It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will climate change be blamed for the COVID-19 outbreak?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
While we're all speculating how exactly COVID-19 got into existance. Naturally, or engineerd, there is one possible theory I haven't seen mentioned yet. I remembered some years back suddenly all world and religious leaders for some reason decided to make a visit to Antarctica. I think it's quite likely the place where they'll ride out the ''apocalypse''. So, I decided to do a little research and came across the following article: Article where scientists say they could survive over there for years and mention an 'official' capacity. (Who knows how many secret bases there are)

The Rothera station leader said: “We have a contingency plan down here to survive for a number of years, but I do not think it is going to come to that and the whole planet would have to be in a very poor place before that situation would arise.”

Anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 people reside throughout the year at research stations owned by different nations that are scattered across the continent.

Quite interesting when keeping in mind this is what is actually being told. Anyway, I went on with my research and came across this: Article

The study's authors warn that ice melt "will release glacial microbes and viruses that have been trapped and preserved for tens to hundreds of thousands of years."

We know the Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world, while ice sheets across the planet have shown consistent thinning linked to climate change and changing weather patterns.

The last two months have seen Antarctica break its record for ice melt—it was reported that 15 percent of the continent's surface melted on Christmas Eve—and record warm water under its most precarious glacier, the Thwaites glacier.

And the following: Ancient Viruses Awaken as the Tibetan Plateau Melts

This one mentions something very interesting:

Early this year, researcher Zhi-Ping Zhong and a team of researchers discovered 33 viral populations within two ice cores that had been extracted from the Guliya ice cap in the northwestern part of the Tibetan Plateau, in the Kunlun Mountains of northwestern China. The ice dates as far back as 15,000 years ago. All but five of the viral groups are new to science, and about half were predicted to have infected different strains of bacteria, which were also abundant in the ice.

The Tibetan Plateau is a vast, high altitude arid grassland home to species like the snow leopard, Tibetan wolf, and wild yak. It is surrounded by some of the world’s highest mountain chains including the Himalayas, the Qilian and Kunlun mountains, and the Karakoram range of northern Kashmir. Shadowed by the world’s two highest peaks, Mount Everest and K2, at an elevation that averages over 4,500 meters, the Tibetan Plateau is known to many as “the roof of the world.”

To climate scientists, however, the Tibetan Plateau and its crown of peaks is known as “The Third Pole,” since it is home to tens of thousands of glaciers containing the world’s largest non-polar reservoir of ice. These glaciers feed the most renowned Asian rivers, including the Yangtze, Yellow, Mekong, and Ganges which stretch thousands of kilometers into the arid regions of China and Pakistan and supply water to almost a third of the world’s population.

(Bold by me)

Now, this part I find very interesting, as it includes the 3 following factors: Melting ice, trapped virusses AND the flow to China's rivers, among others. It just so happens Wuhan is located at one of those rivers. What do you guys think (apart from the elite's possibly hiding out in Antarctica?)

Will they try to blame climate change for all of this?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if some blamed the climate, or Trump, but I heard/read somewhere it doesn't do well in warmer temps so I kind of doubt it was caused by warmer temps.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was gonna say something smartass as thid is the. 10,000th CV thread just today.

But this actually has merit.

Sort of along the lines of Russias permafrost melting and releasing s buttload of co2.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

No, it's likely as an earlier thread pointed out due to the extremely vile and cruel conditions Chinese food animal's are kept in and how they are sold causing conditions extremely conducive to allowing a virus to jump species and mutate.

Global warming play's no part.

Though Global Warming may indeed increase the risk of Novel virus outbreak's as ancient virus that are dorment and trapped in the permafrost of the arctic regions, under the snow and ice of mountainous regions etc are thawed out and able to re-enter the biosphere.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It's following the cold season in the northern hemisphere, this is what happens with a cold virus, which is what Covid-19 is.

I can bet sometime mid April it will start to die down, and it will somewhat migrate south, then it will start to really take off a bit in some areas... like all cold virus' do.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think its more of a climate change as caused by our massive overpopulation than anything else

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

No, that is squarely on China.

It supposedly originated in their open meat market either through overcrowding of animals in cages crapping on the creature below or some jackass selling the lab animals to the meat market to make money. Either way, China's crappy regulation, greed of lab workers, and or failure to enforce sanitation standards is 100% responsible for this.

nypost.com...

And then there is this little-known fact: Some Chinese researchers are in the habit of selling their laboratory animals to street vendors after they have finished experimenting on them.

You heard me right.

Instead of properly disposing of infected animals by cremation, as the law requires, they sell them on the side to make a little extra cash. Or, in some cases, a lot of extra cash. One Beijing researcher, now in jail, made a million dollars selling his monkeys and rats on the live animal market, where they eventually wound up in someone’s stomach.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I could not disagree more as far as blaming humanity and population is concerned, it has caused problem's but most of those are societal and strain on the CURRENT eco system, we have CONTRIBUTED toward climate change, we have prevented an ice age even perhaps or the early onset of one but all it takes is some volcanic activity to set that back to zero and reduce heat hitting the ground for us to actually descend back into an ice age.

We are in a period of time on this earth called the Quaternary ice age, it is not the last ice age or the next ice age it is a period maybe four, five or even more million years old (conservative scientific estimates are much less at only 2.6 million years or there about's but the entire climate of north africa changed about 4 to 5 million years ago so I think it really began at that time) that has been marked by a succession of massive glaciation interspersed by periods of global warming to temperature even hotter than it is today, the heating seem's to slow the oceanic conveyor and also this affects the jet stream and this in turn causes a natural global climatic swing back to the cold - we are just not quite there yet but give it a few more degree's and enough water to desalinte the ocean's a bit more slowing the oceanic conveyor down and that may actually then trigger a sudden and prolonged (up to ten or more thousand years) cold snap or GLACIAL MAXIMUM period.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Two thing's contribute toward NATURAL global warming, one is of course how much heat is trapped in the atmosphere, plant's can absorb CO2 that does help to balance this and so does indeed the ocean's that actually as long as they are healthy absorb far more than all the forests on the entire earth AND the other is the Sun, our sun is slowly, naturally and inexoribly getting hotter.

Go back maybe 2.4 billion years ago the earth may have had a thicker atmosphere, more CO2 and other compound's as well as other causes contributed to it being a warm world BUT the sun was half it's current age and was much cooler back then, suddenly about 2.2 billion years ago the planet entered a earlier ice age or succession of ice ages that has been dubbed SNOW BALL EARTH, this was a period when the planet even froze over to the Equator with probably any early life only surviving as microbial or near hot vent's in the deepest ocean's and in under the ground itself.

Why did the planet cool, there are many theory's such as microbes eating all that CO2 and leaving the planet to freeze, Massive volcanic activity cooling and then later WARMING the planet (about 750 to 500 million years ago so the snow ball earth period lasted for nearly two billion years there), there may have been periods during the snow ball earth period when the entire planet was warm enough for entire eco system's to have arisen then been wiped out as it cooled again but there is a layer missing in the rock known as the great non conformity were at least 1 to 2 miles of the earth's surface seem's to have been eroded away by these massive glacial period's.

Compared to the natural swing of our planet the human influence is tiny and truly insignificant, we are not responsible though we may have held off a little ice age,.
en.wikipedia.org...
(in fact Regional markers seem to show that the mongol expansion killed so many people it caused local cooling probably because the people whom used to live in city's and town's that were then wasteland's were no longer cooking food, farming animal's etc though it was truly a tiny swing)

The problem that our population causes is population density, this makes it easier for a virus or bacterial pathogen to spread, also our proximity to animal's makes it easier for such a pathogenic bacteria or virus to jump species.

But I argue that our planet is NOT over crowded, not at all, it is however very - very - very badly administrated by the idiot's in charge.

And it is that maladministration - the form our economy's have taken as well which is why we are not trying to clean up our ocean's and nations effectively.

Where global warming poses a thread as far as virological and bacteriological pathogen's are concerned is if dangerous strain's trapped in the permafrost somehow become active again and enter the biosphere.
www.bbc.com...
www.scientificamerican.com...

Some of these may make the current outbreak look very tame indeed.

edit on 10-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
I think its more of a climate change as caused by our massive overpopulation than anything else

If you brought every single man woman and child in the world together in Texas there would still be over 1' of space around each.
Only 3% of the entire African continent is populated. Of that 3% , 95% lives at or near the coast.
And that is just a few of the points I read once upon a time..

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

If you brought every single man woman and child in the world together in Texas there would still be over 1' of space around each.

A lot more than elbow rubbin' , Captain. For 7.7 bil and
change in population and the 2% of Texas underwater..
it comes to a little over 940 square feet for everyone.
15x60 feet, we oughta get together and start a shop...

And strictly to the OP. [r] I blame deliberate slow-walking
the info, disinfo and outright lies about everything (except
the original color of DeVoss' hair) in order to perpetuate
some genocide thinly disguised as total blithering incompe-
tence. "Really bad", Anthony?? And what was AIDS to the
CDC anyway OTHER than blame shifting with no clutch?[/r]
edit on 10-3-2020 by derfreebie because: Rant intended and complete for the record...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i mean the black plague came from china, so has every flu and many other viruses so I'm inclined to believe it has to do with something the Chinese people have always done that's accessed by everyone around the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I know it sounds completely ridiculous. I just couldn't help notice the possibility. I mean, the pieces of the puzzle are there. They could theoretically do it, and I know the climate change agenda writers are insane enough to add this to their bible if they want to.

I'm not saying it actually came from this. I am personally convinced this is a bio-weapon. Maybe a weak one, but still. It could possibly be supplemented with Virus.2 or even 5G. Or maybe it is just a not-so-destructive bio-weapon to enforce mandatory vaccines on humanity.

I am fully convinced COVID-19 is here for a reason. What that reason is exactly, who knows.

new topics

top topics

join