It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

46 STATEMENTS By IPCC Experts Against The IPCC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Supposedly these are statements by Scientist claiming the IPCC is not all that accurate when speaking and publishing papers about climate change. The quotes are listed AND at the end of the 46 quotes there is a biography of the speaker who is quoted in the article. These are some heavy hitters in the climate business and I doubt they are all on the payroll of some oil company.

My biggest complaint for several years has been the much vaulted models some of the climatologist have used have been just about useless when trying to predict earth's temperatures or even ocean rise.

Some may find the article of interest, others, probably not so much. I will cherry pick a few I found interesting.

THANKFULLY we usually always get to hear the inconvenient and raw truth about taxpayer funded, unelected, bloated government bureaucracies when members eventually leave and are not subject to bullying and financial repercussions. Definitely no exception here…

46 enlightening statements by IPCC experts against the IPCC:

Dr Robert Balling: The IPCC notes that “No significant acceleration in the rate of sea level rise during the 20th century has been detected.” This did not appear in the IPCC Summary for Policymakers.

Dr Lucka Bogataj: “Rising levels of airborne carbon dioxide don’t cause global temperatures to rise…. temperature changed first and some 700 years later a change in aerial content of carbon dioxide followed.”

Dr John Christy: “Little known to the public is the fact that most of the scientists involved with the IPCC do not agree that global warming is occurring. Its findings have been consistently misrepresented and/or politicized with each succeeding report.”

Dr Willem de Lange: “In 1996 the IPCC listed me as one of approximately 3000 “scientists” who agreed that there was a discernible human influence on climate. I didn’t. There is no evidence to support the hypothesis that runaway catastrophic climate change is due to human activities.”

Dr Vincent Gray: “The [IPCC] climate change statement is an orchestrated litany of lies.”

Dr Steven Japar: “Temperature measurements show that the climate model-predicted mid-troposphere hot zone is non-existent. This is more than sufficient to invalidate global climate models and projections made with them.”

Dr Georg Kaser: “This number [of receding glaciers reported by the IPCC] is not just a little bit wrong, it is far out by any order of magnitude … It is so wrong that it is not even worth discussing.”

Dr Hans Labohm: “The alarmist passages in the IPCC Summary for Policymakers have been skewed through an elaborate and sophisticated process of spin-doctoring.”

Dr Andrew Lacis: “There is no scientific merit to be found in the Executive Summary. The presentation sounds like something put together by Greenpeace activists and their legal department.”

One of the better statements IMO

Dr Richard Lindzen: “The IPCC process is driven by politics rather than science. It uses summaries to misrepresent what scientists say and exploits public ignorance.”

Dr Philip Lloyd: “I am doing a detailed assessment of the IPCC reports and the Summaries for Policy Makers, identifying the way in which the Summaries have distorted the science. I have found examples of a summary saying precisely the opposite of what the scientists said.”

Dr Lucka Bogataj (Kajfež Bogataj Lučka) The joint recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007, she is one of Slovenia’s pioneers in researching the impact of climate change, and she regularly informs the general public of her findings.She is a full professor and teaches at the Biotechnical Faculty, while also lecturing at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics and at the Faculty of Architecture. More…

Just one of the 46 quoted in the article ...
youtu.be...

climatism.blog...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Suuuure thing.

Are we gonna discuss the VERY OBVIOUS errors and misleading snippets in this article, or do you people want to have an uninterrupted circle-jerk?

*looking out of my window into another far-too warm spring day*
*feeling happy about the stop of fires in Australia*
*having had no use for icescrapers or snowshovels for another year this "winter"*

I know, weather != climate, but those bonzos (and especially that website) is far beyond reality.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Are we gonna discuss the VERY OBVIOUS errors and misleading snippets in this article, or do you people want to have an uninterrupted circle-jerk?

discuss away...I'm more of a superficial reader. I see snippets I like, I jump on it right away. Truth is irrelevant. I want stuff that makes me feel good. Havent even read the article. Just snippets. I'm sold.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Suuuure thing.

*looking out of my window into another far-too warm spring day*
*feeling happy about the stop of fires in Australia*
*having had no use for icescrapers or snowshovels for another year this "winter"*

I know, weather != climate, but those bonzos (and especially that website) is far beyond reality.

Too bad you don't show the same level of skepticism for the climate alarmists....but hey, the science is settled, right?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Stick ten scientists in a room and they will all argue the toss about how the statistics are interpreted. Climate change science is not exception to this rule of thumb.

Yet the majority of scientists agree that climate change is happening. Just because they disagree on the detail does not mean that the disagree on the actuality.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I am not quite sure about it.
Maybe you should get your cat
a parachute.
In the meantime, could you provide
laymans terms?
S&F for posterity.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

And climate = weather
Can you cite any sources for the rest of the statement ?
One that disproves the OP ?
Bet you can't.

do you people want to have an uninterrupted circle-jerk?

Take that kind of "stuff" back to the playground with you , 3rd grader.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Look budday,

The earth changes its climate on it's own. We have little to no effect on it.

Greenhouse gases have been confirmed to be a hell of a lot higher back a few centuries ago and there was supposedly less population and no industrial systems in place.. Yet everything went through it's normal cycles.

Population only has an effect for food availability and space - I'll agree that the population needs to come down, because who in the right mind thinks more than 7 billion - going onto 9 is OK? Not I. Smells like a recipe for disaster.

All of this "climate change is going to kill us in 12 years" nonsense is utterly irresponsible and a clear indication of just political absurdity. I recall many times back 12, 18, 25, etc years ago when some "big shot politician" said the earth was going to burn within "x" amount of years. Guess what happened? It snowed in Mexico.

No one can predict the climate. It will do as it pleases and does not care for what humanity tries to reverse it. But taxing the sh#t out of us is only going to piss us off more and solve nothing in the long run other than making me want to annihilate the gubbment and cut all of its strings. Cause i'm tired of it making brainwashed citizens lose all common sense. The stupidity around this world is more infectious than the new virus.
edit on 11-3-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

meanwhile, here in my country we had the coldest winter in 26 years ( we are in march and its still cold btw ) and lots of rain, go figure, so Germany is not the centre of the universe

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes, we get it. Climate is not linear. It never has been in all of history. What we need to discuss is the impact that humans have on the climate, specifically, then we can make those items a political agenda. The climate alone should not be a political topic.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
The climate alone should not be a political topic.

The climate happens. The climate changes. It’s a moron who thinks the climate is never-changing.

However, in the here-and-now climate is political because the scientific consensus is that climate change this time is exacerbated by the activities of humanity. It's political because politicians should use their power to curtail the impact of (say) building coal powered power stations et al. It's political because countries like China who also happen to be the biggest polluter, seems to get exemption from action.
edit on 11/3/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

I certainly hope we will discuss it. Please list the obvious errors so that it can be discussed.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why do people always forget that it is not just the earth that is experiencing changes that are most likely a cycle?
Other planets in our system are going through changes now too, so is that humans fault too?
Remember when the sun was more yellow than it is now, and now it seems almost white hot as if it is going through some sort of cycle that would affect everything in its sphere of influence.
Just a thought.

top topics

join