It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China arrests more than 800,000 people for state security reasons.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
If you get people to conform, who cares how you do it? As long as they surrender themselves to the system, those at the top are satisfied.

It's all about the status quo. I think that is an under-rated concept. I have been thinking about the term 'conformity' recently and have decided that our country has implemented a system that successfully incites conformity. The trick is in creating a ton of social cliques, if one doesn't work for you, there is another that may exist.....for me, an inherently paranoid individual, it was a conspiracy site on the internet.

The status quo in China is a bit harsher and relies on, imo, less evolved techniques. There is obvious disatisfaction amongst the civilization, if I understand correctly, and that will lead to civil unrest that may or may not have been avoided..........

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The dissatisfaction among the population is over-rated to say the least. The fact of the matter is, even among the rural poor, the situation has largely being improving.

Heck, China now has a labour shortage with employees in cities like Guangzhou being able to pick and choose.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just a question to all of you objective thinkers out there.

Is any of Seekerof's information provided propaganda?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The title itself is propaganda..........

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join