It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sets Boy's Hair On Fire.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
The Cash-Landrum case is not as isolated an incident as some people think, then, in terms of injuries suffered from a UFO (or black project).
I'm not aware of any injuries in the Cash-Landrum case. I'm aware of claims of injuries, but not actual injuries resulting from exposure to a UFO.

So to me this case is nothing like the Cash Landrum case, because it seems the 8 year old by was actually injured by the UFO, something I can't say about anybody involved with Cash-Landrum, there are too many red flags with that case.

Good point, mate. I should have thrown an "allegedly" into the mix, but generally the case's headline attraction for the genre masses is "UFO injury!"... until the details are inspected more closely.

originally posted by: jeep3r

By the way, I have a new thread in the works and hope it'll be ready-to-post in this forum later this week.

Sounds enticing! Care to give us a few clues about the subject matter in the meantime?

edit on 16-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Thanks for the post mate and don't think this or CL can be regarded as isolated incidents as I've read quite a number of (alleged) reports over the years of UFOs causing 'burns' to witnesses - these accounts from Brazil of an egg shaped object are pretty intriguing as they're from early November, 1957 - the same time loads of egg shaped UFO reports were flooding in from the U.S. (link).

This Argentinian case from a year before the Hobbs case is also quite interesting as it's stated the close range UFO emitted light which knocked over witnesses causing first, second and third degree burns.

Argentina: Tucumán, UFOs and the Story that Inspired Spielberg

..Strange lights were visible over the Belgrano railroad tracks, only meters away, looking like "when a fluorescent bulb has gone out," Moreno explained. "There was a tube covering the entire track, and you could see the silhouettes of people walking from one light to another. The silhouettes could have been our own. One could see arms, legs and heads in the distance."

Later, she said that when her sister wanted to turn on the flashlight to open the gate, a light "like flamethrower" knocked her and the servant to the ground, inflicting "first, second and third degree burns" to the servants face.

"The Trancas Case represented a before and after, especially in those days, when talking about UFOs was considered deranged," reflects Carlos Burgi, a ufologist with Tucumán OVNI. "It's a landmark case because the craft were seen not only by the Moreno sisters, but also by their parents, the servant, and neighbors." Furthermore, the alleged vehicles left some small white orbs and spots on the grass and the railroad tracks, Burgi adds.

Full Report

ATS resident expert on the Cash Landrum case Curt Collins has also posted about another early interesting case involving a boy here and always remembered this incident as the victim suffered burns in six inch circles on his head and died 59 days later - this other Brazilian case involving Joan Prestes Filho is also very freaky as the guy's ears and nose fell off.

edit on 17-3-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks for the info on the Trancas case. The number of witnesses of that incident is an important aspect, too.

Spare time caused by the Coronavirus is likely to lead to a more thorough self-education in this area of ufology.

PS: Also, the subject of USOs is one I have only ever lightly touched upon, despite the waterworld's great potential for providing answers to this mystery. You and I discussed them before, but USOs never seem to get off the ground (or off the water) as a general topic of interest, which is a great shame.

It's odd that the Nimitz case (whatever one's views on it) did not inspire greater interest in USOs since the initial underwater 'craft' as described by Fravor overshadows fuzzy blobs in a FLIR video. IMO anyway.

edit on 16-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Good summation there Jeep3r, look forward to the thread and really do agree with your comments about David Marler and James Mcdonald - seems Dr Mcdonald actually went through a great many Bluebook reports and here he is describing what he found:

"As a result of several trips to project Bluebook,I´ve had an opportunity to examine quite carefully and in detail the types of reports that are made by Bluebook personnel.In most cases,I have found that theres almost no correlation between so-called "evaluations and explanations" that are made by Bluebook and the facts of the case... 
There are hundreds of good cases in the Air Force files that should have led to top-level scientific scrutiny of this problem,years ago,yet these cases have been swept under the rug in a most disturbing way by Project Bluebook investigators and their consultants." 

Dr James McDonald -Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona

Also looks like there were a great many 'close range' UFO reports:

"The type of UFO reports that are most intriguing are close-range sightings of machine-like objects of unconventional nature and unconventional performance characteristics, seen at low altitudes, and sometimes even on the ground. The general public is entirely unaware of the large number of such reports that are coming from credible witnesses... When one starts searching for such cases, their number are quite astonishing. Also, such sightings appear to be occurring all over the globe." (Hearings before the Committee on Science and Astronautics, U.S. House of Representatives, July 29, 1968.) 

Dr. James E. McDonald, Senior Physicist at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the University of Arizona

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sounds enticing! Care to give us a few clues about the subject matter in the meantime?

Of course, I didn't mean to be too secretive about it...

It'll be a thread about certain patterns in UFO sightings. Nothing that's not been mentioned before, but maybe a topic that deserves another thread, at least I haven't done one on that before but always wanted to.

And I just realized that it may take a bit longer than planned if it's supposed to be presented in a nice way. "It's done when it's done", or so the saying goes!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No worries mate and agree it's very nice to find spare time to look further into this subject, you're not wrong about the USO aspect either -some truly fascinating accounts and we've both posted it before but I think this is one of my favourite threads on ATS.

USO Research

It was already included in Schuessler's catalogue but when it comes to other UFO burn cases it seems the authorities were extremely interested by the Desverges case (although how the main witness was treated after the incident was an absolute disgrace) - if you've not seen it before here's Dolan discussing potential evidence, other witnesses and photographs confiscated by the USAF.

The scoutmaster's 'burned eyes' aspect also pops up again in other very bizarre cases like the Kentucky Stanford , A11 Gary Wood, Val Johnson, Carl Higdon and Robert Taylor incidents (I know you like that last one).

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It'll be a thread about certain patterns in UFO sightings.

Excellent.

I've always believed that patterns hold one of the keys to the entire mystery, so I look forward to your work.

originally posted by: karl 12

No worries mate and agree it's very nice to find spare time to look further into this subject.

The UFO forum is understandably erratic at present, but once everybody settles into their inevitable isolation (and potential curfew), the interest and number of posts should perk up considerably.

Ta for the Dolan link, I'll get stuck into that. I'm a bit drunk tonight (a rare occurrence these days), so perhaps I shouldn't be posting anyway, lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well there's quite a few of those mate.

Seems accounts of burns from UFOs aren't that rare either - here's another newspaper report involving a police officer from May 13th, 1978:

1978-Police Officer Suffers Burns from a UFO

"It was just a routine patrol," Amparano says of the encounter 24 years ago.

His early morning sweep took him past Kerman High School. At Del Norte and California avenues, Amparano saw "a circular-type thing, similar to a round fireball or a setting sun, about 100 to 150 feet off the ground."

He knew local teens had been setting palm trees on fire, and he thought he had caught some young vandals red-handed.

"Then I realized there were no palm trees in the area. The fire seemed to be inside of an oak or maple tree. This thing started lifting up," Amparano says.

The officer started adjusting the spotlight on his patrol car to get a better look at the object. But just before he turned on the light, there was a bright blue flash. Then the object made a sharp turn and moved away toward the southwest at a rapid speed.

Amparano had not left his car. And the windows were rolled up because it was a cold evening. He did not hear any other noise except for the engine of his car.

The Air National Guard, weather bureau and the Fresno Air Terminal told Amparano nothing unusual showed up on any of their radar screens that night.

The encounter might have been dismissed as an optical illusion, if not for the burns Amparano suffered on his face and chest.

"It was like a sunburn when you fall asleep at the pool. There were white blisters on the parts of my body facing that light. I also had trouble with sunlight. It was like right after you have your eyes checked and they are sensitive to light. That lasted about a week," Amparano says.

Doctors at Fresno Community Hospital told Amparano the burns appeared to be caused by microwaves

link

edit on 18-3-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Excellent.

I've always believed that patterns hold one of the keys to the entire mystery, so I look forward to your work.

originally posted by: karl 12

The UFO forum is understandably erratic at present, but once everybody settles into their inevitable isolation (and potential curfew), the interest and number of posts should perk up considerably.

Reply from Erno86

That is: If everybody had wi-fi hook-up in their homes and phones --- Which I do not --- At the present moment...I'm sitting here in a parking lot for the closed public library (because of Covid 9); in Baltimore, Maryland. Just lucky enough to gain a wi fi band signal here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fiery-balled foo fighters are like gila monsters --- Meaning a bright color is obviously a visual warning not to mess with it.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 18-3-2020 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[editb y]edit on 18-3-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 18-3-2020 by Erno86 because: ditto

double post
edit on 18-3-2020 by Erno86 because: double post

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Keep safe mate. :up

Another strange one is this other police case from North Dakota in 1979, an unidentified flying object descended on Officer Val Johnson's patrol car causing him to lose consciousness (and 14 minutes from his wristwatch).

Doctors who later examined him also found his eyes were affected as if he had suffered "mild welder's burns

UFO pseudosceptic Philip Klass reckoned he made it all up.

In his 1983 book UFOs: The Public Deceived, UFO skeptic Philip Klass argued that the entire event was a hoax, and that Johnson had deliberately damaged his own patrol car..

link

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Good video summary of the Charles Davis incident on June, 2nd, 1964 involving a top shaped UFO burning the face of the witness.

Also covers the Beauford E. Parham incident on June, 30th, 1964 involving a top shaped UFO burning the arms of the witness and caused heat damage to the car (car's hood was warped and the paint had bubbled up).

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Considering it's from the National Institute of Health, this is a pretty interesting article..
it's about BVM-related-effects, but a lot of UFOlogists consider those 'UFO events' as well;

Now, I'm not certain if anyone got burned.. but definitely close in effects are claimed:

BVM Close In Effects

Now mind you, given the religious bent of the 'cured' and length of time since the 'curing'
one could throw most of it out, if one wished. But it's a NIH article;

I thought you all might be interested.

Kev

edit on 27-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Considering it's from the National Institute of Health, this is a pretty interesting article..
it's about BVM-related-effects, but a lot of UFOlogists consider those 'UFO events' as well;
I thought you all might be interested.
I would be interested to know why an event without any UFO should be considered a UFO event. Sounds like people having varying degrees of placebo effect which can also be induced by taking sugar pills.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Karl, I don't know if its referenced on the link you provided as is down for me at the moment but the Stefan Michalak case has some good evidence.

Quick search shows covered here but there may be better info / threads.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The same thing could be said of so many 'UFO encounters'.

People have been 'made hysterical' about wanting to see 'UFOs' ever since 'Rowwell'.

One could call what TTSA did 'sugar pills too'. Completely devoid of any content or substance,

yet I think 'UFO sightings' are up because of it.

Now as to why BVM was brought up, I guess it's such a common association due to Jacques Vallee
(some people saw a 'UFO' during the 'initial encounter') that I didn't mention it. My pardon.

Kev

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I looked at the source you posted and didn't see anything about UFOs in that, so I had no idea how UFOs were coming into the picture. I still don't really other than your unsourced comment that "some people saw a 'UFO' during the 'initial encounter'." Maybe the authors of the article you cited thought it was better to not mention the UFO? Or was it not relevant to their article, so that's why they didn't mention it?

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yup!

You know how BVM people can only see 'BVM'. 'UFO people' see UFOs, even in their burritos!

I had a regional MUFON director tell me, that he and all the MUFON leadership were directed to leave 'high strangeness' out of the reports as much as possible. Now, I'm sure some MUFON person will jump in here eventually and say that's not true.

But people always protect their 'turf', and 'edit history'.

I will dig up the reference about there being 'UFOs seen' eventually.. it's in a JV book.. then it's a matter of whether you find the reference credible. I really don't care.

It was just a lovely little reference for purported physical effects, and the thread was about a purported physical effect.
I suppose I stray away too much from OP most of the time.

Kev

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Think Fatima, Virgin Mary apparitions then UFO, Lourdes as in the physical effects referenced also beginning with a VM apparition, although not aware of any actual UFO link there.

There are many similarities between apparitions / visions / contactee and UFO appearances and JV lists them in UFOs: The Psychic Solution. I recommend the read and believe it is possible to download for free.

Whether you accept they are all facets of the same phenomenon probably warrants a separate thread !

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Kev, you will recall from your Why do people see what they want thread that I had an experience that seemed to be related to a post I made, or at least to what my thoughts were around that post.

Well after my post above this morning we had a shopping delivery and as my wife was in the kitchen putting stuff away 2 loaves of bread, both side by side on a level kitchen counter, "jumped" on to the floor. I heard my wife exclaim and she was adamant they were firmly on the top, not overhanging and no way would have fallen - in fact a few hours later she is still pretty spooked and nothing like that has ever happened around her before.

Coincidence or confirmation !

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join