It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pitched 0% payroll tax rate for the rest of the year

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Her hubby was between jobs. Lost the insurance from the one job and was just hoping he'd be able to pick up another job quick.

Besides, she is an anti-Obama, anti-Obamacare, protrump person. I only knew about her needing the surgery because she was on facebook trying to blame obamacare for the surgeon wanting the high down payment. Something which I just couldnt let pass considering. She knew I had gone through the same danged thing, before there was a president obama even. And well, she would have at least been pretty much functional and the down he wanted from her was far less that what the surgeon wanted from me. By the time the state senator intervened on my behalf, I had given up and resigned myself to the fact that I was just never gonna walk again.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Her hubby was between jobs. Lost the insurance from the one job and was just hoping he'd be able to pick up another job quick.

Besides, she is an anti-Obama, anti-Obamacare, protrump person. I only knew about her needing the surgery because she was on facebook trying to blame obamacare for the surgeon wanting the high down payment. Something which I just couldnt let pass considering. She knew I had gone through the same danged thing, before there was a president obama even. And well, she would have at least been pretty much functional and the down he wanted from her was far less that what the surgeon wanted from me. By the time the state senator intervened on my behalf, I had given up and resigned myself to the fact that I was just never gonna walk again.

Isn't Cobra still a thing?

If hubby out of job and insurance - surely ACA would have kicked in immediately?

I guess the fact that she is pro Trump means it's Trump's fault somehow? LOL Otherwise, I don't know why that was relevant to the question.
edit on 11-3-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm on medicare now!! Over 60+ disability= social security check and medicare..

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

excellent
so you can tell us how great government funded healthcare is?
please, by all means, go on

also, imo if you still have issues you should look into that link I provided
holding those accountable who are responsible for your condition would be a good thing

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I have no idea how it worked in ny..
I'm in va now. My husband tried to get on it and it was kicked back referring us to medicaid, which, virginia didnt extend medicaid so it was rather useless to us.
Ya know, too rich for Medicaid, too poor for obamacare..
Which, I may remind you... was a failure that republican governors and senators created..

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I guess the fact that she is pro Trump means it's Trump's fault somehow?

it is that time of the election cycle, next we will be told trump himself boofed the coronavirus into existence to stay in office
it is coming
watch and see

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I have no idea how it worked in ny..
I'm in va now. My husband tried to get on it and it was kicked back referring us to medicaid, which, virginia didnt extend medicaid so it was rather useless to us.
Ya know, too rich for Medicaid, too poor for obamacare..
Which, I may remind you... was a failure that republican governors and senators created..

What? ACA is heavily subsidized for the poor. You cannot be too poor for ACA.

Or else what is the point?

You can remind me but I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that republican governors and senators are responsible.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I guess the fact that she is pro Trump means it's Trump's fault somehow?

it is that time of the election cycle, next we will be told trump himself boofed the coronavirus into existence to stay in office
it is coming
watch and see

Bill Maher already got that covered.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You can remind me but I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that republican governors and senators are responsible.

wasn't the aca a straight party line vote?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

excellent
so you can tell us how great government funded healthcare is?
please, by all means, go on

also, imo if you still have issues you should look into that link I provided
holding those accountable who are responsible for your condition would be a good thing

for some reason, it aint working for her friend. Maybe because her friend is "pro Trump"?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Lol... not if it means I have to go back to my to fight the case... I have no desire to give that state one cent in tax money ever again.. not in sales tax, income tax. Or any of the other taxes and fees they have to suck money out of the pockets of their citizens. It's bad enough I would still have the habit of hitting the second hand stores, just so I can deprive the state of their precious tax money if i was able to get out and get to them.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Lol... not if it means I have to go back to my to fight the case... I have no desire to give that state one cent in tax money ever again.. not in sales tax, income tax. Or any of the other taxes and fees they have to suck money out of the pockets of their citizens. It's bad enough I would still have the habit of hitting the second hand stores, just so I can deprive the state of their precious tax money if i was able to get out and get to them.

so you wont pay tax to the govt, but we all should pay tax to the govt? Right?

I am really trying to understand you and having a difficult time.

And you are against the payroll temporary tax cut. Why?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ACA discriminates against pro Trump supporters. Hmmm

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

you understand, in this day and age, you would not have to actually travel anywhere?
interwebs, conference calls, electronic signatures....ect.....

good luck tho

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
ACA discriminates against pro Trump supporters. Hmmm

just the democrats that crossed over an voted for him

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

When obamacare first came out, the idea was that the states would expand medicaid up to a point and obama care would subsidized the cost of those who couldnt pay the full price of the policies but could pay at least some..
The republican governors and state senators didnt like the idea that the federal govt was telling them they had to expand without any assurance that they would be paying a higher cost long term and took it to court and won. So while Obamacare was designed with the idea that a portion of those they wanted to help would be taken in by medicaid, that wasn't the way it was.
Weather they corrected it later I have no idea. I was back to working 40-50 hours a week, regardless of how much pain I felt or how much I stumbled around clinging to an insurance provided by the boss.. and when I ended up having to quit that job, I just didnt care anymore.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
perhaps they should have passed a law that would withstand constitutional scrutiny?
you know, read it before they passed it perhaps?
just an idea.....

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

When obamacare first came out, the idea was that the states would expand medicaid up to a point and obama care would subsidized the cost of those who couldnt pay the full price of the policies but could pay at least some..
The republican governors and state senators didnt like the idea that the federal govt was telling them they had to expand without any assurance that they would be paying a higher cost long term and took it to court and won. So while Obamacare was designed with the idea that a portion of those they wanted to help would be taken in by medicaid, that wasn't the way it was.
Weather they corrected it later I have no idea. I was back to working 40-50 hours a week, regardless of how much pain I felt or how much I stumbled around clinging to an insurance provided by the boss.. and when I ended up having to quit that job, I just didnt care anymore.

And that is precisely when ACA coverage, thru the federal govt. is supposed to kick in and cost you nothing.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Because I highly doubt it is a tax cut and even if it were, I've figured out awhile back we will all more than likely end up paying more in the long run.
But, our govt has no willpower to cut enough of the spending to make up for a close to year long tax holiday.
They need money for their wall, for new ships, new airplanes, improvements on military bases, money for bombs and missiles, money for golf carts for secret service agents, money, money, money, bridges to nowhere, airports not wanted or needed, hotels in areas already oversaturated with hotels, new sports stadiums....

Its congress, and it's their job to spend money we dont have, and they are like drunken sailors on shore leave!!!

I feel so strongly about my because I watched as every danged tax and fee they could hike up get hiked up always with the excuse that they had to pay the medicaid. I watched as the neighbor across the street run her danged kid to the doctors whenever she got as much as a runny nose and hike her heat up opening all her window in the middle of winter, because well, why not she didnt have to pay her heat bill. And, we paid those taxes and fees, even during those times when money was scarce and I was driving food that was enough to feed three into four portions and going without...
And, when I needed help?? There was none!! It took a danged legislator intervening for me to get the surgery I need, better a late than never and once i got the danged bill, i just stopped the danged physical therapy. That danged bill was probably more than i have earned since then!! Well, we paid what we felt was suitable for the crappy healthcare provided and said adios after the bankruptcy.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hey, I wasn't in favor of their danged law to begin with.. to me it was like they were telling all those people and businesses that were screaming we cant afford this tough luck..
You better find a way because we are making it a law that you do! Just a big nicely wrapped gift to the insurance companies..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join