It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never actually worried about this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So, are you actually saying you had to go to the gun store to get a gun or ammo to make sure you could protect your toilet paper from thieves?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, are you actually saying you had to go to the gun store to get a gun or ammo to make sure you could protect your toilet paper from thieves?

I was actually filling out papers for a suppressor.....

So, Silent but deadly paper usage.....

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

So, you are going to mount a roll of toilet paper on your gun to suppress the noise? Cool, you actually need paperwork for that?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: AutomateThis1

If you have even the smallest tiniest bit of normal natural Human awareness left in your soul then as an Individual you MUST see the desperate eat-your-freaking-heart looks people get in their eyes when they are shopping during a Pre-Pandemic time...people who never feel this way people who don't know how to control themselves under this type of duress....people who are in that dynamic are the most unpredictable animals on Earth....prone to extreme serious even terminal over-reactions...…. it becomes dog eat dog...the fight or flight instinct is flipped on full bore....and the flighty ones are locked up in their houses right now.....so you ARE in the Jungle during these times of Global Stress.

Remember the Store Employees all know who buys how much of what...so get different Family members to go in at different times or get it all sent to a curb-side location by delivery .

My definitions of normal differ greatly from what I've heard from most people. I find people I come around are self-absorbed and only fear for loss of their comforts. You see panic because they can't accept nature and reality for what it is. They grew up soft. They can buy all the friggin toilet paper they want if it helps them sleep at night, but if shtf for real they're in for a rude awakening.

I understand that people are worried about their older family members. That's natural, but death is also natural. Everyone dies at some point. People should enjoy having their older relatives around as long as possible.

I understand there are many people who have immune system issues. That's unfortunate. I wish the best for them.

But the truth behind it all is. I'm tired of hearing about all this panic and people buying up the most ridiculous items.

It used to be people prepared for bad times. Then people got soft. Now many people live paycheck to paycheck for whatever reason. I don't care.

I don't care.

I'm tired of being told I have to care about how worried everyone is.

I can take care of myself. My family members can take care of themselves. My family doesn't need to take turns getting different things from the grocery store. We don't have to worry about this crap. The ones who are a bit older or have health issues all say when it's their time to go, it's their time to go. We don't live in a fantasy world where people live forever, or take their final breath with their eyes closed and a smile on their face.

Act like an animal, get treated like an animal.

I have to stop now. I'm heading to bed. Any more of this crap, and I'll probably get banned. I don't like being like this, because I'm normally a pretty easy going guy.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You don't care so much that you had to make a long-winded post about how much you don't care?

On a thread you had no reason to respond to other than to tell us all how much you don't care?

Don't care so much that you're afraid you'll get banned for telling us how much you don't care?

Makes sense.

Handle your own business, no need to jump on other people.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The key to the mystery is this;
The fundamental motivation of panic-buying is fear of other people's panic-buying.
If ANY item is being made a target, your choice is between joining in, to a degree, or accepting a temporarry shortage.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

My wife calls it the 2020 TP virus.

We were thinking of buying 345,345,345,345 rolls of TP on Amazon, driving to Seattle and selling them out of the back of our van on the side of the road for $5 a roll.

Where we live people have been stealing the TP from public restrooms and travel stops.

Funniest apocalypse ever so far.

Funny you say that. People are already selling them out of Van's here in South Carolina

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think this is kind of a man/woman thing in some ways. A guy who only has to worry about TP maybe once a day, is not nearly as concerned as the women who need it 5-10 times a day. Plus more for monthly joys! And isn't diarrhea one of the symptoms of 'Wu-Flu'?

There are thinkers/planners & then there are clueless/nonplanners.
It isn't even Spring yet, where are you going to find leaves? What if you're too sick to leave the house? What if you live in the middle of a city? Are you going to risk plugging up your plumbing with leaves, paper or cloth? Are you going to throw all that gross stuff into a garbage bag in the bathroom? Maybe put it in the garage if you're lucky enough to have one. What if garbage collection is suspended? What if the weather gets hot? 😝

Some people aren't as worried about other things like food, because they shop sales & stock up moderately all the time, or maybe even can some things. I think people are stocking up on other things too, but TP is so bulky that it's just more noticeable! Then there are the people who stop multiple times a week on the way home, to get something to eat for that night! They are in for a rude awakening! What is that parable about the grasshopper & the ant! 🙄

WOQ

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

You must be a mathematician..

Did you hear about the constipated mathematician?
He worked it out with a pencil.

*ba da boom.... tish*

Hey, tough crowd.... So a drunk man walks into a bar.... and a chair, and a table..

*Boooooooo*

I'll be here all life, see ya tomorrow.

*dodges full glass of vodka and red cordial, thrown with intent*

It reminds me of that time I did a 7 year olds birthday, but with more vodka.

So, you are going to mount a roll of toilet paper on your gun to suppress the noise? Cool, you actually need paperwork for that?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant

You don't care so much that you had to make a long-winded post about how much you don't care?

On a thread you had no reason to respond to other than to tell us all how much you don't care?

Don't care so much that you're afraid you'll get banned for telling us how much you don't care?

Makes sense.

Handle your own business, no need to jump on other people.

I, personally, can not care in no less than 10000 words.

Try me.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeah the wife and I went grocery shopping recently and picked up our normal supply of TP, we didn't have enough hands to get everything up to the apartment in one trip. She pulled the cover down in the hatch of our SUV so no one could see it. I didn't even think to do that because I wasn't sure people were quite that desperate, in hindsight I imagine they might be.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
I would be composting the leaves to use with the food I grow. Closed loop.
You must live up North where it snows or in the Southwest in a semi-arid climate. I was looking at a nice flowering bush who's leaves I have utilized before with comfort.

Being in Florida, it mostly stays green in fall and winter.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

He said that if the alarm went off and he ran out and saw someone fleeing from my vehicle with my TP. He would NOT DARE SHOOT.

He wouldn't risk hitting the toilet paper.

Let me guess, a 12 gauge is his preferred weapon to stash behind the counter?

Let it snow...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

Good one. You did such a great job picking my rant apart.

I handle my own business. What I'm tired of is other people trying to tell me how to feel or what to think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join