It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pitched 0% payroll tax rate for the rest of the year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It should help the stock market tomorrow... That's really what it's all about. Oh, if I was a bettin man...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
if you like having a large tax bill at the end of the year, by all means support this.

hes not cutting taxes, just what is taken out of your check. you still have to pay.

id rather pay a little each week than pay it all at the end of the year.

basically, youre just borrowing from the irs.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
en.wikipedia.org...
you are aware that obama ran un opposed in some states for his re election campaing in 2012 right?

Four states canceled their respective Democratic primaries altogether, citing Obama being the only candidate to qualify on their respective ballot: Connecticut,[17] Delaware,[18] New York,[19] and Virginia.[20]
and earlier quote what with him being the incumbent just like trump is but even then sanders debated trying to primary challenge an incumbent tell harry reid talked him out it

The general expectation was that, with President Barack Obama having the advantage of incumbency and being the only viable candidate running, the race would be merely pro forma. Vermont senator Bernie Sanders reportedly considered challenging Obama in the primaries but decided not to run after then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid talked him out of it.[2]
so it tends to be things incumbents get to enjoy

id quote the nyt article about members of the house that have run uncontested for over a deccade but its being really weird about copying the URL its from 2018 and talks about how over 20 members of the house have not had a primary opponent for over 10 years

time.com...

This campaign is the first time an incumbent president has faced a challenger with name recognition within his own party since 1992, when Republican president George H.W. Bush faced a challenge from more conservative Pat Buchanan — but that wasn’t the only time a sitting President has had to fight for his spot on the ballot.
50 years ago the party officials just chose them but per time only 5 incumbents ever faced serious challengers and none of them ever beat an incumbent

While an incumbent President has never lost a primary nomination in modern U.S. history, these five challengers put up a serious fight.
and with roughly 95% of approval in the republican party and in the primaries he has had his name on roughly 90% of the votes went to trump its kind of forgone any of them had a chance at all

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Deplorable

Can't argue with more money!

Money talks, but it doesn't listen.

You have to ask, though, where all the extra money that the government doesn't get from payroll tax anymore, is going to come from?

Why not spend less on crud? Can I borrow your credit cards?

TAX tax tax.... Three trillion goes missing...Raise taxes some more. Watch them fill their pockets, but watch the pockets in the roads, they won't be fixed. Taxes are needed but not like we have seen, where problems still are not solved, but DC spits out millionaires like candy.

So, when does the swamp start to empty?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You have to ask, though, where all the extra money that the government doesn't get from payroll tax anymore, is going to come from?

Why not spend less on crud? Can I borrow your credit cards?

TAX tax tax.... Three trillion goes missing...Raise taxes some more. Watch them fill their pockets, but watch the pockets in the roads, they won't be fixed. Taxes are needed but not like we have seen, where problems still are not solved, but DC spits out millionaires like candy.

So, when does the swamp start to empty?

Likely when our sun goes Nova.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

But profit is profit. It is clean unencumbered money.

Taxing people on the sale of their residence is probably the worst type of tax I can think of. You've already paid taxes on it the entire time you've 'owned' it.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
You mean the one where they walked so much, the trees walked also?

That's the one. Little mf'ers talked too much, I was rooting for the giant eyeball.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Cuts in social programs that keep people on the plantation

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

What if we stopped paying billions of dollars into welfare for illegals? It wouldn’t hurt if the House stopped spending millions of dollars on manufactured hatred, that money could go to better causes, like the situation we’re in now.

What if we stopped paying trillions of dollars for corporate welfare?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
as long as the proper changes are made to the irs rates it sounds great
nobody wants to get rearended for no payroll tax for an extended period at the end of the year

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Here's something I just stumbled across:

Link

President Donald Trump, in a meeting with Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday, pitched a 0% payroll tax rate that would last through the rest of this year, a White House official told CNBC.

and

There was also discussion of making the payroll tax rollback permanent, said the official

Best news I heard all day.

When Bush cut payroll withholding we all celebrated, until tax time and we found out that we still owed the same amount, it just was not held from our paychecks. We had to come up with the money.
If the tax RATE is not reduced, then all that will happen is you got your cash now, but Mr. Taxman is still expecting. By then, he'll be relaxing in his Oval Orfice and we'll be scrambling to find a couple thousand dollars.
Think people!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

“Own”

Try not paying those yearly taxes, you’ll find out you don’t “own” that home soon enough.

Only thing Americans truly own is firearms, if they choose to do so, and even that is coming under heavy scrutiny lately with Red Flag schemes and other nonsense.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Maybe he should direct the IRS and state tax agencies to issue a “blanket” automatic extension to file and pay! until sometime in July, after this outbreak is supposed to have “burned itself out”.

That way, many of the most vulnerable to this virus won’t be herded together at tax preparation offices, trying to file before the upcoming April deadline.

And just giving an extension to file is meaningless if you still have to go to an office to figure out how much you have to pay with your request for an extension to file.

Not too many older folks are tax savvy enough to prepare their own returns online.

Fewer exposed means fewer sick. Fewer sick means less of a burden on the healthcare system.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Lumenari

So your Putin refernce had nothing to do with Russia.

LOL

I guess you also don't understand what "voting" means.

Guess you don't understand what voting means when you only have one choice. Hence my point. Sweetcakes.

Or that he is running without opposition in a Primary race (you know, where voters don't even have to show up because he's already won the Primary)

Or when no challenges are allowed by the Party.

But keep your head in the sand, honey.

No offense, but you have a really limited entertainment value for me, so I'm done with you for the night.

Hey, I'm tired of hypocrisy and willful ignorance, too. Watch something educational.

Technically, Trump is not running unopposed. It just seems that way since the opponent is that never Trumpers Weld who actually ran as Liberterian VP in 2016 with Gary Johnson. Weld has only received 1% of the vote in Republican Primary so far.

I didn't vote in the primary this year. It is obvious that the DNC knows they cannot beat Trump, thus they have thrusted 2 old geezers who are on their way out anyways. They retain the younger ones who gained some experience for 2024. I will be curious who will be stupid enough to agree to be their VP in an obvious losing 2020 election? I would not want my political career blemished by tagging up with either doofus this election.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So, at the end of the year, do yous end up with a hefty tax bill because they weren't withholding any all year? Of are they just talking about the portion that is funding social security which means that you will probably be expected to pay much more providing help to your elderly parents than you saved through this plan??

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

take it out of congress pay

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Or, ground air force one..

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't care if that happens. Trump can do business remotely

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

What if we stopped paying billions of dollars into welfare for illegals? It wouldn’t hurt if the House stopped spending millions of dollars on manufactured hatred, that money could go to better causes, like the situation we’re in now.

No, the situation you are in now is that the rich people rule you and they have always done so and they want to protect their money from you, but always be able to get money from you.

WTH? In context I don't see how that has anything to do with our current CV situation.

Just stop paying welfare to non-citizens who make no attempt for years to become citizens. That is the solution to that.

No, that is not a solution, that is a problem. Why should I pay welfare to people/criminals that enter into our country illegally and then wait for years to see if they decide they want become legal or not? That's just asinine backwards thought that creates more debt and problems.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

It's funny how you think this will help you. Companies pay the payroll tax not the employee. The only ones getting more money are the companies you work for.

Let's see how that trickle down economics you all believe in works for you.

Da fluck you talking 'bout? I most definitely have to pay payroll tax here in MA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join