It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Suspending Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Didn't see this so here it is. Not trying to throw gas on the Captain Trips flame but someone had to report this here.

NBA.com doesn't have anything on this but it's on the game my Mom is watching which seemed like it might get suspended. Just looked and it seems not but they were talking to Mark Cuban a few minutes ago, the refs were, that is, not the broadcast, and I thought maybe they were reacting to this news.

ETA: Should have mentioned NBA player Rudy Gobert has tested positive so this is likely in response to that firstly, P.R. wise but damn, ain't this crap getting scary? March Madness with no fans?

It's happening, folks. What actually is happening may be another story in the long run but who knows.

edit on 3/11/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
Now they do.
www.nba.com...

If I wasn't taking this at least somewhat seriously before, I may be now.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Jazz and Thunder are quarantined in OKC arena. A player tested positive.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Did that guy GOTO the game knowing he was sick? How did they find out he had corona? 🤷‍♂️ Seems like a serious move.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Watch the NFL draft get suspended too.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint
The NCAA tourneys are going to have no fans. I wonder if March Madness is going to get canceled.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

You know, I didn't think about the ramifications of Gobert testing pos. They all have to be quarantined so hence, no games. Not really a P.R. move, forced by necessity.

I'm kinda dumb at times.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm in Vegas LOL. Not that I care about the draft, I'm a Buc's fan. As far as Cap'n Trips goes go ahead and cancel all of NFL football forever as my team sucks.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Buuuhhhh- buuueeeee

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I'm in Vegas LOL. Not that I care about the draft, I'm a Buc's fan. As far as Cap'n Trips goes go ahead and cancel all of NFL football forever as my team sucks.

I'm in the mountains above you. I'm worried about the Chinese national tourists we get here all year to gamble.

50-50 Vegas is actually the first place to get it and doesn't know.

They had 800 people under supervision last week...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

My sis deals Baccarat to mostly people from that region. Yeah, I'm a teensy weensy bit worried and gonna go to the store tomorrow and get a bunch of canned goods, etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow, they actually talked about this this morning and thought, "Nah, there's no way, Bruh!".

How times can quickly change.

top topics

join