It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belmont, Arizona is Bill Gates' City of the Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hello Ats.

This thread is an update to an earlier thread I did on a proposed city of the Future funded by Bill Gates and partners in the Arizona desert.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, we have a name for this new city-Belmont, Arizona.

Belmont is a proposed planned city in the Phoenix metropolitan area of Arizona, United States. The development, a partnership between billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates and local real estate investors, will be a "smart city" designed around emerging technologies.[1] It is located in the West Valley area, along Interstate 10 near Tonopah.

Belmont consists of 24,800 acres (10,000 ha) of greenfield land, which will be divided into 3,800 acres (1,500 ha) of office, commercial, and retail space, 3,800 acres (1,500 ha) of industrial space, 3,400 acres (1,400 ha) of open space, and 470 acres (190 ha) for schools.[2] The remaining land will house 80,000 residential units.[4] Upon full build out, the community is planned to support a population as large as Tempe.[2]

The development aims to integrate autonomous vehicles, high-speed digital networks, and data centers into the city.

This is a very interesting development to me as Phoenix, Az is my hometown and Belmont is proposed for the Metro Phoenix area. I remember as a kid the many countless empty fields of dirt, pebbles, and rocks, however, Now Phoenix is a sprawling development. I think AZ is the homebase for ATS so this development should be of particular interest to the ATS community. This city will make use of designs which will allow it to adapt to/ change with technology so that it won't be obsolete by the time its complete. In other words a modular city which can grow and change with the times. It sounds like something I would like to be a part of. I'm excited for the technology(ies) which will be deployed here..........When do we move in ATS?

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=
edit on 11-3-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sounds like a good town to be homeless in.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

My first laugh for the day.....thanks!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah ,a Coronavirus Free SAFE SPACE for Little Billy and his Slave Ant People ............

edit on 11-3-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well, judging by your avatar you seem to be a really big so I think you have nothing to worry about. Lol!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yeah , Zanti's have Superior Immune Systems .........

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah ,a Coronavirus SAFE SPACE for Little Billy and his Slave Ant People ............

"Cities of the Future" generally have a pretty bad track record, chock full of cold concrete Nazi-reminiscent architecture and social control built on the destroyed neighborhoods of poor people.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I think AZ is the homebase for ATS

What do you mean by ATS being home state being AZ?
edit on 11-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: lostbook

I think AZ is the homebase for ATS

What do you mean by ATS being home state being AZ?

I think the homebase for ATS is in AZ but maybe i'm wrong...........maybe it's the ATS po box that's in AZ.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
LOL located in the West Valley. So it will be an old person haven in 2 months and a crap hole in 2 years. Everyone knows the east valley is where its at. We only go to the west side to see the Cardinals play.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I Fricken love that comment,
Honestly laughed out Loud!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sounds like a nice little place where I wouldn't want to live.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DickDotyAlienHunter
Sounds like a nice little place where I wouldn't want to live.

Why not?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm pretty excited for this. At least Gates is trying....

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
LOL located in the West Valley. So it will be an old person haven in 2 months and a crap hole in 2 years. Everyone knows the east valley is where its at. We only go to the west side to see the Cardinals play.

So you're the people in the stands at Cardinals games. I always wondered who those few people were!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Haven't read the article yet so my answer might be in there but it seems like there are a few unanswered questions.

24,800 acres of land:

3800 office, commercial, and retail
3800 industrial
3400 open space
0470 schools
=
11,470 acres

What are the other 13,330 acres going to be used for? I really hope agricultural or they will all starve to death very quickly.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Yeah, I would think it is for agriculture. Phoenix is in a desert but you an grow food there.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift Yeah right being homeless in 120 degree weather and sun.only reason to live in Az it's cheap,with little shade available

top topics

join