It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pitched 0% payroll tax rate for the rest of the year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Money doesn't do you too well if you're dead.

Unless a couple of pennies.

Trump so far, running unopposed in this primary, has gotten the most votes in history for a Republican.

Sounds like a Putin election, but you don't see the irony. I am not surprised.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He's got Biden to beat him like a drum?

OMFG.

You ACTUALLY think that Biden is going to beat him in a debate?

From the chair that Biden will have to sit in to even get through the first hour?

BUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

~wipes tears from eyes~

Thank you for that... it's the funniest thing I've heard today.

Biden will think he's debating Mondale or Thatcher or maybe Moses.

If he even knows he's there.

I guess it will depend if they mix his drugs up right that day.

Or change his depend.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Trump so far, running unopposed in this primary, has gotten the most votes in history for a Republican.

You don't see a lot of Americans coming together to re-elect Trump.

You see Russia.

I'm not surprised.

Seems your programming is complete.

edit on 10-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It will only be nice for those who still have a job-those people aren't going to be the ones in need

I just started a new job a right at the end of '19-......

In a travel related industry......

Even if they found a miracle cure tomorrow, it will take a year or two for travel to bounce back.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You see Russia.

I'm not surprised.

I don't see Russia. You said a candidate (Trump) running without opposition and having such a high approval, ever. A candidate running with no opposition...with such a high approval. That's dictator #, when there is no opposition and the leader has the best numbers.

That you don't see the irony, your programming is complete.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

It's funny how you think this will help you. Companies pay the payroll tax not the employee. The only ones getting more money are the companies you work for.

Let's see how that trickle down economics you all believe in works for you.
edit on 3/10/2020 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I can't wait for a Biden Trump debate. I could see Joe going off on the kick your ass in back of the gym senerio and Trump walking over and saying don't let your mouth over load your ass son , commenting BS talks and then it walks.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The President has talked about the desire to grant a middle-class tax cut for over a year now. This is a good way to deliver it. I don't think Congressional approval is needed? Hope not. Democrat leaders would vote against a working-class tax cut.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You see Russia.

I'm not surprised.

I don't see Russia. You said a candidate (Trump) running without opposition and having such a high approval, ever. A candidate running with no opposition...with such a high approval. That's dictator #, when there is no opposition and the leader has the best numbers.

That you don't see the irony, your programming is complete.

So your Putin refernce had nothing to do with Russia.

LOL

I guess you also don't understand what "voting" means.

Or that he is running without opposition in a Primary race (you know, where voters don't even have to show up because he's already won the Primary) but so many people are voting anyway because they are not only showing support, but showing the party that has had the longest tantrum of all time (2016-present) that if you think the popular vote matters, we'll win that too.

Or "Dictatorship."

No offense, but you have a really limited entertainment value for me, so I'm done with you for the night.

Off to watch a movie... have fun in Narnia.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Here's something I just stumbled across:

Link

President Donald Trump, in a meeting with Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday, pitched a 0% payroll tax rate that would last through the rest of this year, a White House official told CNBC.

and

There was also discussion of making the payroll tax rollback permanent, said the official

Best news I heard all day.

Well someone did, that much is official..though since Trump wasn't about, I didn't hear so much about permanence.

So without the permanent bit, a lot of countries have aid plans the same or similar because of the virus, that includes banks, much of it to bolster airlines and the like.
What should really be considered is how businessmen will sustain against the stalwarts of industry...where there is industry of course!
It's little to do with tax on personal income..except....?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Can't argue with more money!

Money talks, but it doesn't listen.

You have to ask, though, where all the extra money that the government doesn't get from payroll tax anymore, is going to come from?

Why not spend less on crud? Can I borrow your credit cards?

TAX tax tax.... Three trillion goes missing...Raise taxes some more. Watch them fill their pockets, but watch the pockets in the roads, they won't be fixed. Taxes are needed but not like we have seen, where problems still are not solved, but DC spits out millionaires like candy.
edit on 10-3-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh Gee, what would an effective 24%-37% raise do for working Americans....

We should have adopted a Fair Tax system years ago. A straightforward sales tax on non-essential goods and services. Medicine would be tax free. Yachts would have sales tax. Family sedan, no tax; sports car, sales tax.

Pretty simple.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So your Putin refernce had nothing to do with Russia.

LOL

I guess you also don't understand what "voting" means.

Guess you don't understand what voting means when you only have one choice. Hence my point. Sweetcakes.

Or that he is running without opposition in a Primary race (you know, where voters don't even have to show up because he's already won the Primary)

Or when no challenges are allowed by the Party.

But keep your head in the sand, honey.

No offense, but you have a really limited entertainment value for me, so I'm done with you for the night.

Hey, I'm tired of hypocrisy and willful ignorance, too. Watch something educational.

edit on 10-3-2020 by Liquesence because: problem with the code. Rest of reply not showing up

edit on Tue Mar 10 2020 by Jbird because: fixed bb code

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
A country has to have gains before they can be taxed, no?

I suppose they could start by trying to tax Peter Jackson on his profits from that film series about midgets who love jewelry.
You mean the one where they walked so much, the trees walked also?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

How is that in ANY way equality?

So the person that makes 40K a year owes $50,000.... and the person that makes 1 Million a year owes $50,000?

How about we all pay the same percentage?

Does the rich person use more roads, more Goverment subsistence, pay equal sales tax, property tax etc etc?

You know, not punish the successful and reward failure.

Think before hitting the reply button please.

/facepalm

How much should it cost to be an American? Why should it cost you nothing and me 100k? How about we have everyone pay 1 dollar each? Why charge me 100 bucks for a loaf of bread because I happen to be able to afford it?

edit on 10-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

FICA taxes are both employee and employer and there is no limit to what the government can take nor brackers. In fact taxes some FICA go up over 200k. If you got rid of them then the companies AND the employees would be keeping their monies which is what was suggested. Federal Tax would still be paid for current entitlement programs. So would FUTA for Unemployment.

This would stimulate the economy and would not be the first time it has happened in the last decade.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Cut the bellyaching spin, you know what he means. Running with no one against you for top office is equal to a Saddam Hussein or Kim Dynasty vote. They could call those an "election" all they wanted to, but they were shady, at best. Edit: Because we knew with no one to run against them, it was a sham vote, period. Why aspire to that s#?
edit on 3/10/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
stop giving money to every tom, harry, and dick country and illegal immigrant in the world and take care of its own citizens we would have a surplus in no time.

Start educating instead of attempting to indoctrinate our youth and use prison's to produce something rather than spend spend spend on bs. Its simple economics and upward mobility.

A flat consumption tax for all would be far fairer than the mess we have had for many years.

and while I'm at it the health care system would fix itself in no time if the government would stop corrupt billing practices in the medical industry and get out of the insurance business.

Teach children that having illegitimate children is bad and requiring mommy and daddy to that child to pay for misdeeds instead of giving them money would be a start.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just hearing it suggested made me all giddy.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So, where is our government going to get the money it spends? That is insane, they have to have money to pay for all the money they waste everyday and a little bit to pay for the people actually doing all the work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join