It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for some GOOD news?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Some interesting evidence that weather and climate can affect coronavirus.

This graphic shows where the severe outbreaks to date have been. Notice how they all fall along a narrow line?

One recent research paper supported this assertion by pointing out the proximity of the major hotspots. The authors of the study, which was published last week, wrote that COVID-19 “has established significant community spread in cities and regions only along a narrow east-west distribution roughly along the 30-50 North latitude corridor at consistently similar weather patterns (5-11 degrees C [41 to 51 F] and 47-79 percent humidity)."

They talk about length of sunshine and amount of UV to impact virus on surfaces, but we've also discussed the role of vitamin D too and sunshine has an important role there.

There is a lot of discussion about how much weather will play a role in damping down outbreaks once spring and summer get rolling, but I'd say a picture is worth a thousand words and intriguing to say the least.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Then that's a yes it does get absorbed ....

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It does for me. I think I take (2) 1000 UI tablets a day with a glass of milk, and it has certainly raised my D3 level. I still have chronic fatigue, just nowhere near as bad as if I skipped a couple days.

I tried that once, just to make sure I really needed it. Walking to the bathroom became a Herculean task. Yeah, I needed it.

Low D3 has been linked to atherosclerosis, too. It regulates fat and calcium use... well guess what arterial plague is made of? Fat and calcium...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
"A team of academic and industry researchers has reported new findings on how exactly an investigational antiviral drug stops coronaviruses. The paper was published the same day that the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced that the drug in question, remdesivir, is being used in the country’s first clinical trial of an experimental treatment for COVID-19, the illness caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus."

I got this response approved by one of the moderators... please read, digest, and pass along to anyone that will listen.

I honestly believe that if President Trump got wind of this and demanded it be pursued properly by people who have no vested interested in it failing, he would be hailed as a hero.

First:

NOTE - I am not recommending anyone try vitamins via IV outside of a hospital, and I also want to point out that oral application of Vitamin C has also been shown to be effective as well (I'm up to about 25grams per day of oral C, almost past the loose bowel stage) - see below for a link to an NIH study backing up this claim.

So, there may be good news on the horizon...

China is engaged in a formal trial of high-dose IV Vitamin C, using 140 participants. They are only using the lowest recommended dose (24gram per day) that has anecdotally been shown to be very effective against both viral and bacterial infections and specifically with regard to flu/pneumonia and other things like this, but it should (will) still show efficacy. Once it does, hopefully they'll expand the study to a lot more people, using the higher doses (up to 100grams per day, which is where this stuff really shines) - and I really wish our own government would be so proactive.

It is cheap, can be administered by any/all medically trained people who can do IVs (nurses, EMTs, Doctors, etc), and could even be done in a drive-thru type setting - drive up, roll down your window, turn off your car and stick out your arm and get comfortable for the hour or so treatment, then drive off.

This could change the world, because it works on flu/pneumonia and all kinds of viral and bacterial pathogens.

Think I'm talking out of my backside?

The NIH has acknowledged Vitamin C has serious antiviral and antibacterial properties:

Two Excerpts...

From the Abstract:
"Two controlled trials found a statistically significant dose–response, for the duration of common cold symptoms, with up to 6–8 g/day of vitamin C. Thus, the negative findings of some therapeutic common cold studies might be explained by the low doses of 3–4 g/day of vitamin C. Three controlled trials found that vitamin C prevented pneumonia. Two controlled trials found a treatment benefit of vitamin C for pneumonia patients. One controlled trial reported treatment benefits for tetanus patients. The effects of vitamin C against infections should be investigated further."

And from the Conclusions (scroll way down):

"From a large series of animal studies we may conclude that vitamin C plays a role in preventing, shortening, and alleviating diverse infections. It seems evident that vitamin C has similar effects in humans. Controlled studies have shown that vitamin C shortens and alleviates the common cold and prevents colds under specific conditions and in restricted population subgroups. Five controlled trials found significant effects of vitamin C against pneumonia. There is some evidence that vitamin C may also have effects on other infections, but there is a paucity of such data. The practical importance and optimally efficacious doses of vitamin C for preventing and treating infections are unknown. Vitamin C is safe and costs only pennies per gram, and therefore even modest effects may be worth exploiting."

Fyi: these studies - even the ones showing great promise - were all based on oral ingestion, and all use comparatively low doses. Studies that showed no or low activity used extremely low doses (half a gram and less).

But high dose IV Vitamin C has been anecdotally shown to be dramatically more effective because it can use much higher doses with no loose bowel side effects, and I believe it is criminal that this hasn't been pursued.

The therapeutic dose, as determined by the last 25+ years of usage with zero safety concerns, starts at 25 grams (lowest/starting dose), and goes up to 100 grams (max) per treatment/IV session.

To learn more about a specific case of its use, watch this Australian 60 Minutes documentary about Aussie farmer Alan Smith's 'miraculous' 'deaths door' recovery from Swine Flu complications:

Part I

Part II

Then read more about it here:

From the arrogant reactions of some in the medical community - this doctor in Part II is a classic example - they seem to actually be very afraid of the ramifications of high dose Vitamin C being as effective - as life-saving - as it appears to be (and I believe it is). It is extremely safe, and cheap, so, to test it, all they have to do is - try it. Use it, and let the results speak for themselves. Yet they fight tooth and nail against it.

WHY???

Lastly, please note:

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer.

edit on 17-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join