It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
However ALL rapists have mothers, and grandmothers, while many have sisters, wives, daughters and even that doesn't stop them from raping

What wisdom can I gain from that?

Did you know that ALL rape victims have mothers, and grandmothers, while many have sisters, wives and daughters.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink
I think the main problem is people thinking if you can afford a hooker it's impossible to be a rapist.

You haven't quite clarified that part yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He'll end up serving a few years and get let out early and barely anyone will notice because we have short attention spans.

That is how the game is played with the wealthy and powerful..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

However ALL rapists have mothers, and grandmothers, while many have sisters, wives, daughters and even that doesn't stop them from raping

What wisdom can I gain from that?

Did you know that ALL rape victims have mothers, and grandmothers, while many have sisters, wives and daughters.

*WELL DONE!*

Of course it doesn't make any sense when you leave out the part of the
sentence that makes it make sense

Quoted in full......
Did you know that ALL rape victims have mothers, and grandmothers, while many have
sisters, wives and daughters, but EVEN THAT DOESN'T STOP THEM FROM RAPING

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Correct the typo and then I'll respond, don't wanna take an easy win.

It wasn't a typo, you didn't read what I said.

edit on 12-3-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Did you know that ALL rape victims have mothers, and grandmothers, while many have
sisters, wives and daughters, but EVEN THAT DOESN'T STOP THEM FROM BEING RAPED

Does that sound silly?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He will have a lot of time to think about what he did to others, then somebody will beat him down.

No doubt.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: UFO1414

Hopefully he ends up in Epstein's old cell with similar results.

I'd rather see him suffer for 23 years.

Killing him is the easy way out imo

You know...
This guy was a reprehensible POS. But he was aided and abetted by Hollywood and all the actresses that sold their body for a part.
Spending the rest of his life behind bars might be justice. And it might be injustice. I am not a judge, I don't know.

But sitting here looking at all the posts of people saying they want to see someone suffer is really disgusting. You are literally no different than him nor the libtards that let him get away with this stuff to begin with.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

But sitting here looking at all the posts of people saying they want to see someone suffer is really disgusting. You are literally no different than him nor the libtards that let him get away with this stuff to begin with.

So, me wishing that a man found guilty of committing sex crimes is locked up for the rest of his life without any of the luxuries some prisoners get is equal to him using his position of power and influence to intimidate and force women into having sex with him against their wishes or those who knew about it and actively sort to cover his crimes up?

So what would you have done with me?
Imprisonment for a period of time? How long?
No different to suggests you believe I too should be locked up for 23 years?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Totally I can’t stand the guy politically but I personally can’t believe he got any time it’s literally he said she said

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
You know...
This guy was a reprehensible POS. But he was aided and abetted by Hollywood and all the actresses that sold their body for a part.

The cases that have been heard are only the tip of the iceberg, Selling their

bodies is an assumption,while some may have others will have been traumatised

many were very young at the time........30 - 40 years equals a lot of sexual

battery? so 23 years in prison (which he wont serve it all) seems a light

sentence to me, payback time ?

High five to all those who eventually had the courage to call the predator out,

and got to see the truth in, as the saying goes *Revenge is a dish best served cold*

Spending the rest of his life behind bars might be justice. And it might be injustice. I am not a judge, I don't know.

Just one word.........Karma

What about giving some of that thinking time to those who had been raped

Do you think they did not suffer? That they get over it as soon as the deed

is done?

No the truth is they live uncomfortably with it for years....Ask any psychiatrist

or counselor.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I am no judge nor jury. If I caught this man in the act of forcibly raping a woman, I would probably beat him to death.
But like said above, we weren't there. It is not our business to judge. And we don't personally know the truth.

I trust the judge in this case. My opinion is if someone forcibly rapes a woman, they pretty much gave up their human rights.

But not my point. My point is, who the F are you? Or anyone that has a 100 mile distanced opinion on a topic they know literally less than 1% about?

I am happy justice was done. I am disgusted by the hateful rhetoric and prayers for torture. Get off this site and go join reddit if that is how you think. My opinion of the people on this site is pretty high. There are a lot of independent thinkers here, that can see past the group think and group psychosis that comes with topics like this.

There is always a flip side to a story. Do you know it? I don't. Do you actually think the press will give it to you?
Were you on the jury?

Take the uneducated hateful rhetoric to reddit. Justice was more than served.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

It is not our business to judge.

No.....but it is our right to have an opinion.

I trust the judge in this case. My opinion is if someone forcibly rapes a woman, they pretty much gave up their human rights.

We agree.

But not my point. My point is, who the F are you? Or anyone that has a 100 mile distanced opinion on a topic they know literally less than 1% about?

As said previously, it is both my right and my nature to have an opinion......who the # are you to say that I shouldn't?

And how the # do you know that I 'know literally less than 1% about' sex crimes and the effect they have on their victims and their families etc?

Both incredibly arrogant and ignorant assumptions.

I am disgusted by the hateful rhetoric and prayers for torture.

I gave up on praying for anything donkey's years ago.....and I don't necessarily want to see him tortured, just time to reflect and ponder his crimes and not to enjoy the 'luxuries' that many prisoners do.

Get off this site and go join reddit if that is how you think.

Why the hell should I?
Because I have a different opinion to you?

My opinion of the people on this site is pretty high.

As is mine.

There are a lot of independent thinkers here, that can see past the group think and group psychosis that comes with topics like this.

I try my best to view anything on its own particular merits and to make my own mind up on everything free from any pre-conceived belief or perspective and political or religious dogma and creed.
'Group think' has never been a care or consideration of mine, I assure you.

But my own own independent reasoning does not exclude me from coming to the same conclusions as those who are influenced by 'group think'.....why would it?

There is always a flip side to a story. Do you know it? I don't. Do you actually think the press will give it to you?
Were you on the jury?

And as we don't know the 'flip side' we must base our opinions on the evidence that is available to us or must we refrain from having an opinion because there may be some information we aren't aware of?
What sort of brainless morons would we then be?

Take the uneducated hateful rhetoric to reddit.

First of all; how do you know I'm 'uneducated'?
Just the same arrogance we always see in the politically correct hyper sensitive types whose grasp on reality is beginning to unravel.
Secondly; who the hell do you think you are telling me to leave ATS and go somewhere else?
I've been an actively contributing member here for quite some time, difference of opinion is at the very core of this site.....if you can't handle that then I suggest that it might be you who should consider going somewhere slightly more accommodating to your apparent delicate nature.

Justice was more than served.

Legally yes.
Morally......?

edit on 18/3/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

Were you on the jury?

NO...........were you?

*Juries*
Members are chosen from the electoral register for their local area and those chosen must attend jury duty. In the United States, juries are made up of 12 regular people from the area in which the trial is held and are not members of the court system. They are paid a small amount for their service

The definition of a jury is a group of people appointed to decide a verdict. An example of a jury is twelve men and women selected to decide if a person is guilty or innocent in a murder trial.

Using the instructions given by the judge, the jury evaluates the trial evidence. The jurors discuss whether the evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty or not guilty of each of the charges.

In a criminal trial the jury verdict must be unanimous, that is all 12 jurors must agree. Jury members must decide for themselves, without direction from the judge, the lawyers, or anyone else, how they will proceed in the jury room to reach a verdict.

But ^^^they^^^ twelve ordinary men and women, the jury who heard the

evidence, and the witnesses came to the *right* verdict.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Just one word.........Karma

I'm assuming you don't really believe in Karma, however just feel the need to point out if there is an all controlling fairness machine such as Karma...

Perhaps these women did deserve it.

Thankfully Karma doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I'm assuming you don't really believe in Karma

You know what they say about assuming?

Perhaps these women did deserve it.

Why am I not surprised?

NO WOMAN OR MAN DESERVE TO BE RAPED OR ASSAULTED IN ANY MANNER OR DEGREE

Thankfully Karma doesn't exist.

Really?
Well it appears Harvey Weinstein got his!!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Cool, another post you didn't read well enough to understand.

I agree that no person deserves to be raped or assaulted, that is why I have a problem with the idea of Karma.

Assuming that bad things happen to people because they deserve it is the idea you are pushing.

Not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join