It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public events/ gatherings bad, open borders still ok?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: vethumanbeing

It really isn't a 'flawed concept', without globalism humanity would still be in the stone age.

Our creators separated their different human experiments from each other by oceans, mountain ranges and climate regions for a reason. They were entirely separate genetic experiments. Some developed faster and some not at all. Some destroyed themselves and some did not. Eventually they co-mingled genetically (all planned). Those left in the stone age, were overrun by other more sophisticated experiments. The plan was never to keep the human from progressing. Globalism had nothing to do with innovation by the Creators over Its creations. It produced a good thing; trade and prosperity. Borders exist psychologically, (its in our DNA) they define us as nations and peoples. Why not celebrate our differences (we all come from different parts of the galaxy) instead of homogenizing everyone to the point exceptionalism/heroism is no longer allowed?
edit on 11-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Lumenari

Mexico is a literal third world nation compared to the US.

I think it's quite alarming that places like Mexico, India, China have grappled this Coronavirus quite well, while it seems to be spreading rather quickly in the most powerful nation on the planet... But as I stated in a post above, the true numbers might be coming soon, April will tell to be honest.

So we have 938 confirmed cases so far in America.

CDC, March 11

That is 0.000003% of our population.

There have been 29 deaths, average age 80.

So this horrifying virus has decimated 0.00000009% of our country.

ZOMFG... buy toilet paper now!!!

Meanwhile, the common flu has killed 1600 people so far this year.

Some perspective might help you.

/facepalm

edit on 11-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
The Democrats want their hand fed nestling voters to react with full on *red alert* panic. Its shameful how the left are spinning this (what will turn out to be most ordinary) *flu* to their childlike H.G. Wells "Eloi"; human food for "Morlock" base.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you're joking, or that you work for the city of Seattle?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What’s the infection rate in Mexico again?

ETA: Just looked it up. 7. 7 cases in the whole country. If it’s the virus you’re worried about it’s more dangerous to come to America.

Detected cases.

Mexico is and remains a third world country, with public health, sanitation and policing to match.

Feel free to leave the US for Mexico if you really think Mexico is safer, even from a health/coronavirus perspective.

Good Luck ...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I would also be interested to see if anyone advocates open borders, like all the right-wing mouthpieces constantly suggest.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good thread. Open borders causes far more Americans to be killed than coronavirus ever will.

Can you explain how America, which doesn't have open borders, has this death rate?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The flu usually lasts about 3 to 5 days. Most quarantines release people two weeks after they show no symptoms anymore.

It can be carried by any travelers - even ones on holidays - Citizens, returning home.

And it is now spreading within the US.

Closing borders is futile. Even complete trade and travel isolation would now be too little, too late.

Toughen up and deal with it. There aren't any other options, really.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

ETA: Just looked it up. 7. 7 cases in the whole country. If it’s the virus you’re worried about it’s more dangerous to come to America.

Does Mexico have 320 million people?

No, but they have far more Mexicans than the US.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Are they doing extensive testing? WE aren't even testing enough and you are going to tell me Mexico is? Also, are you aware how many foreign nationals use Mexico as a corridor to enter the US illegally? From places like China and Africa? Its not just Mexican people entering the US. This has been a security/health issue for a while now. One of the reasons a country HAS a physical border is to know the health status of, and control who enters it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The flu usually lasts about 3 to 5 days. Most quarantines release people two weeks after they show no symptoms anymore.

It can be carried by any travelers - even ones on holidays - Citizens, returning home.

And it is now spreading within the US.

Closing borders is futile. Even complete trade and travel isolation would now be too little, too late.

Toughen up and deal with it. There aren't any other options, really.

Exactly my point: If closing the borders is futile, why is it we should end public gatherings and sporting events? JUST as futile. This has NOTHING to do with toughening up, it has EVERYTHING to do with common sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
When this is all said and done it will be interesting to see besides age if ethnicity and climate have anything to do with lower cases. Is this the same as many viruses where it doesn't do well in the heat? If Mexico doesn't have as many cases could that be one reason?

I still don't think we will ever get the real cause of this. I think the Government knows a lot more than what they are letting on. I hope they are trying to get their ducks in a row and when this thing settles down lowers the hammer on China.

I mentioned in a thread several weeks ago that this will be an eye opening event and I predict this issue will strengthen the economy and create more jobs because we cannot rely on China for the bulk of our goods for this exact reason.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Should they just house the homeless for free so that they aren't out on the streets?

Or what do you think should be done with the millions of homeless?

How do we find all of them?

If nothing safe can be done with the homeless why would you think that you personally shouldn't be as safe as you can be?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What should be done?
Should the government round up all the homeless?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Go out and risk getting sick if that's what you want.

No one is stopping you from going out and being around people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Thats not my point. I agree that we need to limit social contact. I ALSO think we need to strictly control who enters our country, IE be aware of their health status. To do one and not the other is kind of pointless.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You misconstrue my statement. My complaint is that they have no plan on dealing with the homeless in any situation. With this particular crises the homeless can become an ever present point of virus spread, so the authorities refusal to discuss the issue affects everyone.

As for asking me what should be done, I don't know. I do know the banking rules makes it easy to become homeless, but hard to not have a home (funny how the FedReserve tried overly hard to ensure that the banks are fine, but "F" everyone else. Also I wonder why the FedReserve pushes so hard to go to the Gold Standard?)

SO the idea of Homes for free, isn't the right one as it punishes people who had to buy their homes. While other people have been getting homes for free by local governing bodies have been nothing more that a leach on other free items. This deprives resources from people who need the help. Sorry for the rant, I'm not homeless I just live in a State where the Governor has created a billion dollar fund for a figgen porpoise, but had to take scraps of funds to help the homeless all the while homeowners are getting hit by city taxes to pay for free stuff for the homeless.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join