It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Suspends Rest of Season Over Coronavirus Fears

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes, this is a serious disease, but not for the reasons most of your are freaking out over and certainly not for the reasons some of these actions are being taken for.
a reply to: ketsuko

What are the reasons most of us are "freaking out over"?
What are the reasons "some of these actions are being taken for"?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you nailed it there.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Suspend the NFL draft!??!...

Your video is 404'd

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah.I think after today, people will finally take this seriously.

Oh come on. This is blatant fear mongering. MRSA infected paper cuts are far more costly and disfiguring. One loses ones life or limbs with this infection. Where is the perspective? Why is yellow journalism all the rage?
edit on 11-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The "Daily Beast" you used as your link is a master at using doomsday wording for maximum effect.

Actually, the NBA says its suspending the season until further notice.

Source: www.cbssports.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Well
The positive player has been in contact with many players over the past few days.
A lot of people in quarantine.

Good tests in 30 days, they will be back on.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Call me crazy but I don’t see the NBA and others throwing away revenue like this over nothing.

It's called the US legal system. They will get the crap sued out of them if anyone contracts the virus at a game.

But also the whole team with a player that has tested positive has to quarantine for 14 days - so that kind of makes suspension of the season a necessity.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

We have two drugs that can treat severe cases. One is cheap and common one that has been used for years for malaria and the other is basic antiviral. South Korea has both listed in their basic protocol for severe cases and they are coming out of their crisis now with 12 recorded deaths for a 0.6% CFR.

How frightened do you think most of us ought to be? And yet, people are acting like we all ought to go under house arrest and freeze activities of daily living as though we have something more like the disease featured in the movie Contagion (Nipah virus for reference; look it up). That's not what we have.

Sad to say, but at the end of the day, nearly all of us will live but if we continue on like this our economy may not.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Call me crazy but I don’t see the NBA and others throwing away revenue like this over nothing.

It's called the US legal system. They will get the crap sued out of them if anyone contracts the virus at a game.
But also the whole team with a player that has tested positive has to quarantine for 14 days - so that kind of makes suspension of the season a necessity.

Listen to yourself. Someone sues *anybody* ballplayer in contact with a *somebody* fan or other ballplayer because they attended a NBA game and caught the flu? You are part of the information disinformation problem.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Oh come on. This is blatant fear mongering. MRSA infected paper cuts are far more costly and disfiguring. One loses ones life or limbs with this infection. Where is the perspective? Why is yellow journalism all the rage?

Hmmm.. MRSA vs. a severe, possibly fatal lung infection.

I've had MRSA, rather not roll the dice with a severe lung infection or cytokine reaction.

I know, I know.. "It's just the flu, Bro"
"Fake news"

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We have two drugs that can treat severe cases. One is cheap and common one that has been used for years for malaria and the other is basic antiviral. South Korea has both listed in their basic protocol for severe cases and they are coming out of their crisis now with 12 recorded deaths for a 0.6% CFR.

How frightened do you think most of us ought to be? And yet, people are acting like we all ought to go under house arrest and freeze activities of daily living as though we have something more like the disease featured in the movie Contagion (Nipah virus for reference; look it up). That's not what we have.

Sad to say, but at the end of the day, nearly all of us will live but if we continue on like this our economy may not.

Well, like it or not I don't think anything will stop it at this point. People are panicking.

What I am really worried about is how long will the lockdown last - and if it starts up again how long will it last then?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Listen to yourself. Someone sues *anybody* ballplayer in contact with a *somebody* fan or other ballplayer because they attended a NBA game and caught the flu? You are part of the information disinformation problem.

I am not saying I agree with it - I'm just saying it's guaranteed to happen.

You do know people are already suing the cruise lines right?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That would be quinine. Infected people in Iran are mistaking the desanitizing TOPICAL qualities of rubbing alcohol as something they are able to ingest/drink to get rid of the flu symptoms. Forty or so deaths reported due to isopropyl alcohol poisoning. Third World Sharia Law Zealotry is operating at full enlightened potential.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Hmmm.. MRSA vs. a severe, possibly fatal lung infection.
I've had MRSA, rather not roll the dice with a severe lung infection or cytokine reaction.
I know, I know.. "It's just the flu, Bro" "Fake news"

Pneuomonia is treatable with antibiotics. What caused your MRSA infection and why are you alive with all your limbs?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I am not saying I agree with it - I'm just saying it's guaranteed to happen.
You do know people are already suing the cruise lines right?

Finally; some comeuppance retribution regarding the definition of what qualifies as a not very dignified holiday rope the rube cruise? Join our Petri-dish extravaganza. Pretty sure the Cruise Lines have insured themselves against their Phenomenally "in bad taste" choices to conduct large scale (take their money) confined human behavioral experiments (disguised as vacation retreats).

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

MRSA is still in my elbow near the bone.. It triggers inflammation occasionally (hurts like hell)..
What triggered it? Who knows.. Probably a small cut. I originally thought it was a spider bite..

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: carewemust
Well
The positive player has been in contact with many players over the past few days.
A lot of people in quarantine.

Good tests in 30 days, they will be back on.

Thank goodness 99% of the cases in the USA are classified as mild. What's curious is why the CDC isn't updating the number of "recovered" Americans.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
I am so glad you survived. It is a horrible infection. The three individuals had differing entry points; one had a spider bite, another a paper cut and the other a scratch. They all had serious necrosis of the flesh and their arms/hands are now disfigured. Two of them nearly lost their arms at the elbow. Their treatments were painful lengthy and expensive.

edit on 11-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

a reply to: clay2 baraka
I am so glad you survived. It is a horrible infection. The three individuals had differing entry points; one had a spider bite, another a paper cut and the other a scratch. They all had serious necrosis of the flesh and their arms/hands are now disfigured. Their treatments were painful lengthy and expensive.

It started to get into the blood, that's when I started to get worried. You could actually feel tendrils of hardened tissue around the veins..

In retrospect, I should have seen a doctor right away, but didn't realize how severe it was.

I would still trade that any day for my lungs being filled with fluid..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am so glad that so many people have it all figured out. I mean without a doubt figured out.

I don't think billionaires, multi billion dollar franchises and businesses, and well informed presidents and politicians give a damn about anyone who thinks they "know" what's going on.

When it affects the bottom line of a capitalistic society, there has to be some good damn reason for this. I don't think that Joe Shmo in some damned internet interview saying "we're all going to die" has an affect on what direction the "important" people take.

But what do I know?

It seems there is a lot of swaying, twisting, bending, and in some cases changing of words when someone in power makes a decision that goes against what the people here who "have it all figured out" have to say.

edit on 12-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join