actually witnessed customers grabbing TP from pallets yesterday before the associates could even stock the shelves with it.
edit on 12-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
As some of you know, I work for Walmart. A couple of days ago they unveiled a temporary policy during this pandemic:

COVID-19 Policy to Support the Health of our Associates

During this uncertain time, if you determine you are unable to work or are uncomfortable at work, you can choose to stay home. To ensure you feel supported making this choice, we will waive our attendance occurrence policy through the end of April, but please call in as usual to let us know. In order to be paid for this time, you may use your regular paid time off options.

If your store, club, office or distribution center is part of a mandated quarantine or if you’re required to quarantine by a government agency or by Walmart, you will receive up to two weeks of pay, and absences during the time you are out will not count against attendance. We’ve chosen two weeks because it matches the recommended time for quarantines related to this virus.

Should an associate have a confirmed case of the virus, they’ll receive up to two weeks of pay. If they’re not able to return to work after that time, additional pay replacement may be provided for up to 26 weeks for both full-time and part-time hourly associates.

Now, the good. I applaud them for ensuring that we all still get a paycheck if we get ill or gub'ment mandates a quarantine in the area. That's really awesome on their part.

The bad. NO CONSEQUENCES for attendance for almost 2 months!!! We already have a really hard time getting people to come to work. Honestly, our attendance policy is already really lax, and I fail to understand how people often get fired for attendance. As soon as word of the policy spreads, Walmarts nationwide are going to be extremely short handed (more so than usual) and guys like I will be picking up the slack.

Happy TP hunting ATSers!

P.S. I actually witnessed customers grabbing TP from pallets yesterday before the associates could even stock the shelves with it.

not to alarm you but...
they will close their stores
as far as payment for not working, unless the US govt. (like japan here now does) backs it up, please don't believe in Santa Claus.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think these announcements are made with a projection that disruption won't last more than a month. If it goes longer than that, than yeah, all bets are off.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
not to alarm you but...
as far as payment for not working, unless the US govt. (like japan here now does) backs it up, please don't believe in Santa Claus.

Walmart is very involved in government, and may as well have all of the money in the world. I personally don't need the income, I took the job for cheap health insurance, but if any company can keep this promise, it's them.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Im actually really surprised at that policy.
Shockingly, it seems like they actually care about their employees.
I said "SEEMS" like they care.
Of course, it could be just for optics lol

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
not to alarm you but...

Walmart is very involved in government, and may as well have all of the money in the world. I personally don't need the income, I took the job for cheap health insurance, but if any company can keep this promise, it's them.

I'm happy to hear that, but ask the employees of 7-11 that are privately owned. And I think you missed the message , last time I was in walmart their jeans were made in mexico or south america, if they fail how are you going to stay employed and insurance wise is not a right, but only a gift from a company that can afford to pay it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Hows the water?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Hows the water?

We got 17 pallets of store brand bottled water in last night.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: musicismagic

I think these announcements are made with a projection that disruption won't last more than a month. If it goes longer than that, than yeah, all bets are off.

Cheers

Pretty much, this is merely to maintain confidence for a short while.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Hows the water?

We got 17 pallets of store brand bottled water in last night.

Please update this thread as much as you can

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

This is going to make a big case for full automation in walmarts.

What yang was telling us about might come sooner than expected.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Good on Wal-Mart but people will abuse the gesture and fruit it for everyone.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Out of curiosity exactly how does one go about abusing a policy regarding mandated quarantines and confirmed infection?

Neither of these things lends well to faking it.

The first paragraph simply states that people can use any sick time they've already accrued - which is no different than usual.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Bluntone22

Out of curiosity exactly how does one go about abusing a policy regarding mandated quarantines and confirmed infection?

Neither of these things lends well to faking it.

The first paragraph simply states that people can use any sick time they've already accrued - which is no different than usual.

They're going to abuse the fact that we can call in, sick or not, till the end of April and face no consequences for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Fair enough, but if I understand this correctly you're employed there? If so then you already know the reality that, at store level, if anyone is seen as abusing the policy by management there's a very good chance that they'll return from their opportunistic holiday to find that their 35 hours per week is suddenly whittled down to 8 or 12 - in two shifts.

Opportunists may not get strikes ( or whatever term Walmart uses ) for missed days but they can still face consequences in that regard. No?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I've had enough employees over the years to know that people will find a way to abuse any system or sign of good will.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They had a meeting for upper management to take note and mark down the people who called in because they are "uncomfortable." This is all for the press.

Which is understandable, because a #load of people wouldn't come in because of fear (lol) of getting it. But it's still funny how good the company portrays themselves in the press.
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago1408699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago1008699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In other news, I have an asthmatic daughter home from school today with a fever, chills, sore throat, and cough...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Sincere hopes that she's OK and bounces back quickly.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
They had a meeting for upper management to take note and mark down the people who called in because they are "uncomfortable." This is all for the press.

Which is understandable, because a #load of people wouldn't come in because of fear (lol) of getting it. But it's still funny how good the company portrays themselves in the press.

Agreed. Walmart is run by $$$. Worked there 10 years ago and they put a bunch of full time long term employees on part time and cut their benifits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join