It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Python nets 500 drug cartel members plus a Big Boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Full title: Project Python: DEA-led operation nets more than 500 arrests targeting CJNG and its leader El Mencho

All I can say is IMO it is about time someone started dismantling the cartels and capturing the brutish thugs that can buy governments to include police and politicians.

The agency said that El Mencho is very dangerous-"even more so that El Chapo"--- CJNG has 4 hubs-L.A. Chicago, Atlanta, and New York. 500 arrested, and seized 15,000 kilos of meth and 20M usd. CJNG now controls up to 2/3's of the US drug market......

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration today announced the results of Project Python, a DEA-led multilateral interagency operation encompassing all global investigations and related disruption activities targeting the Cártel de Jalisco Nueva Generación (CJNG).

This announcement marks the successful conclusion of six months of investigative and enforcement activity targeting CJNG, culminating in large scale arrests throughout the country within the past week. Project Python has resulted in the arrests of more than 500 CJNG associates, 350 indictments, as well as significant seizures of money and drugs.

“Project Python is the single largest strike by U.S. authorities against CJNG, and this is just the beginning,” said Acting Administrator Uttam Dhillon. “This strategic and coordinated project exemplifies DEA’s mission: to disrupt, dismantle, and destroy drug trafficking organizations around the world and bring their leaders to justice. Today, DEA has disrupted CJNG’s operations, and there is more to come as DEA continues its relentless attack on this remorseless criminal organization.”

www.borderlandbeat.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This article says over 600 arrest www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Over 600 alleged members of Mexico’s Cártel de Jalisco Nueva Generación (CJNG) have been arrested in the last six months thanks to an executive order signed by President Donald Trump in 2017.

The crackdown effort, named “Project Python,” is an interagency operation to take a tougher stance against Mexican cartels by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

The effort has lead to 600 arrests, 350 indictments and “significant seizures of money and drugs” over the past few months.

The cartel, according to the DOJ, has been active in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Houston and Atlanta.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Sweet!! Narcos: Season 4 material!

Jokes aside, I salute the agents and logistical personnel that made this a reality.

Not going to be dismissive or do the whole great but hopeless diatribe that usually follows these stories.

People put their very lives on the line along with their families and friends who unfortunately come along for the ride too.

Narcotics need to be brought to heal, legal and illegal.

This is a good thing, unless of course you dedicated your life to using dope.🤷🏽‍♂️ boo....hoo..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

What do you mean by legal narcotics? Make them illegal?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

What do you mean by legal narcotics?

I'd guess it was a reference to legal narcotics like OxyContin/Oxycodone (responsible for the current opioid epidemic).

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

What do you mean by legal narcotics?

I'd guess it was a reference to legal narcotics like OxyContin/Oxycodone (responsible for the current opioid epidemic).

Bingo! 👍⭐

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yeah, sure. whatever.

Like no one will fill the void.

Life goes on and so will the cartels.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Yeah, sure. whatever.

Like no one will fill the void.

Life goes on and so will the cartels.

(........sigh........)

I get it as most of us do...

Sooooooooo.....we should just throw in the towel and allow narco-terrorism to run unchecked?

Asking for a friend, so be nice.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Its a power grab... arrest the cartels so an other one can supply the demand..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
These arrests are a beautiful thing. I hope they are placed into a CoVID19 prison, then released back to their, out of the U.S., cartel.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Don't look at me, I don't make the rules. And really, narco-terrorism has been running unchecked, for the most part, while being aided by the U.S. outdated War on Drugs that has been a total failure, helping to solidify the cartel's hold on power.

For quite some time now.

new topics

top topics

join