It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All travelers to Israel put in isolation for 2 weeks due to coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

The "crackdown" on the virus is going up a few notches around the world.

Israel has begun isolating all visitors for 2 weeks. Then once they test good, then they have their holiday or visit with family/friends.

All people entering Israel from abroad will be required to spend 14 days in home isolation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday. The measure became effective at 8 p.m. Monday night.

“After a day of complex discussions, we have made a decision: Whoever arrives in Israel from abroad will enter quarantine for 14 days,” Netanyahu said in a video statement Monday as 50 Israelis were diagnosed with coronavirus. “This is a difficult decision but it is essential to maintaining public health, which takes precedence over everything.

ALL travelers to Israel put in isolation for 2 weeks due to coronavirus

This will hit tourist related economy big time. Will put a big damper on the upcoming "big money generator", Easter tourism to Jerusalem.

Considering what it has done to Italy, and considering just how small an area Israel occupies; if the virus got loose, it could easily grab the whole country in no time flat.

Israels army consists of the people in the streets there, men and women. A big outbreak there could conceivably affect national defence abilities pretty quickly.

Again, I say, look for some similar moves in the USA, in certain cities/regions as it progresses.

Pravdaseeker
edit on 10-3-2020 by pravdaseeker because: clarify cities or regions in prediction, at this point.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

I wonder how much a 2 week stay at Quarantine Hotel will set travelers back?

But, it's not a dumb idea! In Hawaii, they quarantine pets for up to 5 months (for rabies), and rich people happily island hop to go visit their animals in state lockdown, until they can bring them to their new Hawaiian home. Not that people are animals, but, they kinda are.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings Sookie; great input there!

Eggs-zachary... 2 weeks at a hotel would run a pretty penny for sure! That is hanging out in the room only. I don't think swimming in the pool, lounging around the bar, or dining room for dinner would be allowed.

Went through similar deal with dogs when I moved to Australia...even with much beforehand preparation, they were in doggy prison for 10 weeks. Without that pre prepping with vets, shots, records, etc.. It was a 6 month felony lock up type
incarceration for my fur babies.

And, yes, people ARE animals. Sometimes they act/behave worse than animals.

This will wipe out the tourist industry in Israel until this situation is no longer required by the authorities.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This will wipe out the tourist industry in Israel until this situation is no longer required by the authorities.

Loosing money on tourism will be cheaper in the long run than ruining the entire country's economy in an unchecked outbreak.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

2 weeks at a hotel would run a pretty penny for sure! That is hanging out in the room only. I don't think swimming in the pool, lounging around the bar, or dining room for dinner would be allowed.

Right, but the room service meals and personal temperature takers make up for those lost amenities!

Went through similar deal with dogs when I moved to Australia...

I hear Australia cracks down hard on people who try to smuggle their pets in! Not to mention the exotic animal trade coming in from Asia.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Hey there nugget1, yep, no doubt...

Which is why they decided to go for the big all inclusive quarantine.

Even though Netanyahu mentioned it being the health of the people being first and foremost for this harsh decision;
with out healthy citizens, he has no army, air force, etc to defend Israel if a nation decided to hit Israel if they were weak due to a pandemic.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hey, a nation with some common sense. They should make it 3 weeks just in case.

new topics

top topics

join