It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Harv is obviously a dirtbag...

HOWEVER, I can't help but think the guy is being railroaded in this MeToo era with that 23 year sentence.

I can't be the only one questioning the feigned outrage by "victims" decades later. Casting couch and women putting out for favors is as old as man.

If Harv is in jail, there are a whole lot of men who need to be in jail with him and when are the women who willing got on their knees for a part in a movie going to admit they are skanky garden tools willing to do anything for fame?

edit on 11-3-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Though I see him as a very bad person who took advantage of people as most in Hollywood does I'm kind of on the fence here in thinking that none of these women went to this home with an idea that they were going there for bible study, none were locked in and couldn't leave at anytime, none went to the police shortly after because of rape, I don't think he grab any one of them and forcibly held them down, but I might be wrong....

Hollywood has Weinsteins and Hollywood has endless pools of sharks too that would do about anything to further their careers. They work together like dance partners in you give me what I want and I'll give you what you want. I think Weinstein took total advantage of these women, but is that a crime if they are willing in the end to follow through? They didn't go with him because he was sexy, I mean the guy is a human pig... they went with him because he had money and more importantly power that he could use for their advantage.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Though I see him as a very bad person who took advantage of people as most in Hollywood does I'm kind of on the fence here in thinking that none of these women went to this home with an idea that they were going there for bible study, none were locked in and couldn't leave at anytime, none went to the police shortly after because of rape, I don't think he grab any one of them and forcibly held them down, but I might be wrong....

Hollywood has Weinsteins and Hollywood has endless pools of sharks too that would do about anything to further their careers. They work together like dance partners in you give me what I want and I'll give you what you want. I think Weinstein took total advantage of these women, but is that a crime if they are willing in the end to follow through? They didn't go with him because he was sexy, I mean the guy is a human pig... they went with him because he had money and more importantly power that he could use for their advantage.

Pretty much how I see it.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He's a scumbag and I can't feel sorry for him, but this!

If Harv is in jail, there are a whole lot of men who need to be in jail with him and when are the women who willing got on their knees for a part going to admit they are skanky garden tools willing to do anything for fame.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

"The impact of rape is profound," Mann said, describing how Weinstein held an "invisible gun" to her head and used "intimidation, command, and force" to rape her.

You read that right, an INVISIBLE gun....

I'll just say this, for every guy that has gotten away with manipulating a woman/situation, is a woman that will do the same, it just might be years later.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree. I feel more for the women that left the industry because they weren't willing to play the game in order to have a career in acting. There are a few that I've seen interviewed that completely abandoned acting because of their interactions with Weinstein. He's a scumbag, no doubt and should go to prison. Question is why didn't more women do more earlier. They had to know this would continue and their silence allowed even more women to be abused.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

He's a scumbag and I can't feel sorry for him, but this!

If Harv is in jail, there are a whole lot of men who need to be in jail with him and when are the women who willing got on their knees for a part going to admit they are skanky garden tools willing to do anything for fame.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

"The impact of rape is profound," Mann said, describing how Weinstein held an "invisible gun" to her head and used "intimidation, command, and force" to rape her.

You read that right, an INVISIBLE gun....

I'll just say this, for every guy that has gotten away with manipulating a woman/situation, is a woman that will do the same, it just might be years later.

I was watching an old Rush Limbaugh clip from the 90s when he was on Donahue. He made a really profound point about sexual harassment. This was when there was a push to get women in combat roles in the military for context.

He basically said, how can women be ready for combat roles when they can't deal with being sexually harrassed? On the one hand, we claim women can function in a war zone, but if some guy slaps them on the ass at the office they are all of a sudden helpless little things.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
do you think harvey is guilty?
what do you think an appropriate sentence would be if so?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I think he used his position of power to take advantage of women. At the same time, a lot of women certainly didn't mind trading favors for roles in movies.

There are women who chose not to play those games. I feel sorry for them. At the same time, deciding you have standards is not "rape". Sexual harassment? Maybe.

I just can't help but wonder too if some of the victims are just mad the swallowed and their careers still didn't go anywhere. That isn't rape.

He was found not guilty of the major charges apparently. From what I read, it seems a sentence of say 5 to 7 years was more appropriate.

Just saying you have murderers and serial rapist (real rapist, not give a BJ for a role in Xmen) that don't get 23 years.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
every single one of you is e xactly right. Great calls all.... Yay

edit on 11-3-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Weinstein is no more guilty than the next Hollywood scumbag. Arse, gas are grass no one rides for free. One blatant difference I can help to think about multiple women did yell rape at one man (Clinton) he is still playing and no one yell rape on Weinstein until me too comes along and now he is going to jail.

Sorry to all the gold diggers out there this really hurts the career opportunities of sleeping to the top
edit on 11-3-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am trying to figure out how what he did is any different than a John and prostitute scenario? How much time do Johns get in jail or are they just fined? What about prostitution, those that give sex expecting to receive payment or other favors?

Bill Cosby was different...he was drugging his victims. I have yet to hear that Weinstein drugged anyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
thanks!
I appreciate the explanation and answers!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I am trying to figure out how what he did is any different than a John and prostitute scenario?

Was there a contract for such in harveys case?
I hadn't heard anything like that.
Just that the attention was unwanted.
That sort of arrangement is only legal in Nevada, right?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am trying to figure out how what he did is any different than a John and prostitute scenario? How much time do Johns get in jail or are they just fined? What about prostitution, those that give sex expecting to receive payment or other favors?

Bill Cosby was different...he was drugging his victims. I have yet to hear that Weinstein drugged anyone.

I am not convinced about Cosby either...

He was giving women back in the day Quaaludes. Totally normal in that era. Snort a line of coke and do some bedroom gymnastics.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I do not think anyone could ever 'really' know if he actually 'raped' this chick.

I think 8 years would of done the trick. 23 years on a he said she said is stiff.

There are guys where there is DNA evidence and they do not get 23 years.

Mike Tyson got 5 for a he said she said. Most guys do..

Do i feel bad for him no?

Was this fair no.
edit on 11-3-2020 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Bravo, consider yourself uncommon and divergent from the kneejerk that affects much of the
............. ahem, let me not point fingers. Beyond the daily viruses here and never ending chatter, this place is not what it once was. were this the mud pit, I might expound, hoping to not be silenced. My hopes are long long past, this is now only a curiosity, with a cast of players.

She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing
.a reply to: CynConcepts

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I do not think anyone could every 'really' know if he actually 'raped' this chick.

The jury obviously thought he did appearantly.

I think 8 years would of done the trick. 23 years on a he said she said is stiff.

fair enough

thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have absolutely no sympathy for this piece of # or any other person found guilty of sex offences.

I hope he suffers every single day that he's left on this earth.

One question; how does it work in the USA?
Here in the UK and many other country's sex offenders are separated from general prison population for their own safety. They are locked up with other rapists, nonces etc and other prisoners who may be targeted by 'ordinary' prisoners.
Does this happen in US prisons?....I hope not.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

I'm still having a hard time believing that any of these accusers where forced into anything .

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just in time for the taxpayers to foot the bill for his end of life healthcare... how convenient.. must be e terrible to go through your whole life breaking laws and doing whatever you want and wind up in prison just as your life is steamrolling downhill at top rate speed and your miserable no matter the conditions you are in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join