It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taji base hit - American's killed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This was Iran.
US surgical strikes against Iranian assets being planned.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Has this been confirmed?
Trump is due to give a speech from the Oval Office soon which is usually the setting for serious announcements - is it specifically about Coronavirus or could it be regarding this attack now?
Also I heard congress have put in place legislation TODAY to stop Trump going to war with Iran...
Strange timing?
news.yahoo.com...
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

I think, it will be mainly the pandemic, but this is big news, being eclipsed by corona. These kinda stories concern me, these tyrants know what the world is looking at right now. Some idiot out there dumb enough to think they can get away with something makes me nervous.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Possible retaliation.
3 hrs ago.

A number of air strikes target sites belonging to the Iraqi #Kataib Hezbollah militia and sites belonging to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards in the south of the Syrian city of Albukamal, on the border with #Iraq.

twitter.com...

Airstrikes targeting #Iran-backed sites on Syria/Iraq border & Anbar Province in western #Iraq

twitter.com...
edit on 11-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah same - it's sort of the perfect time if you are a maniac (start a war/attack) as the world is already in disarray - there is a level of chaos there that is really frightening. Some countries right now would literally crumble if something like that happened on top of the virus outbreak
a reply to: Bicent

link   
double post
edit on 11-3-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
As a vet:

Pull every single American serving OUT of that area

And then Drop the almighty hand of god from altitude on the problem areas as a parting warning

Enoughs enough

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
There’s stockpiles of weapons just laying around Iraq just takes a little knowing where to look and anyone could have them. When I was in ramadi the fire department off of MSR Michigan headed north east to MSR scorpion had a stockpile of American air to ground heat missiles just hanging out in the back. As a matter of fact they were cored out of both propellant and the actual explosive. That’s just of one of many of my experiences there and it sounds to me like it’s still the Wild West out there.
I hope the wounded recover and wish the best to the surviving families.

Yup, ISIS even liberated some Abrams tanks a few years back..

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Yep and then we have this story, getting swept under the rug. I agree my son is in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
As a vet:

Pull every single American serving OUT of that area

And then Drop the almighty hand of god from altitude on the problem areas as a parting warning

Enoughs enough

I'm sitting on your side of the fence.

Spot on.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
This was Iran.
US surgical strikes against Iranian assets being planned.

Mr Sulu: Lock photons.
Aye, Cap'n.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Surely this isn't Iran, right?

Assuming they don't have a Deathwish, given their domestic situation they'd be unable to mount an effective or unified resistance... has to be something else at play here.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Surely this isn't Iran, right?

Assuming they don't have a Deathwish, given their domestic situation they'd be unable to mount an effective or unified resistance... has to be something else at play here.

Occams razor would point to ISIS "liberating" rocket launchers as they did with US weapons systems a few years back..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It was my job to combat the influx of EFPs from Iranian QF cells into Sadr City during the 2007 offensive. I always laugh when people talk about us going to 'war with Iran'. Been there, done that. I was part of operations that even captured the equivalent of a Brigadier General and his 2 subordinates. I'm sure I caught a lot more bad guys but they all looked the same. The only reason I found out with everyone else who they really were was they had killed my friends a week earlier. Detainee abuse charges abound after that fact hit the PNN.

Such a sad thing to hear, I was stationed at Taji and also a COP closeby then called Callahan. Callahan was an RPG / Mortar / Sniper magnet just outside Sadr. Taji got hit far less often, but it happened.

I also ran in the counter mortar patrols as busy work every 3 days on QRF @ Callahan, and of course they'd call us if something hit Taji. Strykers were hot # back then.

We had anti-mortar munitions, I forget what that thing was called but it was an iron curtain. It's hard to imagine they didn't put some on Taji by now. They weren't super effective at Callahan, but it was 2007. Technology seemed so advanced then, but now look where we are.

I guess it's so rare now we hear about all of them, so that's the silver lining.

I hope we repay whomever is responsible 10 fold for our losses.
edit on 12-3-2020 by wakeupstupid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

The Countries that have equipped Isis with those weapons. Isis were attacking the U.S bases for months.
While America blamed Iran.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Thank you Sir/Mam for your service.

You're a hero.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Air Strikes happening now.

'Proportional response'... (Which makes no sense to me but)...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In his opinion Hezbollah is to blame.
The US struck back taking out 5 strategic sites.
Success at 'all sites'...

Stay well.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Rocket fire on Iraq base wounds three US-led coalition members

A fresh spate of rockets targeted an Iraqi base north of Baghdad on Saturday where foreign troops are deployed, Iraqi and US security sources told AFP, in a rare daytime attack.

It was the 23rd such attack since late October on installations across Iraq where US troops and diplomats are based, with the latest rounds growing deadlier.

Without Covid - this would be HUGE news...

Those sunsabtchs are taking advantage of a world crisis.

I know what I'd do to them.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

'It's not going to stop...until the Americans leave'...

Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join