It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: Theories on Spread and Quarantines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think we all need a thread to post different ideas of conspiracy theories and inaccuracies on Covid-19.

Where do you think the virus originated? Do you believe China has been honest or that they lied about the virus to their own people and the rest of the world? Do you believe the reported statistics of the disease are accurate or inaccurate?

We can build on each other's ideas and theories. Question the reports on the coronavirus. Add facts, debate, agree or disagree on the different theories.

What's your theory about Covid-19?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

I've read that coronavirus originated in a lab. And I've read that coronavirus originated in a dirty marketplace. Not sure which is true.

But I feel that China has been dishonest about the coronavirus epidemic from the very beginning. I think there was a more deadly strain on the loose in the beginning. And that right before the Chinese New Year that the Chinese government released a weaker strain of the virus in purpose because the were trying to give their people some immunity to the more deadly strain.

Think of it as an attempt to innoculate. Most vaccines are a dead virus or a weakened form of a live virus. By injecting someone with a weakened form of a virus, their bodies build an immunity. Then when a person comes into contact with the full strain of that virus, their immune system can fight it off.

With Covid-19, there is a deadly strain and a weakened strain on the loose. The majority of people are infected with the weakened strain. Some news stories report the weakened strain as the 2nd strain of the virus. Other news stories report the weakened strain of the virus as the original strain.

So did China do it on purpose? Did they intentionally release a weakened strain of the coronavirus to the masses for the Chinese New Year in an attempt to give the people some form of immunity to fight off the deadly strain of the virus?

I think they did. Of course the problem then would be not knowing who was infected with the deadly strain versus the weakened strain in the general public. But China seems to be able to test for both strains.

Then does it work? Does catching the weakened strain give a person immunity to the deadly strain? There are reports of people catching both strains but a lack of reporting if they acquired any immunity to the deadly strain.

And what about mutations of both strains? I think one of the reasons why Italy as a country is under quarantine is because of mutations of the weakened strain and deadly strain. The possibility exists that when so many people are infected with the weakened strain of the coronavirus it could mutate into more severe forms. And not knowing who has which strain and its mutation factor, well the pure lack of uncertainty might mean countrywide quarantine is the only option.
edit on 11-3-2020 by MapMistress because: Typo

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

origin - an emergant clade of a known viral family - totally natural

spread - utter incompetance

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Origin probably hard to tell in China could be both of the OP's thoughts.

Spread I really think it has had some help just because of the odd places it has showed up.

I would bet the Military has a pretty good clue on whats going on.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

origin - an emergant clade of a known viral family - totally natural

spread - utter incompetance

I have a cousin locked down in Wuhan. Everyone there KNOWS it was lab created

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I believe it is natural.

That it did come from lack of proper food animal production.

I think it will not end the world and will be done with in a few months once spring arrives.
We will see it again next flue seasons and it will become a main stay virus along side all the rest.
There will be a vaccine.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

For as long as we know, the common cold (minor illness, one of the 4 legacy strains of coronaviruses) were around and then:

2003 - SARS-CoV
2012 - MERS-CoV
2019 - SARS-CoV-2

What's next in this new world of Coronaviruses on steroids?

Why is it happening? Is the virus family being toyed with? Well, we know it is, but is it that experimentation and manipulation is escaping due to shoddy practices? Is it being released through pure idiocy (i.e. selling experimental animals as food?) Is it simply the disgusting, unsanitary food conditions in parts of the world who are more able to travel than in the past?

Could it be something in nature changing? Bats more suceptible and in closer habitation with humans and domestic animals humans are in close contact with?

Something has changed. We know coronaviruses can spread easily, we also know they can now have extremely high fatality rates (MERS, 35%.)

We'd best figure it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I believe it is natural.

That it did come from lack of proper food animal production.

I think it will not end the world and will be done with in a few months once spring arrives.
We will see it again next flue seasons and it will become a main stay virus along side all the rest.
There will be a vaccine.

A star and
for you.
Rare for me , isn't it ?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MapMistress

I've read that coronavirus originated in a lab. And I've read that coronavirus originated in a dirty marketplace. Not sure which is true.

But I feel that China has been dishonest about the coronavirus epidemic from the very beginning. I think there was a more deadly strain on the loose in the beginning. And that right before the Chinese New Year that the Chinese government released a weaker strain of the virus in purpose because the were trying to give their people some immunity to the more deadly strain.

Here is one that makes sense, one I haven't heard or thought of yet.

I'm in the CT group that believe it was created in a bio lab (or labs). The Chinese government is down playing the seriousness of the virus while going to extremes to contain it as if it were far more deadly. It escaped containment earlier than it was reported discovered, appearing around October rather than December, perhaps allowing time to release the milder form like your theory states.

top topics

join